My Christmas Journal

I get paranoid when ordering personalised items too!

I get paranoid when ordering personalised items too!

It's not like you can send it back either, is it?

I got the pants, thank you Primark!
I just need to pay for the oldest two's X-Box Live/PS+ access, plus pick up some mince pies and Christmas cakes for my Grandad's little food parcel and that's me done present wise! I tried to buy the food items today but the dates only went to mid December, so not much use. Waiting to get those 4 things is going to drive me insane but I'm nervous about buying the codes too soon in case they don't work.
I also decided against a top for DS4, he rarely wears anything other than pre-school clothes or PJ's and he has plenty of clothes for those occasions that he has to wear something else. A top would barely get any wear. So I decided on new PJ's for his 'something to wear', then couldn't choose which pair in Primark and convinced myself that he doesn't have many pairs, at least not matching as lots of his clothes have been passed down from his brothers, so I bought all three pairs. Paw Patrol, The Snowman, and The Grinch :dohh::haha: Still, the others all had football shirts, which for one shirt it was twice what those three sets of PJ's cost me.
I'll update my list again now.:blush:

I'm glad you managed to find the pants in Primark :)

The pjs sound great!

I've got my asda slot for the morning of the 23rd, but I'll most likely pick up everything that'll keep before hand. then I just placed my morrisons order for the 23rd afternoon collection, so if there is something asda don't have that we really want DH can grab it when he goes out to collect it.

I'm getting impatient for the rest of my deliveries now. Also November seems to have slowed down. Maybe because I'm waiting. Plus our fridge freezer has broken. ATM I'm using the tiny old fridge that DH never got round to taking to the dump or whatever you do with fridges now. But I need a new one. I'm going to do it really weirdly though. I'm going to pay off what I spent on the card on presents, so it goes in my favour that there was a payment, then order it on the card :haha: My Grandad usually gives me money for Christmas so I'll probably use that to pay a bit of it off so I have a smaller debt, and DH is talking about using whatever bonus he gets from work to pay some more of it. I can't decide if I want to pay it towards that and call it a Christmas present to ourselves, or is I want to be able to buy him actual presents. To be sensible or to indulge the Santa within me?

I hope your deliveries arrive soon and hope you can get a new fridge freezer. These things always seem to break at the worst time!

I can manage with the little one for now, but with all the extra food for Christmas I'll need more room. A turkey will take up almost the whole fridge :haha:

I told ds4 that next weekend we can put the tree up, and DH said "if there's only a week we might as well get it out now." I think he was joking. There is still a huge sort out/clean to do before hand. I'm tempted to start wrapping but usually I only do it when the tree is up. I guess I should just get a move on with tidying everything ready.

I like to get everything tidied up before it too. Thats cute your DS is excited for the tree to be up! :xmas16:

Hi, I've hardly been on the last few days. Between having a super busy weekend (three lots of football and three parties over two days!) and being unwell, plus trying to finished writing a book I've not had a great deal of time. But draft 1 is done so I'm stepping back for a bit. I think I might check the dates in store tomorrow for the last food bits I want for my Grandad, then I can tick those off. The last of my Christmas deliveries arrived.
I'm so glad it's almost December and we can finally get the tree up this weekend.

Sounds like you've been so busy lately and that's great you're writing a book!
I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Thank you. I also uploaded all the Christmas songs on to the ipod so now we are listening to those too

We now have Magic Xmas station on in the car :haha:

Well, I'm done! I bought the last bits today and, other than a few deliveries I'm still waiting for, I only have to think about food now. Decs are going up this weekend, man even try to convince dh to get them out tomorrow so I can start while he's at work Friday... I also cleaned inside the kitchen cupboards and made cleared off 2 shelves for Christmas snackage. Next week I'll be able to start wrapping as I'll be surrounded by the decorations.

I can't wait to get it all out and start wrapping. I only have 2 weeks until ds4 breaks up and there are events on some of those days and he only does half days as it is. I like to have it all done before the kids break up. I'll leave the big things until Christmas eve though

Holly breaks up from school in two weeks too. It's come round really quickly. Good luck with getting everything wrapped :xmas10:

The others don't finish until the 20th!! But DS4 will want to know where I am and burst in on me wrapping if I try to do it with him here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->