My Christmas Journal

Everyone seemed really ready to start December this morning. I don't know if it was the fact they'd get chocolate before school or just that they can feel Christmas in the air, but I didn't have to wake them several times. As soon as they realised it was December they were up.
DS4 keeps asking for more chocolate. He doesn't want a little bit every day, he wants a lot on one day :haha:
DH said we can do the tree tomorrow, but I'm kind of hoping he'll feel up to getting it all down from the loft tonight. We've all got colds so I'm not sure if he will.
I'm so excited for this month, in amongst all the Christmas things, and DH birthday on the 4th, we also have our first SENCO appointment for DS3 so I actually feel like we might finally get somewhere for him, and it's our anniversary on the 19th. On the 15th SIL is coming and is going to look after ALL FOUR kids, OVER NIGHT! We are going to a hotel a few towns away. Only a cheap one but we getting a dinner out, in peace, together and then a full nights sleep and no 6am start! We will have been married 12 years, together 14, and we have never been away anywhere together. We didn't even have a honeymoon as I was about to burst with DS1 :haha: No one has ever had the kids more than 2-3 hours and never over night. Usually we go for lunch when they are all at school, it's going to be so nice to just talk without being interrupted or having to break up a fight :haha:

I hope that you can put your tree up today.

Hopefully the Senco appointment goes well :)

That's great you and your DH are going away to celebrate your anniversary. I hope you have a great time!

Well we ended up putting the tree up today rather than yesterday. I say tree, we got three of the four trees up :haha: We have our big, main tree in the hall at the bottom of the stairs (which conjures up images of grand sweeping stair cases and massive entrance halls. I can only dream! But its there because it's behind the baby gate that goes from the bottom of the stairs across the front door to protect it and the presents from the dog.) Then we have our smaller tree from the old house in the living room on a little table. Plus the boys have little 3 foot trees in their rooms. The little two have done their tree, the big two have the tree and a box of decs in their room but chose to watch football instead!!! What have I raised?! The majority of the decorations went up too. We just need to put up the garland with lines the edge of the living room, we have lights wound in to it and at each dip is a bow and at each rise is a ribbon with baubles on. I'll try to get pictures once we have done it tomorrow.
I'm excited to get wrapping. I'll have to sort DH birthday stuff tomorrow so that it's ready for Monday and then if my appointment finishes early enough on Monday I can start on Christmas wrapping before DS4 finishes preschool.

Also, I'm very aware that I ramble and often worry that it's annoying or puts people off reading, so thanks for sticking with me.

Wow four trees! That sounds great! The garland sounds beautiful <3

I can't wait to get started on the wrapping either although I don't quite know where to start!

I love reading your journal :)

Aw I'm glad you do.
I've given myself so many jobs to do over this coming week so will have to squeeze in some wrapping as and when I can. I do love it though, really gets me excited.

I hope you manage to get everything done! :)

Here's our tree BTW. It won't let me attach it to the comment as it's too large and photobucket no longer lets me post the picture here. I have to link it instead.

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/20171202_193700_zpsbvfjsil9.jpg

Your Christmas tree looks great. I love the decorations! :xmas9:

Thank you. We just have the same mix and match ornaments every year.
Today we put up the garland, and I did some more pre-Christmas jobs.
I also successfully negotiated the loft for the first time. DH was out on a school run and a friend was saying that her son needs a Christmas jumper for the end of the week but school also want so much else and all at short notice that she is stressing about money. Anyway I've got loads in all different sizes as I save all the boys clothes for the next one (unless worn out or ruined in some way) so braved the loft in order to hunt out the 9-10 year old clothes and Christmas jumper. I need to post it to her tomorrow so I think I will try to squeeze in wrapping her present tonight as well and send it with the jumper.
I'm currently in that limbo where there seems to be too much to do before Christmas but Christmas seems too far away for my excitement level :haha:

That's great that you have done some more pre Christmas jobs :)

I'm almost ready! I have bought all the presents, and am just waiting for one more delivery. I only have one present to post now. I have wrapped about three quarters of them. I've also bought or ordered almost all the food. There's a few bits that the dates won't stretch quite far enough yet.

Accidentally ordered some more dimensions character packs. Literally was a finger slip moment. Went to press to add it to my list and the page jumped and I clicked the one click buy. I could have cancelled it but I've been trying to resist for so long and was going to add it to the wish list my mum buys off but I think she's done anyway. So I decided instead to just buy even more to even it out. Now I just need to decide who I'm giving which set to. My grandad always gives me money for them so I'll just say it's from him.
Also bought ds4 a new coat. He really needs one and keeps complaining about the one he's currently got. He wants a hulk one which I can't seem to find so I've ordered a green one and a sew on hulk patch :haha:

I did it again! Well, it wasn't so much me, but the kids and me feeling bad. DS3 decided to write his list. Previously he had only mentioned the Lego Dimensions characters, then suddenly, 2 weeks before the big day he has a huge list he wants to post. And not one thing on that list was something I had bought. So, I bought about 5 things off his list so that he at least had something he had asked for. I couldn't let him have none of them! Then, last night DS2 decided he wanted to write a list!! He didn't actually know what he wanted though, so I sort of pushed him in the direction of the things I had already bought :haha: There was one thing that he did come up with on his own. New football boots. His old ones are getting too small so he does really need them and I found some decent ones in the sale in sports direct for £20 online last night so ordered those. I'll need to update my lists again now.
I have even more food and have sent all my Christmas cards except for two that I forgot and have to deliver by hand as I don't know the post codes.
DS2 was talking to DH about Santa and said a lot of kids at school don't believe, so DH asked what he thinks and he said "well.... I want to believe...." so I think that means he doesn't really but he's holding on.

Sounds like you are really organised for Christmas. You've done great!

Aww that's sad he doesn't really believe any more. I was the same as a child. I wanted to believe so I told myself that I did. It didn't make anything about Christmas any less magical though :)

I suppose at 10 he really should be starting to doubt. DS1 stopped believing at 8. But it's still sad. I think DS3 won't believe for much longer either tbh. Back in the summer he said he didn't, then decided that actually I would have to go shopping at midnight on Christmas Eve and that wouldn't be possible so he did believe after all. One of the things on his list was football action figures and I didn't think they existed so I said to him that they don't make those and he got a sly grin on his face and said "I know" so I think he might be testing to see whether the elves really can make anything.

We have now had lunch with my Mum and exchanged presents so they are all under the tree. Thursday we will see MIL for a little pre-Christmas tea party and exchange gifts again.
I can't believe that it is almost here! Kid's finish school tomorrow and I can't wait.

It is in a way, it means they are growing up and not babies any more. DS1 is really good at playing along though, and he gets to be the one to eat Santa's mince pie so all is not lost. Especially when they have younger siblings, they just get to be on the other side of the magic. I think it will be worse when DS4 stops believing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->