my big clean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to enjoy my afternoon today and not do anything too strenuous. Of course later in the week I've got to do a damned good sweep of the house and move stuff around ready for our tree going up. But we're out all Saturday so it shouldn't get too cluttered in the time in between.

I've come to the conclusion that hubby is the cause of most of the mess. He came home this weekend and i have a stack of washing, washing up and a bathroom which is trashed! Darn it! Lol

Wow, I always thought I was really on top of all my cleaning.. But this thread has inspired me!

Now if you could all just bottle up a little bit of your energy and motivation and send it my way, that'd be great! Haha

Oh yeah hubbies are definitely to blame!

Today I have defrosted the fridge freezer and cleaned it thoroughly! It was disgusting I have to admit :blush: But, I use my wallpaper steamer and it took hardly any time at all :)

We're hosting a christmas open house on sunday afternoon, so thinking I'll get hubby to take the kids to the park in the morning so I can do a really good clean and tidy up then!

Have you seen that meme on Facebook that says your husband will always be your biggest child, requiring the most supervision

So so true!
Hubby is on late shift this week so I go to bed, the living room is spotless, as is the kitchen then I wake up in the morning to find his dirty work clothes on the living room floor, dirty plate and glass still on the sofa and crumbs on the kitchen sides and he wonders why I'm always in a bad mood :growlmad:

Today I had a really good sort through the toy boxes, I have a bag of toys to go upstairs and a bag to go into the bin as well as a bag to take to the charity shop.
I have a stack of washing up to do and a load of washing to put out.

Tomorrow's plan -

Put another load of washing on and dried
Get all the washing put away
Hoover living room
Sort through art boxes
Give all sides/table a wipe down
Finish putting Xmas decs up
Wash up etc

weds

Clear stuff from the landing
usual daily housework

Thurs

Spend a couple of hours sorting our bedroom

Friday

finishing Xmas shopping
Finishing sorting our bedroom

Saturday

start wrapping

This week is so so busy with appointments, school shows, gym sessions etc as well as keeping on top of housework and sorting things

xx

I always think my place is tidy, then i turn round and the kids/OH have trashed a room :( Kids room is usually spotless as they only go in there to drag the toys into the living room! :grr: Our room is as tidy as it can get whilst storing all the xmas pressies/food ect but the living room is still faar too cluttered for my liking, trouble is OH has 10000s of games/consoles/dvds/blu rays which he wants on show :grr: :grr:

Oh i know. The kids undo it as quickly as i can do it. I'm managing to keep relatively on top. My kitchen us still OK although the floor needs scrubbing again. Bathroom again needs doing but that can wait until after the kids are bathed tonight. Earl was sick this morning so been concentrating on cleaning that. More washing!

I'm getting there though. Hubby even commented about how nice it was looking so must be OK as he never notices anything like that lol.

Cleaned all the nooks and crannys of the kitchen (which were gross)

Taking LO to nursery in a minute, when I get back I will...

quickly tidy and hoover living room (again)
Clean surfaces of kitchen
Get started on my bedroom

Then I will have left to do...
clear clutter from on top of fridge
clean out drawers
organise cupboards
get rid of old toys/clothes
clean under and behind sofa

If I can get at least some of it done, I can make a gingerbread house with LO on the weekend without being a stress ball

My two youngest 1 and 2 years old follow me around like little ants, i am tidying and cleaning and they are trashing the place behind me. Everyday i hoover, polish and clean every room in this big old house and every night i sit down in a bomb site and wonder why do i bother!!! But it may be messy but at least i know it is clean. Then i wake in the morning to ground hog day and it starts all over again.

And dont even start me on the christmas decorations, as fast as i am putting the baubles back on the tree they are taking them off again:wacko:

My two youngest 1 and 2 years old follow me around like little ants, i am tidying and cleaning and they are trashing the place behind me. Everyday i hoover, polish and clean every room in this big old house and every night i sit down in a bomb site and wonder why do i bother!!! But it may be messy but at least i know it is clean. Then i wake in the morning to ground hog day and it starts all over again.

And dont even start me on the christmas decorations, as fast as i am putting the baubles back on the tree they are taking them off again:wacko:

Mine are that age too and that's a great description lol.

In good news, i finally pulled my finger out and put all my baby crap on fb sales and made £50!! Still got a smallish box full to shift but might just stick that in the charity shop with the other 2 boxes i have here!

In good news, i finally pulled my finger out and put all my baby crap on fb sales and made £50!! Still got a smallish box full to shift but might just stick that in the charity shop with the other 2 boxes i have here!

That's brilliant!! I love using fb for that. So much easier than eBay lol

That's brilliant!! I love using fb for that. So much easier than eBay lol

Yeah its so much easier, you do get some idiots that dont bother to turn up though, i had 3 failed pick ups on different things on the same day!! lol

Boys room almost sorted and more of the kitchen done. Bathrooms done. Our room is done apart from presents. Front room and dining room are kind of done but the day to day living messes will obviously need redoing again and again lol

Done my bathroom (again lol) and kitchen. My microwave blew up on Monday so have put it in the car ready to take to the tip this afternoon and my kitchen seems acres bigger lol

Also done my downstairs windows inside and out ready for the lights going up and i am just about to shuffle the living room around ready for the tree. Just the DVD shelves to do tonight and i think i am there. :)

I always seem in the middle of a big clean :haha: My downstairs is sparkling ready for wrapping tonight so I'm happy. Sold a bunch of baby toys and play gym on fb and made £70 last week so that covers the elc diner kitchen (Managed to get it for £60) and kettle and toaster set so I'm dying to get it put up but it'll be nearer Christmas! Least theres space for it now though :)

I thought it was this weekend, I remembered you asking when everyone was putting theirs up.
Bet you'll really feel like Christmas is coming then

Yep. I feel like the last person in the world to put it up! Lol but the anticipation makes it really special. Just got to get through tomorrow...... 6 hours + in the car. Eurgh lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"