Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

It's way too small hun :( It has a 27 inch waist and altho it has a laceup back, that'll only give me an extra inch ... there's no chance of me getting to a 28 inch waist, I'm just not built like that :haha: The last time my waist was that small, I looked really thin and because I'm 5ft 7, it just didnt look right on me at all :( It would also mean that most of the physical elements that Jay fell in love with would be gone (he loves my ample bum and hips :haha:) So we decided it would be better for me to get a bigger size so that I'd be more comfortable (no ugly backfat hanging out the back of the dress!) and that I wouldnt have to starve myself to get down to a teeny waist!

I do love the dress tho so I'm pretty gutted that there's no chance of my getting into it :( At a push and if I really had to, I could put a bigger modesty panel on it, but not sure that it would look right at the back :shrug:

Had a status update, but it's nothing I didnt know already lol! It gave me a phone number to ring and a bloke's name, because the package has been "misdeclared" :dohh: so I rang it this morning and ended up speaking the same man I spoke to on Friday... he said the same thing as he did then too, but I did double check that the value of the parcel had been sorted out.. he said it really is just a matter of time now and they're just waiting for Customs to clear and release the parcel now :shrug: I'm not expecting it to come this week tho, I reckon next week at the earliest.

:grr: this is crazy that you've been waiting so long for your dress.

Is the company that shipped it going to do anything about it? Its bloody ridiculous, if nothing else you should be reimbursed for the expedited shipping you paid for.

I've had another update today.. an email from the shipping company in Hong Kong saying that the freight company in Heathrow Airport have said that the parcel was "under declared" and it needs to be verified... I've done that twice now, and double checked this morning when I spoke to the freight company again!
So, what I've done now is sent an email to the same man to tell him everything all over again, along with all the shipping numbers etc. I've even broken the value down for them... ie, told them the cost of the dress, the cost of the fast track order and the cost of the shipping and given them the total (just in case they're too stupid to add it all up :haha:) and I've also sent them a copy of my invoice from the dress company. I dont see what more I can do now :shrug:
There may be a possibility that it's waiting for charges to be paid at the moment, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow or this week sometime.

As for reimbursement.. the dress company have said they'll give me some compensation for the trouble that's been caused but I'm not holding my breath to be honest. I doubt I'll get anything from them.

I know!! That's what I've been wondering LOL! :haha:

It's just so ridiculous! If the dress company had filled in all the appropriate forms correctly and not undervalued the dress, then none of this would be happening!! :grr:

Been up to the venue today to pay some more of our total off :thumbup: Only another £420 to go :happydance: Asked alot of questions, got alot of answers so I'm a happy bunny today :)

:wohoo: Glad you are a happy bunny!

FYI - I *finally* got a delivery notice in the mail... I'm HOPING that its my veil that I ordered friggin 3 months ago!!! :haha:

If it is, then that's GOT to mean that karma is on the return and your dress will be here soon! :hugs:

oh thats good news mynx!!! Our last appointment is next monday x

Aww Tiff I really hope your veil comes thru soon! 3 months is like waiting forever! I ordered my dress 6 weeks ago so I guess considering it was made, the time frame isnt that bad.. just a pain in the butt that it's been stuck in Customs for almost 3 weeks lol!
Ah well, I'm trying not to stress about it, I'm hopeful that it'll be here before the wedding (FX'd :haha:) but if it's not here by the middle of August, that's when I'll start to panic!

HB, it's such a relief to get all the big financial bits out of the way isnt it! I did some working out last night and we have pretty much everything covered financially now, there's just £50 that we have to find between now and the wedding, which we can sort out no problem :thumbup: We have the money already put aside for the registrar too so that's another financial worry crossed off :D
We've also bought the best man his hip flask gift (cant remember if I'd mentioned that already :dohh:)
Nothing weddingy today apart from going thru my "To Do" list and seeing what's been done and still needs doing, and then a good session of Zumba tonight with Nikkinoonoo :D

When we spoke to the venue yesterday, we were told that they'll be hopefully getting the room decorated and tables set out the evening before the wedding, so long as there are no functions going on at the same time :haha: So I'll be able to go up there with the place cards and other decorations that we have and add those to the tables :thumbup: So that's a load off my mind! We'll be able to take all our stuff up to the hotel too as Jay's parents etc are all staying the night before so we can drop off our overnight stuff and leave it with them till the wedding night :)

I have a feeling the final week is going to be absolute chaos! :haha:

Just popped my head in for a little update, was hoping to hear you had your dress!! Damn Customs, you woudld probably be quicker going there and collecting it yourself lol!

Good news about the venue though, I was hoping ours would set everything out the night before so I could give it the 'once over' and know its all ok. I am worried I am going to wake up on the day with my head full of favours and place cards lol!!

Enjoy Zumba, I still cant get to grips with it! I am like a dancing elephant lol!

x

:rofl: I'm not being mean Leash, just the dancing elephant image I now have in my head is hilarious lol

Glad all your finances are coming together now - can't believe it's under 2 months away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->