Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

I just booked my 16 week ultrasound... Do you think they'll be able to tell the sex then?

Exciting! I think they should be able to sex the baby at 16 weeks but I'm not 100%. When is the scan?

I know it is crazy. I can't believe i'm 28 weeks. Still panic though every now and then that somethings going to go wrong.

Have thought a bit about the birth. Would like to try and do it as naturally as possible. Want to avoid an epidural at all costs and try with gas and air and maybe pethidine if it gets too much. Would prefer not to have that though as don't want to be out of it.

Have you thought about your birth?

When do you have you first antenatal class again?

Haven't started the nursery but have picked the cot and dresser.

MLM I'm not sure. I don't know if its too early or not. You can always ask though. What date is the scan? How exciting!

Oh I saw a nice pram today- it was i-candy. I'm sure people think i'm staring at their babies but really i'm just trying to get a look at the name on the side of the chassis.

Nice to hear from you Mack. Glad you are both doing well and back to feeding up now. Sounds like Finn's doing amazing. He's soo gorgeous!

do you ladies have any bump pictures you want to share?

The scan is 8/19. I was just reading about it and apparently they have to do it as a trans vag scan. Yikes. And then I get one every 2 weeks until I'm 24 weeks.

Show off your 28 week bump Bobster, we'd love to see! Mine is still more chubby looking than pregnant.

Here is one of me and my son! Pre bump. Yey I posted a photo!

Attachments

• STA50040.JPG
    STA50040.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 4
Nice to see you Mrs Phez. Love the profile pic of dexter. I don't know why but I thought you'd have brown hair.

Mlm, I think at 16 weeks they can tell the sex- i know places advertise gender scans from 16 weeks but i'm not sure of the accuracy. So exciting.

Hope you're all having lovely weekends.

Lovely pic phez thanks for sharing! Dexter is very cute you must be very proud. Do you think he'll be ok with having a sibling?

I will share my 28 week pic soon I promise. Might get OH to take one so its easier.

MLM that's great that you are going to get regular scans to make sure bubs and cervix are ok. TV scans aren't too bad either. I had one with the mc and it was fine- not painful or anything. I'm sure they can tell the sex too, but at least you'll get lots of other scans to confirm. Why do they only do them until 24 weeks?

I had my whooping cough vaccination yesterday and it really stung! She put it really far up my arm too almost on the bone and it still feels bruised! Grrr.

What have you all been up to this weekend so far? I went to the races today and lost by £10. I only ever put a couple of pounds on each bet. Its great fun.

Cute picture Phez, I love dexter's smile in it! Love your shirt too, super cute.

I guess they do the scans every 2 weeks to make sure it's not shortening, and youre out of the danger zone after 24 weeks? I really have no idea, I should probably ask. I was just excited at the thought of seeing my baby that many more times haha.

I love the races! I'm the same way though with only making small bets. It's still fun and you're not out too much if you lose!

Oh yeah, my pregancy app on my phone tells me I'm in my 2nd trimester today! Yay!

Yay congratulations on the second tri mlm! Officially out of the danger zone!

Congrats Mlm on the second tri :happydance:

Ouch with the vaccine bobster, hope you didn't sleep on that arm- always feels dead the next day.

I'm totally clueless when it comes to putting a bet on! Sounds like fun though. We got a few bits for the house over the weekend now that the work is finished, feels nice to be back to normal. Got to reorganise the upstairs now and start thinking about the nursery.

How are everyone's symptoms? I've had swollen ankles lately :nope:

Thank you ladies!

As far as symptoms, I'm still quite tired and nauseous, even getting sick a few times a week. But my question is about belly pain- I have the round ligament pain once in a while which I'm fine with, but I'm also getting a sharper pain low, just above my pubic bone. Feels like sharp pinching, and always in the same spot. Have you ladies had this? It doesn't feel like the growing/stretching like the other "pain" I have.

Congrats mlm, great news you've made it through the dreaded first tri! Onwards and upwards (and outwards!)
Excited to be an olive, 9 weeks seems like a bit step up to an almost baby like bean now. Feeling good still that this one will be viable. No scan date yet but shouldn't be long now till the letter comes at least.
We are going to a triple head wetting party at the weekend which I am dreading. I look "bumpy" already and people will no doubt be guessing why. Still looks like bloat to be fair but it is a big difference to how I normally look. Some clever dressing needed I think and some good answers lined up ready for the inevitable "so when are you having a second child?"
Another unfortunate thing I have had since the mc is mild panic attacks, lasting just a few seconds and that only happen once every couple of months, but I had one this morning. Horrible feeling of intense fear and impending doom. Prob should mention to mw as I had totally forgotten about them till I had one today. Don't even feel stressed. Sorry for the long one....

Lovely pic phez thanks for sharing! Dexter is very cute you must be very proud. Do you think he'll be ok with having a sibling?

I will share my 28 week pic soon I promise. Might get OH to take one so its easier.

MLM that's great that you are going to get regular scans to make sure bubs and cervix are ok. TV scans aren't too bad either. I had one with the mc and it was fine- not painful or anything. I'm sure they can tell the sex too, but at least you'll get lots of other scans to confirm. Why do they only do them until 24 weeks?

I had my whooping cough vaccination yesterday and it really stung! She put it really far up my arm too almost on the bone and it still feels bruised! Grrr.

What have you all been up to this weekend so far? I went to the races today and lost by £10. I only ever put a couple of pounds on each bet. Its great fun.

Thanks Bobster, yes, he is the apple of our eye. We're testing him with the idea of a baby coming to live with us and having the same Mummy and Daddy as him. He seems OK but I don't think any first born is ever happy about a new arrival!
I love having flutter, wish I was more successful!

Mlm, I've had the pain like what you describe. For me it was like a stitch/cramp in the side I get when running but sharper like a pinch. I asked the midwife and she said it was normal.

Finally have a scan date...21st August, so another 3 long weeks to wait. I will be 12+3 according to my sums. Nice to have a date to look forward to!

Mlm I had more crampy pains than sharp ones. They really worried me and it was around the time they gave my antibitotics for a urine infection. I think different women have different pains/aches and its normal. It will be your womb moving up and stretching. Have your rung your midwife for some peace of mind? Hope they ease up for you.

MrsPhez yay for the scan date! Something to look forward to. I know 3 weeks seems ages away when you're waiting for things though. Time is just flying by for me right now. I'm actually getting pretty nervous about it going too fast and not having enough stuff ready.

Jane, great that you're thinking about the nursery now. Do you have any ideas's in mind? I bet its nice to have your house back to yourselves again.

I am thinking about the nursery trying to decide how we'll have it... I think we'll do it pretty neutral and then when we have the second we can use the same things again. The baby's room is still currently my OH's room/our washing room though lol we'll probably be doing it in the last few weeks knowing us.

Mlm I had more crampy pains than sharp ones. They really worried me and it was around the time they gave my antibitotics for a urine infection. I think different women have different pains/aches and its normal. It will be your womb moving up and stretching. Have your rung your midwife for some peace of mind? Hope they ease up for you.

MrsPhez yay for the scan date! Something to look forward to. I know 3 weeks seems ages away when you're waiting for things though. Time is just flying by for me right now. I'm actually getting pretty nervous about it going too fast and not having enough stuff ready.

Jane, great that you're thinking about the nursery now. Do you have any ideas's in mind? I bet its nice to have your house back to yourselves again.

I am thinking about the nursery trying to decide how we'll have it... I think we'll do it pretty neutral and then when we have the second we can use the same things again. The baby's room is still currently my OH's room/our washing room though lol we'll probably be doing it in the last few weeks knowing us.

Think I might have mentioned before but you can get peelable wall art/stickers which are brilliant. You can change the whole theme of the nursery at very little cost. Amazon have tons.

Oooh yeah such a good idea thanks Phez. I'll have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->