my big clean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Every year i try to clean the house literally top to bottom so we enter the new year with a clean house and a clear mind. I never leave myself enough time and its always half done, well since having had the kids anyway so I've decided to start now. Today i have:

Cleared the window ledge ready for my poinsettia plant
Took a lot of clutter upstairs for sorting/storing
Cleared my kitchen window ledge of all clutter and cleaned the window
Cleared and cleaned under all the appliances on the largest work surface
Cleaned the inside of the microwave :sick: which was gopping lol

Its a good start but still tonnes to do. I aim to be all done by 12th December.

Does anyone else do anything at all similar? I feel like its a big achievement but no-one else would care. Also slightly embarrassed by how bad my microwave was lol :blush:

yes i need to get a start however my living room is still upside down it needs flooring down, wallpapered and painted i'm waiting for my budget loan to come back so it's stressful. i just hope its done by xmas or we will be sat opening gifts in the kitchen lol! (big kitchen diner)

YES!! I do a big clean every few months but my house always seems cluttered!! I stripped the kids room last week and i still have all the stuff in the hallway ready to take to charity! I hate piles of stuff everywhere. Cant do our room till all the xmas pressies are out of there but id like to have all the rest done by xmas, starting with the living room this week because im hosting a kids xmas party on the 5th!! EEK!

Im always decluttering and tidying but im having a deep clean including ALL carpets before i put up the tree on saturday! The house has to be spotless before the decorations can go up x

Hi yes I'm the same, I started to sort out all the old toys last week but still go more to do and I like to have all the windows clean before I put the Xmas lights in them. I strip all the sofa and wash it and also like the house to be spotless before I put up the tree and decs and I definitely like all the old stuff to be put away before Santa brings all the new toys!! My husband thinks I'm crazy

I've sorted the living room out, ie cleared the junk from the drawers lol. Will do the toys in the next few weeks, won't be much as I cleared out before ds1s birthday.

I will do a deep clean before I put the tree up, I normally re gloss but it's looking fine so will just clean them down. In the next few days I'm slowly clearing out stuff we don't use, selling the kids clothes that no longer fit etc. I've cleaned the windows upstairs just need to do downstairs :coffee:

Yes. I've mostly finished the living room ready for the decs to go up in there. DH is doing the bathroom tomorrow when he is home. I feel I got behind on everything because DS4 just has a phase of separation anxiety so was difficult to do jobs in rooms I didn't want to bring him into (like the bathroom where I can imagine him chucking stuff down the loo) Much easier when theres another person (even another child) in the house to play with him.

Yes. I've mostly finished the living room ready for the decs to go up in there. DH is doing the bathroom tomorrow when he is home. I feel I got behind on everything because DS4 just has a phase of separation anxiety so was difficult to do jobs in rooms I didn't want to bring him into (like the bathroom where I can imagine him chucking stuff down the loo) Much easier when theres another person (even another child) in the house to play with him.

I feel for you lol. My 2 youngest egg each other on so i cant really clean the out of visible range of them or else I'll have more mess to clean up. I have to either wait until one or both are asleep, after bedtime or weekends when eldest is home to tell tales on them lol

I remember my older two being like that. Actually they all can be at times just not that often lol

I do the same every year..
We are putting up our tree and decorations on Saturday so this week I am cleaning and decluttering the living room, moving the play kitchen up to the kids bedroom to make way for the tree and decluttering their bedroom too.

The other main room I need to declutter is our bedroom, even though we don't have decs etc in there I can't start wrapping pressies until I have somewhere I can put them all!

Oh and my oven... The most dreaded task ever!!

Xx

don't even talk to me about the oven! that can be dh job too. might as well make the most of him if he is going to be home lol

I have a theory on oven cleaning... the gloves in the oven pride box a mahooosive..... therefore it MUST be a mans job!! Lol

I've started mine, slowly getting there but my house will be sparkling!

Phew! Living room is nearly done. All carpets shake vacd, sofa pulled out, tv stand pulled out all clean just need to go over the windows :D x

husband says we need to clean all the house next weekend lol

I'm concentrating on my kitchen this week as hubby is away until next Friday so i can make quick easy meals without too much moaning lol. Fridge will be getting defrosted and scrubbed next Monday (shopping day Tuesday lol). I also need to do my oven. Eeeek lol, as well as vwp on all the surfaces, cupboard doors and floor including under the appliances. Its a big job lol. After the kitchen its the bedroom as its a dumping ground and its annoying me. I would ideally love it all done by next Friday but i think that would be a bit ambitious lol

My bedrooms a state ATM you can't walk round the end of the bed because the space between the bed and wall is full of presents in delivery boxes lol

My bedrooms a state ATM you can't walk round the end of the bed because the space between the bed and wall is full of presents in delivery boxes lol

Mine looks like something off one of those hoarder programmes. :blush:

Lol I'm just glad it's not a room anyone else has any reason to go into.

Yes ladies, my bedroom is a frigging tip because I declutter the rest of the house by shoving it in my room :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"