Myomectomy? Any one had one to remove a fibroid?

Teddybearpug - I think its more to do with my age and the fact that we are already planning on IVF. If I was younger, they would have taken care of the other problems too but I think those would have required more healing time and I'm coming up on my 40th birthday in about 4 months. :wacko:

How are you feeling these days since your surgery? I follow your journal some so I understand you have a lot going on these days and pray everything is moving in the right direction for you and your hubby. :flower:

Hello Ladies,

It is such a relief to read all the stories that have been posted on this thread. I am a newcomer to the fibroid world. I have been deteced with a submucosal fibroid and my doc advised me to go for the surgery to increase my chances of getting pregrnant but I am bit confused about it as my husband and I have never tried to get pregant till now so we dont even know what our chances of concieving. Do you guys feel we should wait for a while and TTC to see if we get pregnant and of not then go for the surgery? I really dont hv any other complication and this fibroid (9 cm) has really done nothing bad till now so I am a little scekptical to go for the surgery without TTC. any suggestiongs?

Hello Ladies,

It is such a relief to read all the stories that have been posted on this thread. I am a newcomer to the fibroid world. I have been deteced with a submucosal fibroid and my doc advised me to go for the surgery to increase my chances of getting pregrnant but I am bit confused about it as my husband and I have never tried to get pregant till now so we dont even know what our chances of concieving. Do you guys feel we should wait for a while and TTC to see if we get pregnant and of not then go for the surgery? I really dont hv any other complication and this fibroid (9 cm) has really done nothing bad till now so I am a little scekptical to go for the surgery without TTC. any suggestiongs?

Where is it located? 9cm seems like a pretty good size. The problem will be with implantation. The embryo will have a hard time implanting if the fibroid is taking up too much space. And there is also the risk that if you do get pregnant, you will have a miscarriage because there isn't adequate room for the baby to grow.

I think its something you really have to discuss with your doctor. There are alot of stories of women who get pregnant with fibroids and go on to have healthy pregnancies. I think it all comes down to location.

Mine was only 1.2cm but it was in the top of the uterus where implantation is likely to occur. I did multiple IUI's and 1 round of IVF before having it removed in April. Now I just did another round of IVF and got a BFP! Did removing the fibroid help? No idea. But because of the surgery - I found out I also have endometriosis, which I never would have known.

If you've got lots of time to try and see what happens - I say go for it! Good luck!!

Thanks a lot Hockey,

Its actually close to the cavity lining but not inside the cavity and hasnt created any issues in terms of heavy bleeding or heavy pain during mensuration so therefore I am giving surgery a second thought. I have another discussion scheduled with my doc next week just to get calrity on implications on the pregnancy if i dont get the surgery now. In case the location would lead to misacrraige i would definately get the surgery done now. But do think fibroids close to cavity lining but outside the cavity can lead to miscarriage? I am so anxious at this point in time :(

IF its not inside - then I would think that is much better. But I'm certainly no expert! Its the fibroids that are in the uterus wall that are the problems. I'd have to think that is a much better scenario.

You certainly do not want to undergo a serious surgery if you don't have to. The recovery time is quite long and you have to wait several months before you can TTC.

yeah, thats what is my thinking.. And I ust turned 30 so I think I have sometime to TCC.. I hope the doc provides more calrity to my confusion :(

New to this..found 40+.. Looking for info. Support ttc now 4 months.hope i'm posting in right place lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->