Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

How is everyone?

I'm trying to bake a victoria sponge and so far its looking very flat!!! Going to have to learn these mumsy skills soon.

I hope I'm not still an eggplant tomorrow. Its so boring!

P.s. Just wondering are there any skills you ladies want to learn so you can do them with your kids?

How is everyone?

I'm trying to bake a victoria sponge and so far its looking very flat!!! Going to have to learn these mumsy skills soon.

I hope I'm not still an eggplant tomorrow. Its so boring!

I've been baking today as well - coconut caramel slices. Deelish!
Hope your fruit grows tomorrow. That is the one good thing I can think of in these early stages, at least the fruit changes every week! Scan now 22nd Aug so DH doesn't have to rush in and out of work, only 1 day different so I'll live!

Great you've got a date in the diary Mrs Phez.

Lots of baking going on here! We used our bread maker for the first time yesterday (been sitting on the side since we inherited it 2 months ago), the smell of warm bread was lovely.

Went swimming tonight, feeling quite exhausted now.

My friend has scheduled an elective c section, there are no medical reasons for it and it's her first kid. Not sure I'd want that for myself unless I really have to, I at least want to try naturally first. I do think it's a bit lazy if there are no medical reasons and you never even tried to go natural- sorry if that sounds a bit harsh.

Great you've got a date in the diary Mrs Phez.

Lots of baking going on here! We used our bread maker for the first time yesterday (been sitting on the side since we inherited it 2 months ago), the smell of warm bread was lovely.

Went swimming tonight, feeling quite exhausted now.

My friend has scheduled an elective c section, there are no medical reasons for it and it's her first kid. Not sure I'd want that for myself unless I really have to, I at least want to try naturally first. I do think it's a bit lazy if there are no medical reasons and you never even tried to go natural- sorry if that sounds a bit harsh.

Too posh to push! Not necessarily the easy option either but it's her decision. I was so nervous about having Dexter naturally and was certain I wanted an epidural which I got. The mw last week tried to push me toward midwife-led birth and I said I wanted an epi which she tried to swing me away from but I'm standing firm. She was saying how the second one is much easier, still painful though!!!

I'm totally not against pain relief, whatever it takes to make it through. Hoping to use the birthing pool for a bit but we'll see.

The thought of tearing or them cutting my bits makes my stomach turn.

DH just felt the baby kick from the outside for the first time :happydance:

We have some busy kitchens around here! I made some cream of chicken and rice soup (from scratch!) yesterday- first time I've cooked in quite some time.

When I am ready to deliver, I will for sure go for the meds. Heck yes!

I'm totally not against pain relief, whatever it takes to make it through. Hoping to use the birthing pool for a bit but we'll see.

Aaaaah, how lovely! He must be so chuffed!

I had episiotomy as Dexter was ventouse. Didn't feel or know a thing by that stage, don't worry too much about it.

Yay Jane your little man's getting stronger!

I don't understand why people may opt for csections either. It must be the nervous maybe? I'm rally hoping to avoid an epidural and go as natural as possible.

Mmm both of your cooking/baking sounds so much nicer than mine. I need to brush up on my skills before little one comes! 11 weeks to go argh!

Cannot believe how fast these pregnancies are progressing! You're already a squash Bobster, wow!

Yay a squash!!! Sorry for my terrible spelling in the last post. Its my phones fault its so hard to type on..

My victoria sponge actually looks ok now I've put the filling in. It didn't rise as much as I'd hoped so I thought it was a dud but its quite tasty actually. I'll attach a pic as i'm quite proud hehe (little things!).

Also here's my 29 week bump!

Attachments

• IMAG1086.jpg
    IMAG1086.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 29 weeks (3).jpg
    29 weeks (3).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 29 weeks (6).jpg
    29 weeks (6).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3
You look so cute! That's exactly how I want to look when I'm that far along. And now I have a cake craving, thanks alot haha

Hahaha thank you mlm!

And sorry for the cake craving....!

Oh wow bobster, you look great. Can't believe you are only 6 weeks ahead of me and that's how I might look! Eeeek.

The cake looks lovely, did you put cream in the middle too?

Yey for the squash! Is that like a small pumpkin?

I think so! I didn't want to ask so I'm glad you did!

Can't say its a staple on my weekly shopping list.

How is your bump? I think mines really popped in the last couple of weeks. I hope its not too big. When's your first antenatal class? You'll have to tell us what you learnt.

Lovely bump and food! Sorry to be MIA, I usually read on my phone while I'm BF, but haven't been on a PC to post. I have trouble doing that one handed from my phone. :)

Here are some updated pics of the Finn man. I'm still healing from the CSection for sure. Got a UTI, fun! And I get a burning pain sometimes if I move the wrong way and that makes position for breastfeeding difficult at times. It's not bad pain and short lived, guess it's just part of my nerves that were cut in surgery healing. I'll be glad to be back to 100%

Attachments

• 2013-07-31 12.21.49.jpg
    2013-07-31 12.21.49.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013-07-31 10.05.06.jpg
    2013-07-31 10.05.06.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2013-07-27 14.02.59.jpg
    2013-07-27 14.02.59.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 9
Cute pics! How is jake dealing with having Finn around?

Soooo gorgeous!!! He's a really handsome little man!
How long is healing meant to take Mack? Do you have strict rules to follow?

Hope your Uti clears up soon. How is motherhood so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->