My Christmas Journal

motherofboys

Reaction score
I did one of these last year and enjoyed it, and ended up with a few people that I was regularly talking to which was really nice. So I figured I would go for it again.
Little bit about me, I'm a 31 year old, married, mum of 4 boys from Kent, England.
This year we have decided to have Christmas at home, just the 6 of us.

So far I'm only about a third of the way through each of the boys, have ordered half my BIL's and that's it in the way of family, and DH and I are not sure whether we will be getting each other anything at all. It will all depend on whether or not he gets a bonus from work.
I don't have very many ideas for anyone other than what I've already bought or ordered, but I'll keep my lists in here. Items with a * next to them have already been bought/ordered. A ? means I'm not sure about it. I also have my mum's birthday to buy for. DH birthday is December as is our anniversary but we are doing things for both rather than buying gifts.

Christmas Eve Box
Matching Elf PJ's for all 6 of us*
Selection Box x 4*
Kong Skull Island DVD - DS1*
Hotel Tycoon Board Game - DS2*
Lego Dimensions Gollum - DS3*
Lego Dimensions E.T. - DS4*

Sharing Present
Goal*
Carry Bag for Goal*

DS1 - 11
T-shirt ("I went outside once, the graphics weren't that good")*
Man U Keepers Shirt*
Sports Actions Camera*
Fifa 18*
COD WW2*
Dr Proctors Fart Powder Book*
Comfy Desk Chair*
Sketch Pad*
Socks*
Pants*
Football Socks*

STOCKING
Phone Case*
Toothbrush*
Chocolate* - Toblerone, Walnut Whip, Chocolate Snowman Lolly
Charging Bank for phone*
Avengers Shower Gel*
PlayStation Plus*
Ps4 memory expansion

DS2 - 10
Man U Shirt and Shorts*
You Wait Till I'm Older Than You Book*
Rio Autobiography*
Class of '92 Book*
WWE 2K18 *
Assassin's Creed DVD*
Socks*
Pants*
Comfy Desk Chair*
Football Socks*
Ruffles sweets*
Football Boots*
Assassins Creed Game*

STOCKING
Toothbrush*
X-Box Live*
Avengers Shower Gel*
Football Themed Earphones*
Football Training Gloves*
Xbox 1 memory expansion

DS3 - 7
Batman Lego Movie DVD*
Knights Costume*
Shield and Swords Set*
Batman Tracksuit*
Pogba Shirt*
Lego Dimensions Wicked Witch of the West*
Search and Find Book*
Go Kart*
Pogo Stick*
The Ugly Five Book*
Socks*
Bed Tent*
Pants*
Lego dimensions small character pack*
Lego dimensions big character pack*
Football Figure x2*
Pirates of the Carribean DVD*
Pirates of the Carribean toys*
Playdoh set*

STOCKING
Magno-Z Hair-ee Spring*
Magnetic Putty*
Toothbrush*
Zomling Blind Bag*
Avengers Shower Gel*

DS4 - 4
Imaginext Power Rangers Baddies Figures*
PJ Masks Playset*
Orchard Toys Word Matching Puzzle*
Peace at Last Book*
Lego Red Hulk Playset*
Superman Lego Dimensions*
Minions 3 DVD*
Socks*
Pants*
3x PJ's*
Playdoh*
Can't You Sleep Little Bear? Book*
Ghostbusters DVD*
Ghostbusters Playmobil*
Lego dimensions small character pack*
Lego dimensions big character pack*

STOCKING
Toothbrush*
Zomling Bling Bag*
Playmobil Blind Bag*
Magno-Z Hair-ee Spring*
Avengers Shower Gel*

Mum and her husband
Personalised Dog Tree Ornament (Her dog passed away at 18 years old last month)*
Grandchildren Plaque*
Box of Biscuits*

Mum - Birthday
Photo Album*
Photo's to fill it*

MIL
Grandchildren Plaque*

BIL
T-shirt*
Beer and Glass*

SIL
Snowman Hot Chocolate Set*
Wine, Choc's and Warm Socks Set*

Grandad
Mince Pies*
Mini Christmas Cake Slices*
Box of Biscuits*
Peppermint Creams*

Friend 1
Shakespeare DVD Collection*
Chocolate Digestives Post Box Tin*
2x Selection Boxes for her daughters*

Friend 2
Dr Strange DVD*
The Boat That RocKed DVD*
2x Selection Boxes for her sons*

Secret Santa
Bath bombs*
Face mask*
Cucumber Eye Pads*
Candle*
Comforter for Baby*
Foot Pack*
Jaffa Cakes for daughter*
Hand Care Set*
Basket and accessories to make hamper*
Sweets*

Football Dad
Box of Biscuits*

Cat
Fancy cat meat*
Treats*

Dog
Big bone*
Elephant toy*
Rope toy*
Doggy Christmas Pudding*

DH
Wallet*
Zoolander 2 DVD*
David Beckham Blue*
Jeans*
T-shirt*
Starwars Hand Warmers*
Jack Daniels Glasses*
Elf Funko Pop*

Merry xmas Mob's :) Our shopping start this Thursday, dreading it! Hope you are all well xxxx

Merry Christmas - I love this idea I may also start a Christmas journal :)

Twag - I can't take credit for it, I stole the idea from someone last year haha

6lilpigs - OMG it's so good to 'see' you. Hope you and all the kids are doing well.

It's so hard to buy for them, but I figured anything to do with the kids and something they can simply hang up and look at would do the job really.

So according to my calculations, if I get DS1 the PlayStation Plus (I can't remember if he needs it to play online with the ps4 or not. The ps3 doesn't need it but he nagged me something chronic last January until I paid for it for him so I really don't know) it'll put me over budget for him. I also still need to get him little bits and pieces for his stocking. It looks like he has nothing as well if you just go by items on that list. I have explained to him that price wise what he is asking for and what the others are asking for, they could end up with 5 presents to 1 of his. I just hate how expensive and small things are as he's getting older.

Merry Christmas! Following :)
Great lists so far! Love the idea of a journal x

So according to my calculations, if I get DS1 the PlayStation Plus (I can't remember if he needs it to play online with the ps4 or not. The ps3 doesn't need it but he nagged me something chronic last January until I paid for it for him so I really don't know) it'll put me over budget for him. I also still need to get him little bits and pieces for his stocking. It looks like he has nothing as well if you just go by items on that list. I have explained to him that price wise what he is asking for and what the others are asking for, they could end up with 5 presents to 1 of his. I just hate how expensive and small things are as he's getting older.

I’m dreading this! I know it’s not all about pile size but I feel like over the next couple of years niko’s pile is going to be so much bigger than Rio’s because Rio has started asking for games consoles etc already!

He's got like half what the little two have and they've still got 1/3 - 1/2 their budgets left. I also realised ds2 only had clothes and books. He actually came up with something he wanted when I asked after school though. Usually he just says I don't know, or surprises. So I quickly ordered the game he mentioned, but now have exhausted the bank account for the rest of the month. Still have the cash I saved for sticking fillers though so can squeeze in a shopping trip at some point

I dread the day the present lists get more expensive and not as child like :-(

I'm glad that DS3 has stuck to toys much longer than the oldest two. They are so much more exciting to buy.

Omg I've just found out playmobil do a Ghostbusters range! I've messaged my mum and hoping she will get some of it as to get the full set (there's about 6 or 7 sets) would be close to £200 but I want it sooooo much.

Got a few little stocking fillers while out today so will edit lists when I'm on the laptop later

All up to date for now, eek. I'm tempted to just get it all finished on the card then pay the lot off next month, but I don't know if that's a really bad idea haha

If I trusted myself to actually pay it off completely come December then I would do it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->