My first CLOMID cycle... I want buddies!

Hi Ladies! TTC #1 with the 2nd round of 100mg of clomid for me. Only have to take it for 2 more days - can't wait until the hot flashes stop! I did O last month as confirmed by my temps. I feel a bit better this month after having one month behind us, but still don't have to get my hopes up too high. Probably start with the OPKs around cd 9 or 10. I feel like October can't come soon enough!

FX for everyone! :)

My AF started last night so I'm good to go with clomid this cycle!!! :happydance:

I have a question though - AF started at 11pm last night, and I'm meant to take clomid CD2-6.. Should I take it tonight?

Ophelia - no other monitoring this cycle, just waiting for AF so we can try again next month!

MrsPensFan - Welcome!! I hear you on the hot flashes. They have been crazy for me, too!

whigfield - My understanding is the first day you soak a pad is CD1, so I would think today is the day if you started heavy last night!

Update on me - It seems that my body temps are already starting to plummet. I am only 8dpo right now... I thought I was a day ahead of that but I just counted wrong. I am going to check my temps throughout the day to see what they do. Overall, Clomid has helped eliminate a lot of the post-O symptoms I used to get, like sore boobs, morning cramping, and things like that. Of course instead I get hot flashes and round ligament pain when I stand up quickly. But I'll take that over breast pain!

Ophelia - no other monitoring this cycle, just waiting for AF so we can try again next month!

MrsPensFan - Welcome!! I hear you on the hot flashes. They have been crazy for me, too!

whigfield - My understanding is the first day you soak a pad is CD1, so I would think today is the day if you started heavy last night!

Update on me - It seems that my body temps are already starting to plummet. I am only 8dpo right now... I thought I was a day ahead of that but I just counted wrong. I am going to check my temps throughout the day to see what they do. Overall, Clomid has helped eliminate a lot of the post-O symptoms I used to get, like sore boobs, morning cramping, and things like that. Of course instead I get hot flashes and round ligament pain when I stand up quickly. But I'll take that over breast pain!

DR. Google just told me that a dip in temp can happen about a week after ovulation due to implantation - So there's another thread of hope to hang on to! See what happens with it tomorrow. It might just go back up! That's why I can't temp. It would drive me nuts. So FX for you that it goes back up tomorrow!

Update on me: 1 DPO!!! We BD Saturday and again yesterday. So 3-4 days before and day of/after?? I had some crazy cramps yesterday so I'm hoping that was indeed ovulation and that we BD in time. 4 days before is kinda iffy, don't you think? So I'm hoping day of catches. Stupid man cold knocked us out during the fertile window pretty much! Boo!

Welcome ladies! If I don't get a :BFP: this month I'll be starting Clomid again when AF shows!

Thanks Solus! I will definitely take it tonight I think! So excited! :wohoo:

This is my first time trying, first time with Clomid, and first IUI. I am on CD 4 now, day two of the clomid, and so far no side effects. Day 14 cant come soon enough so that we can do the IUI and be in the TWW. I am sure that's going to be torture though! My wife and I have two kids already, but they are my step kids. We wanted a third and possibly fourth and I will be carrying both. We are using the same donor as she used so they will be biologically related. Good luck everyone! I cant wait!

Update on me: 1 DPO!!! We BD Saturday and again yesterday. So 3-4 days before and day of/after?? I had some crazy cramps yesterday so I'm hoping that was indeed ovulation and that we BD in time. 4 days before is kinda iffy, don't you think? So I'm hoping day of catches. Stupid man cold knocked us out during the fertile window pretty much! Boo!

Welcome ladies! If I don't get a :BFP: this month I'll be starting Clomid again when AF shows!

That is so crazy - I ovulated on a Wednesday last time, BD'd last on Sunday and the day of ovulation. So 3 days before, and the day of lol - so right now I am in the same boat as you, just wondering if that will do the trick. I guess we will see. I noticed my temps were 0.1 lower yesterday, and today they are another 0.1 degree lower again from that. So I was temping at about 99.1, now I am at 98.9. So I dunno. I really think I'm out. But we'll see, I guess! My body never plummets this early on so maybe it is a Clomid side effect for me.

Oh Solus! I hope everything works out! I know temping uses a lot of variables so I just don't know what to tell you. Just hope for the best and plan for the worst. Are they gonna up you to 150 on Clomid next time around?

Good luck Ashley! Hope this 1st round of clomid/iui works for you!

Temp is back up to 99.1 today. I'm not convinced though. Besides that, I am dealing with some super stressful work problems and friend problems and I am terrified that might make things mess up in the off chance that I am pregnant! I hate stress... and the TWW... LOL!

Can I join?

I'm on my first clomid cycle, 50mg day 3-7. Today is CD13 and it would be so awesome to finally ovulate!

Little background: long cycle after BCP had to end with prometrium. Blood work suggests lean PCOS. Dr had me start clomid as soon as I got AF. First ultrasound yesterday (CD12) and I had one 10 mm folicle on the right and a few smaller on the left. Dr said he was encouraged and expects I will ovulate around CD 16. He's not doing another ultrasound but will check progesterone levels at CD 20. I'm also temping and doing OPKs at home.

I'm excited to finally be having a real cycle, but I really hope those follicles grow in the next few days!

We are trying to BD every night from CD10 until I O... is that overkill? I just don't want to miss it if I acually do O!

I'm also quite confused about CM. Mine has been watery lately, but it's never really been stretchy. I'm trying to drink lots of water and taking 3tsp of robitussin every morning (and a daily prenatal).

Any advice or support is welcome! Good luck everyone!!

How much robitussin did you take? It does taste awful... I'm taking 3 tsp every morning since CD10, but haven't noticed much difference so far. I don't think I will O until at least CD16 though.

Welcome, Kepper! Of course you can join, all are welcome.

I have heard BDing everyday is okay, but every other day should be just fine, too. As long as there is no problem with your hubby's sperm, you shouldn't have to worry. We use the every other day method, just because we get tired with every day BDing lol.

I am not sure on the Robitussin, as I don't use that. Someone else here might be able to comment on that. I personally used Preseed for the first time this cycle to help with cervical fluid. My period is due on Wednesday, so we will see if it worked or not. :) Fingers crossed for everyone to get sticky beans!

Well I did something dumb tonight and tested with an FRER. NEGATORY. I am not sure why I did that, lol.

My fingers are still crossed, even though I know it doesn't look too hopeful. I won't test again unless I get to 14dpo with high temps... because I never have that long of a cycle.

I'm not going to give you any grief for POAS. 10 DPO is early though so I would def do another one in a few days.. FX!! It has to be your month!

I am definitely thinking I need to not temp next cycle, at least past when I have determined I have ovulated. I got pretty steady 99.3 temps all day today, and it is driving me bats. I also have had a poor appetite today, which is odd for me. Maybe I am just getting sick. Maybe it is a Clomid side effect. Or maybe I am just batty. lol!!

I am getting a lot of AF-type cramps though, so I am 99% sure she is on her way.

I am definitely thinking I need to not temp next cycle, at least past when I have determined I have ovulated. I got pretty steady 99.3 temps all day today, and it is driving me bats. I also have had a poor appetite today, which is odd for me. Maybe I am just getting sick. Maybe it is a Clomid side effect. Or maybe I am just batty. lol!!

I am getting a lot of AF-type cramps though, so I am 99% sure she is on her way.

I took my temp the other morning and it was 98.49. The last month I temped it was 97ish; so Idk if that means anything. I just find temping so frustrating.

Do you temp throughout the day? I thought ony 1st thing in the morning counted? Like I said, I'm no expert on temping.

PMS symptoms and prego symptoms are often the same. I wouldn't throw in the towel until AF shows up. Keep us updated!!

Update on me - 5 dpo today. Nothign feels different with my body except for the fact I've been super lazy. That's odd because I always go go go! Still taking 2 fertility blend a day. This time last month AF showed up 6 dpo so I'm just glad she's staying away. I plan on testing 10/1 if no AF. That's 13 dpo and this is our 13 month BC free. I'm just hoping 13 is our lucky #. :winkwink:

Good luck, Ophelia! Fingers crossed for you!

I am officially out. I know my body well and I do temp all throughout the day, I keep track of what my temp is at varying times of the day. Early morning, afternoon, and evening. My temps bottomed today which for me means AF is on her way, and I also got some diarrhea which means I am out, too. Better luck next time for me, I hope!

Awe man! I thought this was it for you!! Do you get 150 of clomid next month?

I thought so, too! No, since they made the big mistake with the 100 mg the first time, they don't want to send me up to 150 so soon. So 100 mg again for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->