My Christmas Journal

That is what I do :blush: I have a wish list on the websites I want to buy from and I end up having to buy it all at once as things start going out of stock and it drives me mad when I have tried so hard to get the right things :dohh:

I gave in and decided to just get it done. As soon as the money hits my bank I'm going to pay the card, rather than waiting for a statement so I'm not tempted to spend it on anything else.
I got selection boxes today, and advent calendars and SIL and my Secret Santa gifts.
I also sat with my lists last night and organised them in to 'stocking', 'Christmas eve box', and 'santa'. I was actually surprised that in the end (although I'll be ever so slightly over budget for him) ds1 will have a similar number to the others.
Off to update my lists again.

It must be a nice feeling having it all done now! :)

I'm just waiting for my Mum to confirm whether or not she's bought any Ghost Busters Playmobil because DS4 is majorly under budget. Usually I would say being under budget was a bonus but it's by so much that I feel mean. Plus I really want that for me.... I mean him... :haha: and I still have a few things to get in store, like the X-Box Live. But other than that it's all done. now I can concentrate on food and my mum's birthday. I also have so many ideas for DH so hoping we can buy for each other once it's all done.

All up to date for now, eek. I'm tempted to just get it all finished on the card then pay the lot off next month, but I don't know if that's a really bad idea haha

I've done that today too. I jist wanted to know I had their Santa gifts and was worried they'd go out of stock. I've already pre set the payment back to the card for when I get paid.

All up to date for now, eek. I'm tempted to just get it all finished on the card then pay the lot off next month, but I don't know if that's a really bad idea haha

I've done that today too. I jist wanted to know I had their Santa gifts and was worried they'd go out of stock. I've already pre set the payment back to the card for when I get paid.

Oo that's a good idea! No worrying about remembering to do it then.

I worked it out that I have 24 parcels still to come! :haha: It's usually much more spread out but after not feeling Christmassy for weeks I just went mad and did 99% of it within about 2 weeks. I'm regretting it now to be honest. I hope no one comes up with something that they HAVE to have, although my mum is still waiting for some more ideas, and I'll just pull out the old "the elves only make so many of each toy, so sometimes they have run out by the time he gets to your house, so then he gives you a surprise instead" and try to talk them out of it :haha:

Lots of deliveries today! Going to see if I can get out on my own one day this weekend and grab the last bits. Having so much trouble finding pants for ds3. He has a sensory processing disorder, so he has to wear pants (and shoes) that are a size or two too big, and won't wear boxers shorts at all. Anyway all the shops I've been in don't have pants above size 6-7 and he need at least 8-9. I don't want to buy on line as I need to feel the material and check the seams and the label for itchiness. I need to go to Primark but it's so far that I can't just nip there and back.

I hope that you manage to find some suitable ones :)

Do you have to wait in for all your deliveries or do you have a safe place?

Waited in all day today for a parcel then had to rush out before school finished to collect another.

Sadly although my neighbours will take in parcels (we don't really talk much) I don't trust them with the deliveries I get this time of year! Think I'm done with online now though :)

I'm usually home all day anyway, but my neighbours will take parcels, and if they try to deliver round the back then they can safely be left in the garden as it's a 6 foot fence, no one woukd see them unless they actually came in to the garden.

We have a porch so we usually leave a note for deliveries to be left in there but some companies won't so they'll usually leave it with a neighbour.

One of the deliveries today came round the back while I was upstairs and had forgotten to close the back door. Came down to find the dog fussing round the last delivery driver doing his "look how cute I am" bit. He's definitely not a guard dog :haha:

These arrived yesterday (hope the link works) I'm pleased with them as I was worried ordering them online. I'm never sure of the quality.

Edited: apparently they don't allow third party hosting anymore on photo bucket, so I'll try this instead

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/20171117_151603_zpssvlrbf95.jpg

Off shopping once the boys are back from football. Also my asda pjs and Christmas tops are out for delivery this afternoon. Hoping to get it all finished today then I can concentrate on other prep.

Even though I checked the spelling several times I still had a moment after ordering where I worried I had spelt it all wrong ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->