Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Haha Mack, that's hilarious. That's such a random thing they have in common, I love it 😄

She's a sassy pants though so she does her smothered sounding nursing while yelling at me a bit longer. lol.

Bobster, mackjess, mlm? You ladies still about?

Wanted to let you know that I'm pregnant with #2 (15 weeks). It's been a bit of a journey since I left b&b: infertility, surgery then 2 losses but finally reached this far and fingers crossed it continues on...

How are you and your families doing?

Oh my goodness Jane!!! Huge congrats!!! So good to hear from you. So sorry about your struggles, I'm sure that has taken quite a toll on you. How have you been feeling with this pregnancy?

I had an early loss in March, and am now back on b&b because I'm 5 weeks pregnant again. Hoping this one sticks!

Anyway, so so happy for you and thank you for posting!

Yay huge congratulations to you both! So exciting!!! It makes me want to try again but I need to be patient! Decided to wait until Jack starts school next September.

I have everything crossed for you both for healthy sticky beans and babies. Sorry to hear of your losses ��

Yay huge congratulations to you both! So exciting!!! It makes me want to try again but I need to be patient! Decided to wait until Jack starts school next September.

I have everything crossed for you both for healthy sticky beans and babies. Sorry to hear of your losses ��

Ooooh so you think you're for sure going to go for #3?? Exciting!

Yes, my broodiness is telling me a third is the right thing. I've been contemplating it for a while because of financial & practical reasons but I know I'll always regret it if we don't have 1 more. How are you both feeling? Any sickness etc yet mlm? Jane are you showing?

That's exactly how I feel bobster. I totally get it.

I'm feeling good. Slight waves of nausea, sore breasts, and bloating, but nothing extreme yet. I've taken so many pregnancy tests this time for line progression, I'm crazy!

I'm not surprised after a mc recently. I'm an obsessive with testing too. It's really quite addictive, but in those early days I remember panicking so much that the line hadn't darkened enough and it can stress you out at the same time.

How's life otherwise with you guys? Mack how are you finding life with 2?
Jacks really blossomed into such a kind and mostly well behaved young man. He's 4 in October, I really can't believe it's been so long! I wish they'd both slow down as I want to keep them little forever.

Mlm how are your girls? When do you plan to tell them about bump of you haven't already?

Jane have you told Greg yet? How is he doing?

Hey congrats mlm, so happy for you, DH and your girls. Sorry about your loss :hugs:
Oh god I'm a total POAS addict too. I've only stopped because I've had a couple of scans and can feel movement now! Thank goodness for cheapies.

Yes definitely showing now. Initially was a bloat baby but think it is more baby and less air now.

Symptoms are really strong and different from Greg. I feel guilty because I wanted this for so long but am not enjoying being pregnant this time. I feel sick, nipples itch, exhausted, completely distracted and just generally grotty. I am convinced I am a girl. I will find out next week, I had the harmony test Wednesday night and will get the results in a week.

Yes have told Greg and he is happy. He asked how it will come out from my tummy :haha:

Any gender gut feelings mlm or too early?

How old are Arthur and Audrey?

I'm totally done after this one, I want to put the pregnancy chapter behind me and enjoy the 2 I have.

Sounds like a girl to me Jane! And good luck explaining that process to Greg, lol. I don't think you should feel guilty for not loving the pregnancy. No one says you have to love feeling sick all the time to be grateful for being pregnant. I think 2 is a great number of kids. If this doesn't work out for me, I'll be done at two for sure.

Definitely no feeling re: gender yet, but I just assume it's going to be another girl. I felt like I couldn't try for another with the hope of having a boy, so I would be totally happy with another girl. It will be forevvvveer until I find out though!

Besides that, life is pretty good right now. Audrey will be 2 next week, and she is just the smartest little thing! She basically speaks in full sentences, counts to 10, knows her colors... it's crazy how quickly the second one picks things up! Especially since she and Norah are so close in age. Norah will start pre school in the fall which is exciting. She has started ballet classes this summer which she is in love with, it's so cute. She can be quite an emotional handful at times though, so that's fun 🙄 Things are going pretty smoothly right now, am I crazy to throw a wrench in it with another one?? Ha. We shall see!

JANE AND MLM!! Oh my goodness. I'd been coming back in here periodically to check up and then I don't for a few weeks and looks what happens. MLM, praying for a sticky bean this time. I had Finn very soon after my m/c and it was a perfect pregnancy.

and Jane I'm soooo glad you didn't throw in the towel. Yes to 15 weeks. Will you be finding out the gender as well? I think it sounds like a girl as I was a mess with Annabel.

And bobster are we about to have 3 babies in the thread? That would be fun. I'm definitely a 2 and done, as I turn 40 in a few weeks!! If I were a bit younger I could see having 3.

How is everyone doing? Finn just turned 4, which is crazy, and my baby girl is almost 11 months. Last baby syndrome is bad yall every little milestone and I just cry.

Our kiddies are growing up quick! Happy birthday to Finn and Audrey.

I'm def done after 2, even if I could get pregnant easily after #2, my level of anxiety at having a healthy baby is definitely high and I find it all very worrying and stressful and I am 35 so feel ready to be put TTC days behind me. DH said he would consider a 3rd but even he has changed his mind.

I think I will be like you mackjess, savouring every moment much more. God I hope I'm more relaxed in the baby stage this time- last time was all a blur. Was it better for you ladies the second time around?

Waiting for my harmony results now and will find out the gender next week too. Work knows about the pregnancy now and I feel more focusesed on the projects I need to get tied up by the end of the year now. Can't believe it is August next week and I hope to go on mat leave in early December- doesn't seem like very long to go, but in some ways feels like ages away too....

I think it will be a nice feeling to be done with ttc/pregnancy, I agree with that Jane. I 100% was more relaxed with baby number 2. There's just a comfort level that makes you feel more prepared. I can't wait to hear the results of your gender test!

Mack, it is crazy how old these kids are getting! I will for sure have last baby syndrome, I'm way more emotional as a mom than I ever thought I would be!

Mlm will you have any more do you think after no.3?

I'm such a maternal person. I'm not sure I'll ever feel 'done'. That's part of the reason I've been deliberating so much about whether to go for no.3 or not. I don't want to go for it and still not feel complete. Could I just feel this maternal instinct forever?! I feel torn as practically and financially we are done, but my heart says there's room for 1 more. I just love everything about motherhood and like you ladies I am cherishing every moment second time round. Jane it's 100x more relaxed and enjoyable. everything seemed to just flow better with Arthur from the moment he was born. With jack I just felt anxious the whole time and it's all such a blur!

When do you find out your harmony results?

Mlm will you find out what you're having too?

I think I'm going to aim to start ttc in September next year (when jack starts school & Arthur will be nearly 2.5). I'll be 32 then and no.3 will definitely be my last.

So good to know baby stage should be easier 2nd time around. Just dreading the sleep deprivation.

No results from harmony test. Doctor rung on Tuesday to say my blood sample need further processing but should hear more by the end of this week. He did firmly say that it doesn't indicate any health issues but just happens sometimes if they can't get enough of the babies dna from my blood. If they still can't extract enough then I get my money back.

How are you feeling mlm, tests still progressing? When will you see your doctor? Will you have an early viability scan or hcg blood draw?

Aw, too bad about the test Jane. Hopefully they are able to work it out. If not, not too much longer til an ultrasound I would imagine.

I will definitely find out what I'm having. I usually have a 16 week ultrasound which is when I've found out the genders in the past. I'm still so nervous though, it's hard to think ahead. My tests are super dark, and I found myself trying to compare if the control line was lighter than before, since my test lines are so much darker then the control lines now- that I decided it's time to stop taking tests and just see what happens. I have an appt on Monday which will do bloods and a physical exam. I just want to get to the 8 week ultrasound, that will make me feel so much better if that goes well. However, I'm also quite scared at the idea of having 3 kids, so no, definitely no more after this!

Great to hear your tests are progressing and darker than the control now mlm- definitely time to stop testing. Good luck for your appointment, let us know how you get on. When are you due based on your dates?
Any crappy symptoms so far?

I got my harmony test results back today, low risk for downs etc and it is a girl. So my intuition was right and we are happy but I feel nervous- I dont know how to look after a girl but I haven't bit much choice.

At least can narrow down the name choices now!

How you doing bobster and mackjess? Almost the weekend.

Yay, a girl! Congrats! How exciting! And even better that your results showed low risk for things, awesome!

I'm due 3/29- what is your due date Jane? I'm feeling pretty tired and generally icky. Some nausea and such. Are you starting to feel better now that you are in second tri?

We have our family here Saturday for Audrey's bday party, it will be hard not to tell everyone! But I'm not ready to say anything yet.

Jane, I was hoping for another boy. It took me a long time to get on board for a girl. I think when I finally got excited was a few weeks before I had her and was washing and folding her clothes to get the nursery ready. Now tho, seeing Daddy and Finn melt and moon over her, I'm soooo glad I had a boy then girl. Of course I would have totally loved and rocked being a boy mom.

MLM any girl or boy feelings? Bobster that sounds like a good plan. You'll be ready for a baby when they are starting school. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->