My Christmas spirit is missing! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinklizzy

Mummy to two little bears
Reaction score
:cry:
I usually love this time of the year but at the moment I just can't get excited or motivated to do anything.
I'm still on maternity leave which means money is really tight but this is probably the last time I'll ever have the whole month of December off work and it's Tristan's first Christmas and I really wanted to make the most of it.
We're going to Birmingham to the Christmas market and to finish off the shopping next week which I'm looking forward to but I feel like I need to somehow get more 'into' the whole festive season before then. It all just seems like such a massive effort.
Maybe I just need to hang out in the grotto a bit more and it'll rub off on me!

Im like this at the moment to. Ive wrapped presents and finished shopping. I think its because I get married friday and am concentrating on that hopefully once I put my tree up it will help! X x

I feel a bit like that this year too. I think it's just because I know part of Christmas Day I will be on my own when Rio has to go to his dads. It's my first Christmas in 6 years without his dad so itll be strange.
I'm trying to be excited for Rio's sake but I am dreading Christmas Day secretly. It's a shame really because it should be such a magical happy time x

I know that feeling. It's December now and I'm struggling to get into the swing of it. Hopefully once I've got this stressful week (a couple of important exams to take) over things will pick up. I've still got a lot of buying to do and to make things worse I can't put up my tree until next weekend as well.

I'm sorry you guys are feeling the same :(
Zebbed-How exciting that you're getting married and you sound pretty organised too! :D
Kirsty-big :hugs: :hugs:
Kay-baby-hope your exams all go well hun

I'm sure a trip to the Birmingham Christmas market will work wonders.... I'm from Australia but I've been on holiday to the uk, and the Birmingham German christmas market really got me in the mood for Christmas when we went..... So wish I could go again!

Snap. I thought getting my tree up finally would help. But nope. I keep meaning to wrap (which I love) and going up to the present cupboard, looking in, hissing, and closing the door again. I just cannot get motivated at all. I can't even think of a single thing that I want for my present off DH! It's so depressing, I'm usually Mrs Christmas herself. My mother thinks its because I'm pregnant, but this is the 3rd time I've been pregnant at christmas and I haven't felt this... flat.. before

I feel the same :hugs:

I'm not sure if it's because I've just had a baby but I totally feel like I'm going through the motions right now. I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be. Hopefully on the day itself I will be able relax and enjoy it. My DD is 2 this year and starting to enjoy Christmas more, I really want to be able to enjoy it with her!

Thanks for the hugs :)
I'll survive im sure.
I live just outside birmingham so I'm hoping to go to the Christmas market too soon, it's so festive (but so busy!) x

Snap. I thought getting my tree up finally would help. But nope. I keep meaning to wrap (which I love) and going up to the present cupboard, looking in, hissing, and closing the door again. I just cannot get motivated at all. I can't even think of a single thing that I want for my present off DH! It's so depressing, I'm usually Mrs Christmas herself. My mother thinks its because I'm pregnant, but this is the 3rd time I've been pregnant at christmas and I haven't felt this... flat.. before

I feel the same hun, first tri hasn't been kind to me either - I've been really sick so I'm not even looking forward to all the food! DD2's 3rd birthday and party to get through first, fingers crossed we all find out Christmas cheer soon cx

Christmas cannot begin here until next week as until then hubby is away and we have no money. I'm literally counting the sleeps as i am so bored right now. Thing is hubby is a bit of a Scrooge and i know him coming home, tree going up etc, will be an anti climax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"