Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Oh my gosh!!! That is so exciting! Glad to see you ladies again. I've been exhausted with back to work, but I think that will start improving. I feel like I'm getting my wits back about me again.

So so hard. Lol. But it's getting better. How's staying home with 2? I swear that's got to be harder.

I bet it's hard! I can't imagine. Staying home has its challenges, but we are in a good routine by now.

Update- waiting to miscarry unfortunately. Hcg levels are going down : (

Update #2- yup- officially miscarrying. I'm sad, but will be ok.

Oh mlm sweetie I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing OK. I know it's sad even so early.

Oh no mlm. I'm so sorry. How are you feeling?? Hope you are ok. Is hubby ok too? Hope you have support

Mack I don't know how you do it! I went back when Arthur was 9 months and that was hard. Is Annabelle on the bottle now? How many hours are you working?

Thank you! I really do feel ok. It's a huge difference from the devastation of my first miscarriage. Maybe because I already have 2 children, maybe because it was so much earlier... I'm not sure. But either way, I'm ok. Thank you for your kind words : )

Glad you are ok mlm. Will you continue ntnp and see what happens? I'm toying with the idea of a no.3. Although I'm pretty sure OH feels happy with just 2... I'm not sure I feel we're complete yet 😕

We had a good long talk about it the other night, and I think we will ntnp starting in June. I just don't have that feeling of being "done", you know? So hopefully we are fortunate enough to have one more and then I'm for sure done : ) I'm actually shocked that DH is onboard with wanting another. I think it's because we had this loss, and he was sad which made him realize he'd be ok with one more.

Awe I think it's so sweet you both want 1 more. We are pretty good with 2 I think, but it does make me sad all the time Annabel is my last baby, and she's already huge! We are 21lbs and in 12-18 month clothes already. I love it though, my big girl.

Bobster, she gets bottles at daycare. Still pumping which surprises me it's going so well still. With Finn I was already at mostly formula at this point. I sometimes have to add 2 oz of formula to top off Annabel's bottles, but I am really keeping up. I'm working 40 hours a week, but I do work 3 days from home. Total life saver!!

Oh that's so great that you can work from home 3 days a week! I bet that really helps with pumping especially. Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous. I do miss working at times. I'd love to do something part time, but I don't know if there's any professional opportunities for part time work.

My word Mack 40 hours! I only did 37 before I had kids. You are amazing to manage everything.

I do 30 hours over 3 days. So 2 12 hour shifts and an 8 hour one. It works well for us as I have every other day off. I still struggle with chores though and the house is a permanent tip. Would love someone to come in and sort out our endless washing for us on a daily basis. We don't iron anything and do a load a day so impossible to keep on top of it.

Do you both struggle with it too? There's a brilliant lady who started writing a blog about parenthood but has since written a book called hurrah for gin. It's good for telling the reality of motherhood but in humorous way. Have you read it?

I feel like I'm constantly failing at housekeeping. To be honest, I'm not the neatest person to begin with, as I'd rather take any spare time I have to sit on the couch and relax haha. I could do a much better job at cleaning and organizing my house. I think I'm going to start trying to involve the girls in simple tasks like dusting or putting their own laundry away to try and help. Bluh. No fun.

I haven't heard of that book, I'm going to look it up though!

Uhh yea I just took monday off because I can't get laundry put away. hehehe. The husband and I recently bought new clothes since we accepted we aren't getting in our pre-kid size anytime soon, and of course the kids have grown, so everything is full of clothes that don't fit and we keep wearing clean laundry out of the baskets. I seriously just got 2 more laundry baskets so we each have our own. lol

so yea...keeping up is hard. I'm doing a major closet clean and purge monday, and there's a donation place that picks stuff up from your curb. I'm not even going to try to resell like I used to do when it was just Finn.

Mlm I'm the same and the sofa or a little lie down always seems like a better idea!

Mack taking a day off to get on top of it sounds like a killer! But so much easier without the babes around.

It's 4am and currently feeding an awake Arthur. Think he may be teething. Ah the joys. Lots of coffee today. Jack also had his preschool injections yesterday. I felt so guilty taking him. Didn't tell him until we were in the waiting room but the appointment was late so he worked himself up a bit. He's had a huge temperature since too, poor thing.

How's everyone else?

Finn got mad at the doctor because his shots didn't turn him into a giant. No idea where he came up with that idea, lol.

Annabel rarely sleeps thru the night, so I ended up napping most of the day Monday. I really needed a day though. Sean and Finn had strep throat and Annabel and I had colds last week. I was worn slick!

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring finally!

Oh god sounds stressful Mack. We have had non stop illness too. It's so much harder with sickness isn't it. I hope everyone stays well for s while now.

Are you co-sleeping with Annabel? It must be so tough with broken sleep and working. It's ace you get to work from home 3 days, although the temptation to go for a nap would be too hard for me!

That's so cute of Finn! Haha! They are hilarious aren't they. Jack comes out with corkers which make me chuckle everyday :)

Ugh, yes, sickness is the worst. Hope everyone is feeling better!

Love the funny things they say at this age (usually completely unintentionally funny!). Norah is a super sensitive kid, so shots or doctor visits in general are just awful with her. Audrey is my funny little clown. She has me cracking up all the time. Do you ladies see personality differences in your kiddos? It's crazy how different they can be!

No cosleeping with Annabel. She goes to sleep just fine, she's just still a hungries baby so gets up to eat once a night. And she's still the world's slowest eater so I'm up for about an hour or a little more.

Finn and AB are totally different. She's obv much younger, but I see so many differences. The one thing she does the same as him is the angry arm when nursing though. He was also a pretty hungry baby and if I took .5 seconds too long, he'd start nursing, but grunting while windmilling his free arm to let me know he was not pleased. She does the exact same thing and it cracks me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->