my big clean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes ladies, my bedroom is a frigging tip because I declutter the rest of the house by shoving it in my room :s

Precisely.

Need to get it clear but it just never is! Arghh lol

Dh says stuff will come in handy and put it in the loft. But takes forever to get up there, so it just ends up taking up space in the bedroom

Yep! Last week I deep cleaning the kitchen and bathroom- cleaned oven, wiped on top of cupboards, cleaning microwave, cleaned shower thproughly, wiped all tiles in the bathroom. I also went round with abfeather duster (hadn't done in ages!).

Then today I have moved all the furniture to hoover behind/ under it. Also swept and raked up all the leaves outside and wiped the mould (yep, yuk!) from under pur bay window.

Still to do...clear the moss off the top of the garage roof and the patio, defrost the freezer and clean the fridge (trying to eat everything in the freezer first!), and wipe/dust all the skirting boards!

I like to do a good clean before the decorations go up, as it can be so hard to dust and clean around them!

I have been de cluttering the living room all week, much to hubby's disgust he massive collectionif DVDs is over 100 lighter :blush: been selling some of gabbys toys and bits and binding anything in sight, just the big ironing pile and that room is done ready for decs on Saturday :happydance:

Love the idea og it but if I start now it will be a mess again by next week. I think I will begin soon though as iv so much stuff that is annyoying me.
just tried to get in my bed and tripped over a bag of xmas clothes, hair straightners and a plug wish I was a tidy person :(

I am in! My house needs a big declutter! I try to follow fly lady as I like to be told what to do :haha: I can think of several things off the top of my head that needs doing but the main ones are

- declutter the 3 shelves in the alcove in the living room honestly they're piled high with all sorts - DVDs, paperwork, nappies, perfume etc.
- clean oven. I've no excuse really I bought oven pride ages ago!
- get under the kitchen cupboards and clear anything that's rolled under them
- get OH to sort garage and defrost chest freezer!
- sort garden, put away all the little bits that go flying round in the windy weather. Make sure trampoline is secure and doesn't go for a trip over the fence
- go through Thomas' toys and donate or give to family what he's grown out of (and chuck anything that's seen better days). No point in me selling I keep saying I will and it never happens. This also applies to his clothes that he's grown out of
- Sort middle bedroom. I'm scared of that room. It holds boxes and boxes of things, some of it I've not looked in since we moved in 2 years ago. I also put all the Christmas presents in there and right now I just open the door and pop stuff in before running away :haha:

I have lots of smaller jobs to do but they are my main ones :)

Tomorrow I want to
- clean both bathrooms including steam cleaning the upstairs shower
- clean kitchen as normal, hoover and steam mop, wipe down tiles etc.
- hoover and steam mop living room. Make a start on those shelves!!
- Also pull coffee table out as the christmas tree will be going where it is now. We'll be using the table as somewhere to put Thomas' advent calendar (he's getting a WOW toys one and I don't think I can hang it up)

I think that's enough to be getting on with as I still have my daily stuff like walking the dogs (we have 2 and I walk them seperately. Takes forever as Thomas comes out with me too, sometimes in his chair, sometimes walking/carried).

I have been trying to do little bits over the past week since my morning sickness let up a little, but little bits just aren't helping! I need to-
Sort kitchen drawers and cupboard
Properly bleach the life out of my floor
Go through the toys while children aren't present
Ditto for books
Clean the outside of my windows
Clean fishtank (TODAY)
Bath dog (TODAY)
Dust staircase
Clean and mop bathroom
Go through our dressing room- put lovely skinny jeans I can't button AWAY somewhere

So pleased I am not the only one that has a bedroom that looks like an episode of hoarders ! Especially from September onwards (when I usually start Xmas shopping)

Yesterday I decluttered most of the living room and dusted.
I forgot jobs take 100 times longer with a 16 month old trying to touch everything!

Today's jobs -

Declutter the rest of the living room
Find somewhere for hubbys rubbish to go (excess cables, wires and other random bits he will never need!!)
Put washing away and another load on.
Wash up.
Hoover downstairs
Rid the house of excess cardboard and coat hangers!
Go into town and pick up a couple of parcels.

I also have three school runs to do and a gym session.. coffee will be my friend today!!

Xx

You have inspired me to start mine ladies! Not an easy task with a 2 year old following me undoing all my good work and a 3month old who's all congested so likes to be held upright :dohh:
Iv started a list with the most important jobs at the top. DH thinks I'm mad but it stops me getting halfway through one job and getting distracted by another. I also like to tick them off as I go...sense of satisfaction right there :blush:

Oh yeah, I love a good list! Sometimes I even write down things I've pretty much finished, just so I can cross it off :blush:

I'm feeling poorly today and thelumber is round with the carpets up and furniture here there and everywhere so hiding at my in laws avoiding housework today!

Weve just got a new kitchen and bathroom but we need to paint still :(! Also my hall needs wallpapering but dunno if that will be completed in time. Other than that its just the kids rooms to sort toys out and we'll be set.

Yes mine get done ready for the tree going up tbh though I don't really know why I bother my 3 year old just has it upside down again in no time, It just wouldn't feel like Christmas without a good clean though lol x

I'm joining all of you guys because I need to sort my house out too! Started decluttering my bedroom yesterday and I'll hopefully finish today. I'll be working on the living room while DD is in bed because she has got all her toys out :(

Ive cleaned/tidyied the living room... not i just need to undo it all to find somewhere to put the tree... lol

YES!! I do a big clean every few months but my house always seems cluttered!! I stripped the kids room last week and i still have all the stuff in the hallway ready to take to charity! I hate piles of stuff everywhere. Cant do our room till all the xmas pressies are out of there but id like to have all the rest done by xmas, starting with the living room this week because im hosting a kids xmas party on the 5th!! EEK!

This is me! My kids and I have lovely clear bedrooms... But my hallway looks like it's hosting a jumble sale! Will be doing a few trips to the charity shop tomorrow!

Oh yeah, I love a good list! Sometimes I even write down things I've pretty much finished, just so I can cross it off :blush:

I'm feeling poorly today and thelumber is round with the carpets up and furniture here there and everywhere so hiding at my in laws avoiding housework today!

Despite saying I would avoid housework, I've still ended up hooveringvthe entire house again cos of the mess the plumber made! Oh well!

Ashamed to say i have ticked nothing off my big list today. Still weekend nearly here and 3 childless hours tomorrow to do the weekly shop and hopefully make a dent. On the plus side my kitchen hasn't deteriorated any.

I have ds3 home from school ill today so he has been playing/watching tv under a blanket with ds4 and I got cracking with stuff. Been on the go all morning and feel I've accomplished nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"