My BF mother is a Cows ****

Duffy

Reaction score
OMG I'm sorry but she is such a JERK! I have a history with her flaking out on me which is why I'm not close to his mom at ALL! She saw me maybe 2 during the whole time I was pregnant, only because I went out of MY way to see her.

Well during the week BF phoned her asking if she would like to meet our baby girl for the first time, we also had a birth announcement card to give her. Well anyway she agreed to sunday since she will not go out of her way to see me or chase or our baby unless we go to her. So sunday came and before I even got Karissa dressed or myself I told him to phone a head to get the green light, he did and she was still okay with us coming/ my mom. Well we gave our baby her first bath and got her all dressed up in a cute pink dress and a matching pink receiving blanket and got her diaper bag ready and yadda yadda.

Well you all know how it is to get out the door with a baby it takes time and planning lol. So we pulled up and BF went in ahead while we waited in the car to put his mom cats in the back room. Well he comes out and she said she doesn't want any visiters that she sick, which was bull cuz we phoned BEFORE we came over so why didn't she say then? She wouldn't even come outside to meet her granddaughter she flat out refused, it was a dumb game with her. BF was so upset and we both agreed we would not be putting our daughter through her games, next time she can come to our home. I just think it was a very low low low thing to do and so disrespectful of her I'm so tempted to write her a email but out of respect to bf I won't. He does understand that is the very last time I or Karissa will set foot at her home/okay driveway lol, she can come her.

Rant over heehee.....

sounds like so many mils have issues. i agree your little girl should be left out of the games. it must get more difficult as they get older and understand more............can your bf talk to her to find out why? is there any possibility that she was worried about making lo sick ? probably need to get to the bottom of it and put her straight about the game playing over your lo:hugs:

He asked her then and she just said she was sick but it didn't make sense we phoned before we went over, I don't understand why she didn't say so then?

His mom does not like me chase was her favorite and she babied him, I didn't and 6 months into are relationship I made him get a job and his license. When he moved in with me is when his mother openly disliked me so I never went to any of his family functions. When I found out I was pregnant I tried setting up some dinner dates with his mom, she did the EXACT same thing with me, at the last minute she backed out, then we invited her Thanksgiving and she said she no. She told chase if I wanted to see her that I was welcome to come to her home but she was not meeting me for dinner, it was actually a huge snub from her. After that I went to her work twice with BF while I was pregnant and she was pleasent then. Honestly his mom confues me my mom says she sour cuz he moved in with me that when she disliked me.

Either way I was willing to put aside my anger at her for her treatment towards me, clearly she not willing or ready to do that. Is so unfair to millions of babies and kids around the world who experience this, thankfully I have the control to not put Karissa through that again/when she old enough to understand.

There are a lot of jerky MIL for sure! We should form a complain club about em hahah!

She needs to grow up. I agree with you hun don't put your daughter through her childish games. Next time she wants to see your LO I would tell her she can do all the planning herself if she wants to visit so bad!!! xx

Send her a box full of dirty diapers for Xmas

Hahaha that would be a priceless moment to remember sending over dirty diapers! His mom really needs to grow up and next time she can come here.

I'm glad I have control over the situation on bringing her back over there, after all I'm not going to keep going if the door not even going to be opened. Geez she wouldn't even come outside it really says a lot to me. It really is her loss in the end and at least I don't have to suffer through house visits or dinners or gathering at his mom house so there is a plus side for her rude behavior. LOL.

It's a pain when you dont get on with relatives. Usually both sides need to compromise on their behaviour a bit.

I agree its too bad she couldn't put aside her dislike of me to meet her granddaughter, as I was willing to put aside my dislike of her and go to her home.

Oh well her loss.

i think you done right sod her it is her loss childish mil and she is a mther her self you would expect better or at least i would xxx

:(
You are right to expect her to come to you next time.

We should start a MIL support thread lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->