Nappies

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Our LO is due in about 8 weeks (as I'm being induced early) and people keep telling me I should stock up on nappies, and buy some each week I go to tesco.

But how many of each size should I buy?? I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice.....

So far we have 2 packs of size 1 (24 in each pack) and 2 packs of size 2 (24 in one pack, 40 in another). I kinda think that maybe we could get one more pack of size 2.....I don't want to buy too many size 1's incase LO is big!!

What would you all suggest? And what other toiletries etc would you recommend stocking up on?

Thanks xxx

I used 10 packs of 28 size 1 nappies and i used them all. My baby was 7lb 2.5oz. Dunno if this helps. It all depends on the size of your baby really

xx

i bought size 2 nappies 6-13lbs and now at 5 weeks hes still in them so id suggest buyin that size and lots of them tescos own brand r very good

i used about 10-12 packs of newborn but didnt use size 2 for long . jack was also 7lb2.5oz

we had about 4packs of size two's in a think, i remember working mine out on the idea you would use 8 nappies a day. i think i had a two week supply in. i would get a varity, but i would also suggest not stocking up to much until you no the size of your LO. maddi was 9lb 3 and half so a big baby and we got what we needed in for the first two weeks, after that my OH and mum stocked up for me as i was unable to get out due to c-section :)

i majorly over brought tolierties but they certainly haven't gone to waste. i really highly recommend the avent products - the magic cream, body and hair wash and the liquid talc. we also use johnsons bath products and i would recommend:
- shampoo
- bath wash/top to toe wash (really useful when bathing alone :lol:
- Bed time bath wash
- Bed time bath lotion
I would also recommend a nappy cream, like sudocreme and we also use bapanthen which is fab and johnsons is also great.
i would also recommend pampers wipes - imo the best.
also i have found the supermarkets to be excellent, my mum gets in for maddi all asda's nappies - little angels and the little angels bath stuff and cream, really good and half the price.
we brought one of these: from mothercare, an excellent starter pack!
https://www.mothercare.com/Johnson-...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44538031&mcb=core
https://www.mothercare.com/Avent-Mo...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core
also, have found useful baby oil and cotton buds
:hug: x x x x x x

I would say plenty of cotton wool, it's recommended to use just cotton wool and plain water to clean your baby for the first few weeks (although of course most people don't and just use wipes etc.) I would say get the big pleat of cotton wool as I find the balls are too small and I'm not a fan of tesco cotton wool, I think it's too fluffy and loose. And nice soft tissues or toilet roll to dry the wee bum afterwards!

I started with pampers nappies no problems, then got Tesco because they're a lot cheaper and still no problems. I've had Sainsbury's and Asda once each no problems either.

I would say plenty of cotton wool, it's recommended to use just cotton wool and plain water to clean your baby for the first few weeks (although of course most people don't and just use wipes etc.) I would say get the big pleat of cotton wool as I find the balls are too small and I'm not a fan of tesco cotton wool, I think it's too fluffy and loose. And nice soft tissues or toilet roll to dry the wee bum afterwards!

I started with pampers nappies no problems, then got Tesco because they're a lot cheaper and still no problems. I've had Sainsbury's and Asda once each no problems either.

oh yes! i completely forgot cotton wool :dohh: we got through loads in the first few weeks x x x

I must use about 10 packs of each size as she goes up!

I'll be stocking up on at least 5 size 1 2 & 3s!

Both my daughters grew out of NB and size 1 very fast. I'd say pick up at least 2-4 more packs of size two. Keira is 8 months old and we just switched her to size 3 and they are still pretty big on her. The good thing with the difference between size 1 and 2 is that should you run out of ones before switching to twos that they can be worn and just tighten them a little more and fold the top over if you'd like. I'd say we were going through average a pack of size twos a week from when we put her in them until we moved her up.

Colton was 9llbs14 at birth. He never used newborn, used size 1 for about the first month. Size 2 until about 3-4 months, and has since used size 3.

I only stocked up about on about 4packs of newborn nappies...good job really...my bubs weighed 9lb 7oz...:) I did get loads of cotton wool stocked up though:) x

I brought 3-4 packs of newborn size 1 and used them all, then went to size 2 and she was out of them pretty quick, size 3 lasted her ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->