Myomectomy? Any one had one to remove a fibroid?

Hi buttonsbabe,

I was just logging on to see if you had written. Great news! I am so glad it went well. When can you begin ttc? I had my f/u with my surgeon today. She said we can ttc in 2 months...yeah!

Teddybear any updates? Did you meet with your doctor yet?

Hi buttonsbabe,

I was just logging on to see if you had written. Great news! I am so glad it went well. When can you begin ttc? I had my f/u with my surgeon today. She said we can ttc in 2 months...yeah!

Teddybear any updates? Did you meet with your doctor yet?

I have my consultation this Friday!! only 2 more days! I'm so ready to get these things out! Last night i had a very sharp, stabbing pain in the location of the smaller fibroid...it was so bad it woke me up from sleeping and only lasted a few seconds.

No idea when I can ttc as my hosp were useless as i didn't get any feedback whatsoever after the surgery and was just told to keep consultation appointment in november! :-O but the nurse did say I could start having sex as soon as the bleeding and discharge stops. So I assume then! The whole thing was a shambles really as the surgeons and nurses were saying i should be having a follow up with the gynea consultant soon and not until november, but the gynea person insisted on november as she refuses to see me until i've lost 4.5 stone! so i have a long wait to find what happened! :'(

hi ladies,
well done buttonsbabe it sounds like the surgery went really well. i am really surprised the hospital is saying to come back in November??? that seems like so far in the future!!!! ???

Teddy, how did the consultation go?

Buttons-is there any way you can insist on being seen sooner? don't they need to check up and make sure it is all healing properly?

AFM-my surgery is scheduled for March 12 but i think i will be about to ovulate or close to ovulation. He said he would prefer to do it the first week of the cycle because the lining is the thickest. What do you think i should do? he books up fast and it is hard to predict my cycles because my LP seems to always change :dohh:

hi ladies,
well done buttonsbabe it sounds like the surgery went really well. i am really surprised the hospital is saying to come back in November??? that seems like so far in the future!!!! ???

Teddy, how did the consultation go?

I can't really insist on being seen sooner as they refuse to see me until i've lost 4.5stone, the nurse was appalled and actually argued with my consultant to be seen sooner. But she is refusing saying she will see me in november or sooner if i've lost the 4.5 stone and then just gave me a list of signs to look out for and contact them if i get them (ie not good signs) It's ridiculous how i'm being treated! but if i've got to get my bmi down then thats what i'll have to do!

just a quick question for those of you that have already had your hyteroscopy, how soon after did you have :sex: ?

As explained i don't have a follow up anytime soon and the nurse said to wait until i stopped bleeding which i have. But partner and I are nervous as i only had it done on monday and still in uncomfortable pain with it sometimes(just stomach cramps) but just a bit worried that yes i have stopped bleeding but may not be completely healed inside. Both gagging to do it, but both scared it's going to hurt me, if not during or even after he's released his babydust lol (sorry if tmi)

Hey ladies, i just wanted to ask you at what part of your cycle did you have your surgery? My dr wanted the first or second week of my cycle, but i'm fixing to start in a day or so. That would put my surgery at around 2dpo. I'm going to prevent this next cycle but i'm wondering if that time is ok or if the dr is going to give me something to fatten my lining? What were you experiences? Thanks :hugs:

Hi there,

My doctor didn't seem to care at what point I was in my cycle for the surgery. It happened to fall right around ovulation time and I got a light period 2 weeks after the surgery on schedule. He did have me take estrogen for 4 weeks after surgery to thicken the lining. Good luck!

Hi All,

haven't been around much - life! I have had two procedures on my uterus to remove one fibroid, originally thought to be only 3cm, was in fact closer to 6 cm. .. Most of it is out now, awaiting a final scan to see how things looks - at this point, we are NTNP, as there was so little in the cavity, my lining may just heal over it...How is everyone else doing?

Hey Rashaa - good to hear from you! Sounds like a successful procedure. I bet your glad you had it removed considering how much larger it was than you expected. :flower:

I have a 1.2mm fibroid and debating whether to have it removed or not. The recovery is just so long!

When do you think you will get the all clear to start trying again? :thumbup:

Hopefully will get all clear soon for next month. I completely understand your confusion. Have you sen it on scan, where is it?

Hi everyone,

Just checking in and hoping everyone is doing well. I do have a question for those who have gone through their myomectomy. I had mine on 1/18th and then had a very light 4 day period pretty much on time. I have a short cycle of 26/27days but usually more like 25 days. This month I started my pre-af spotting as usual and now nothing. I am 3 days late and that NEVER happens. We did have one slip up this month and did not use protection but I think the timing was off anyway. I did take a pregnancy test this morning which was negative so I don't think that is it. Has anyone had a delayed period after myomectomy?? Thanks!

Mine have been pretty regular, and if anything a day or so early sometimes...but never delayed. Sometimes stress knocks thing off....

hi ladies,
hope everyone is well. I am popping in to check on everyone's updates and to give you mine.

I am glad to hear that some of your procedures are either over or on the way. GL teddy with yours in March.

Well our situation has turned into something more complex..my fibroid isn't the issue for us (in fact) 4 different FS have now said that the location and size will not affect my fertility at all. instead we have bigger issues. My DH has been found to have very low sperm count and we will need ICSI. i was very shocked and upset but it does explain the whole year of BFN's.

we have a follow up FS this Wednesday to confirm DH's second SA and then its off to the IVF path for us.....

Hopefully will get all clear soon for next month. I completely understand your confusion. Have you sen it on scan, where is it?

I've seen it. Unfortunately it looks like it right smack in the middle of the uterus! We've decided to give IVF a go first and if it fails, then may reconsider the surgery. Surely if they put a couple embryos in there - they won't both go for the spot where the fibroid is right?? :shrug:

That's true. I knowsomedocswontevendo ivf if there is any obstruction. So if they know it's there, and still proceed,they must notbeoverlyconcerned. It sounds small too. I don't know if being anterior or posterior make any difference in implantationaf. Ours was anterior facing into my body....

Good luck with the ivf though! Fx'ed for ya!

Hi everyone,

Just checking in and hoping everyone is doing well. I do have a question for those who have gone through their myomectomy. I had mine on 1/18th and then had a very light 4 day period pretty much on time. I have a short cycle of 26/27days but usually more like 25 days. This month I started my pre-af spotting as usual and now nothing. I am 3 days late and that NEVER happens. We did have one slip up this month and did not use protection but I think the timing was off anyway. I did take a pregnancy test this morning which was negative so I don't think that is it. Has anyone had a delayed period after myomectomy?? Thanks!

Hi Gettinginfo,

Sorry I can't help with your issue but I actually logged on to ask about my period too. This is my first period since I had my hysteroscopy and it started pretty much on time however i have now been bleeding for 14days, nowhere near as heavy as before i had the op but still pretty heavy. I was just wondering if other people found that their first one after the op was a bit up the creek or do I need to go back and speak to the doctor as to why i am bleeding for so long. As it is showing no signs of letting up?!

Hope you're all ok xxx

Hi everyone,

Hi Gettinginfo,

Sorry I can't help with your issue but I actually logged on to ask about my period too. This is my first period since I had my hysteroscopy and it started pretty much on time however i have now been bleeding for 14days, nowhere near as heavy as before i had the op but still pretty heavy. I was just wondering if other people found that their first one after the op was a bit up the creek or do I need to go back and speak to the doctor as to why i am bleeding for so long. As it is showing no signs of letting up?!

Hope you're all ok xxx

Hi buttonsbabe,

Thanks for responding. Hmm..you seem to be having the opposite problem. I think it would be worthwhile to ask your doctor just to make sure it is ok. I still have no sign of af and I am on CD35. I had to take a month of estrogen after my surgery to rebuild the lining. DId you do that? My doctor said that the estrogen can throw off your cycle. Let me know what happens with you. Good luck!

Hi Gettinginfo,

It did eventually stop on Day 16, so will see if the next one is the same, if it is then I will get it checked out but it may have just been up the creek because of scarring tissue etc from surgery.

No I didn't have to take or stop taking estrogen for the lining, all I was given was some injections which i had to use for three days just to stop the risk of blood clots and that's all I was told to do!

Hope yours arrives soon,

Nicola xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back