Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

I like the denim bobster and the design is similar to the Uppababy one Mrs Phez suggested which I really like.

The only criticism I would have is that the shopping basket underneath looks quite shallow. I personally would prefer one with a deeper basket/higher sides to it. But otherwise it looks great. Does it fold easy and is it light? Doesn't look like it would be too bulky.

Thanks Jane. Not sure about how it folds up yet but will try it out in the shop soon. I didn't even think about the size of the shopping basket. Can imagine it will get annoying if its too small... Hmm saw a lady with a Vista today and it did look good. Do you think that's what you'll go for?

Thanks Jane. Not sure about how it folds up yet but will try it out in the shop soon. I didn't even think about the size of the shopping basket. Can imagine it will get annoying if its too small... Hmm saw a lady with a Vista today and it did look good. Do you think that's what you'll go for?

Have a friend with a Sola, will ask her! I have only seen 2 vistas in the 3 years we've owned ours and were both red (like our broken one). Amazed you saw one!

Heard back from gynae, no extra scans for me, just the routine 12 and 20 weeks booooo.
Dexter just ditched his 2 hr afternoon nap this week, just when I could do with putting my feet up!

I hate to be the one to worry all the time in the group, but I'm feeling very anxious today. My nausea is almost all gone, which makes me so worried. Also, I couldn't get the heartbeat today on my doppler, so if course that didn't help ease my nerves. I wish I could be the type that doesn't worry about this stuff

Mlm, we are all worrying, Its natural, especially given our experiences before.

When I was 9+4 weeks I was convinced it was dead as had no symptoms for a week. I cried down the phone to my mum telling that I just knew something was wrong so I paid for a private scan and there was my bean, very happy and alive. Symptoms will come and go.

Your bubs has likely moved position and don't forget, although you heard the HB using the Doppler already, it is still so early to be hearing it reliably every time.

Bobster, I still need to go and touch and feel the pushchairs before we make a firm decision on it. Although we don't want to spend heaps of money, we've learnt the hard way on other things we've bought (non baby stuff) that your better off paying a little more if it saves you buying twice and I know my parents have the same view. But we totally won't be paying like £800 upwards because we do have a budget and I believe we can get what we would like for under £800.

DH also wants an isofix car seat which im not sure if you could then use the pushchair chassis to stick the car seat on but being winter we'd likely stick to the bassinet for that so it keeps snug and warm. Hmm needs more research.

Mrs phez, did you tell people yet? Rubbish about your scans- you will need to work on DH some more!

Bobster, while in the shower I thought of another consideration about the sola. Depending on when you want to have #2, can the sola have one of those ride on steps for a toddler attached?

It's not a big deal but when I showed DH the uppababy online, he liked that you could convert it for a second kid (said he was gonna impregnate me again straight away!)

Sorry to add another thing on your list to think about with the pushchair. Remember that at the end of the day, it's personal preference and what will work for your lifestyle and how much your in laws want to pay. Will they go with you to choose?

I think they will. Yes there are lots of things to think about aren't there. I think we'll have to go and have abother look in person too to get more of an idea of the practicalities. You're so lucky that your hubby wants to try again straight away! I would probably do that too but we said we'd wait 2 years. I think it would be nice though to have them close together in age.

Mlm I felt exactly the same too. The only thing that kept me going until the 12 week scan was that the cobsultant who did my private scan said the chance of mc after seeing a heartbeat was less than 1 in 50 so I just kept trying to remind myself the odds were so low of losing it. Like jane said though my symptoms came and went on a day to day basis and I definitelly didn't feel pregnant. Boobs weren't sort and nausea was less frequent in the early days. And i tried everyday and didn't find a heartbeat until over 10 weeks and even then it wasn't every time. Your bean is so tiny at the moment. Midwives here dont start trying until 16+ weeks and that's because they were panicking women when they didn't find hb. I know its tough we still all worry constantly.

Mlm, we are all worrying, Its natural, especially given our experiences before.

When I was 9+4 weeks I was convinced it was dead as had no symptoms for a week. I cried down the phone to my mum telling that I just knew something was wrong so I paid for a private scan and there was my bean, very happy and alive. Symptoms will come and go.

Your bubs has likely moved position and don't forget, although you heard the HB using the Doppler already, it is still so early to be hearing it reliably every time.

Bobster, I still need to go and touch and feel the pushchairs before we make a firm decision on it. Although we don't want to spend heaps of money, we've learnt the hard way on other things we've bought (non baby stuff) that your better off paying a little more if it saves you buying twice and I know my parents have the same view. But we totally won't be paying like £800 upwards because we do have a budget and I believe we can get what we would like for under £800.

DH also wants an isofix car seat which im not sure if you could then use the pushchair chassis to stick the car seat on but being winter we'd likely stick to the bassinet for that so it keeps snug and warm. Hmm needs more research.

Mrs phez, did you tell people yet? Rubbish about your scans- you will need to work on DH some more!

Hi Jane! Re Isofix, just make sure your car has capability for Isofix. Our last car didn't so we ended up buying an "Easybase" for the maxi cosi instead. It still sits in the car all the time and is easy to clip the car seat into. Also got second hand off ebay, bargain.
I have told my mum and dad although I haven't mentioned this to DH yet. Think I should, feeling guilty...

I hate to be the one to worry all the time in the group, but I'm feeling very anxious today. My nausea is almost all gone, which makes me so worried. Also, I couldn't get the heartbeat today on my doppler, so if course that didn't help ease my nerves. I wish I could be the type that doesn't worry about this stuff

I have heard that symptoms diminish around the point you are at, might be to do with placenta taking over or something like that. Wish I could ease your stress more!

This morning I did an hpt for the first time in 48 hours (record!) and it was so dark, I thought I had the test upside down or something but I realised I was looking at the test line and not the control. Time to step away from the hpts!
Got that pulling sensation some of you described when I woke up today.
Did your pregnancies feel different to when you miscarried? This does to me but then I had a blighted ovum I think so there was never any baby in there in the first place. Can't really compare.
Nobody has mentioned Bugaboo yet! Bit shocked by that!

The bugaboo is too overpriced in my opinion so not an option.

I didn't get the pulling sensation when I had my mc but I was only 5 1/2 weeks when it happened and tests never got darker so I guess technically was a chemical? I hate the term chemical.

Thanks Mrs phez for advice re isofix, both our cars have the isofix points but from what I've been reading it is not as universal as you are led to believe, to use in either car I mean. Thinkk will need to look into it some more because as we move up the car seat groups as the kid gets older I want to make sure we don't have to buy a new base everytime.

You are brave buying that sort of thing on ebay. Did you get proof it hadn't been involved in an accident previously?

Thanks Mrs phez for advice re isofix, both our cars have the isofix points but from what I've been reading it is not as universal as you are led to believe, to use in either car I mean. Thinkk will need to look into it some more because as we move up the car seat groups as the kid gets older I want to make sure we don't have to buy a new base everytime.

You are brave buying that sort of thing on ebay. Did you get proof it hadn't been involved in an accident previously?

Ah it was only the base, not the car seat. Would never buy that 2nd hand. Look up Easy Base, you'll see what it looks like. Dexter's second seat we splashed out on a Maxi Cosi Axiss. It swings round, so easy to put them in. No base needed. He ready for booster now.

Mackjess and mlm, in the states. Do you guys have an abnormality scan at 20 weeks? My American friend whos girlfriend is pregnant and living in Peru reckons in the states you have the 13 week one and that's it as far as looking at anomalies go?

I said he should double check with his doc.

My doctor gave me the option of a first trimester or second trimester screening. I think the first trimester screening is a little newer and seemed at bit more advanced. Not completely sure though, it's all very confusing to me.

Eek, made my mw booking in appointment today (with a very miserable receptionist) for 24th July! She was trying to imply that I had absolutely no right phoning her when I was only 6 weeks! Lo and behold apps were all booked up so I had every right and if I hadn't called it would be 9 weeks before I saw anyone. I have to think she was a bitter, childless woman and that I should feel sympathy, not anger.
Never made it to the last one so hope we make it this time! Found this amazing website www.visembryo.com thanks to another post. Just what I was looking for!

I have all the faith in the world you will more than make it to that appointment Phez! Good thing you called- receptionists suck sometimes.

Thanks mlm, he was probably right then.

Exciting that your booking in appointment is made mrs phez.

Bobster, how did your 24 week appointment go? What did they do at that one?

How are you doing mackjess?

Hey everyone. Hope you are all having a lovely weekend and the UK ladies are enjoying the sunshine.

Mrsphez this pregnancy to me felt very different from the chemicals. I had much stronger lines earlier on and felt more positive although still very anxious about it. Maybe it was just hopefullness i'm not sure but the test lines kept me more positive than previously. Its like I already knew it wasn't right the first time as the lines stayed so faint and didn't progress much. I am really positive for you that this is a sticky bean.

I saw the bugaboo camelon 3 and loved it but its way out of our price range too. Thought I might look for a second hand one on ebay but would quite like a fresh new pram for the first baby.

Jane the 24 week appointment went fine. She just dipped me urine, listened into the heartbeat and didn't my blood pressure. She's really nice. The next one is in 4 weeks.

How's your bump coming along? Not long now until you scan yay!

Mackjess any signs of Finn's arrival? I can't wait to hear your news I'm so excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->