Nappy Chatter

Jo

I'm an old bag!
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jo

Hee hee he gets paid on fri so
*hi ho hi ho it's off to weenotions i go *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Minxy
I had my latest order through yesterday! I love their lucky dip nappies. I've had two and both have really cute free embroidery on the bum! This time I bought a zebra print pocket and a couple of wraps. We always have problems with leaky wraps, but the Weenotions perform amazingly well! What you going to get?

I posted this here so we didn't take over AGs thread lol

My last order was a lucky dip and is lovely with little ants all over the bum and front, worked out cheaper than if i had asked for it :D
I also got a star wrap and a pea catcher bib, they are great

Dunno what will go for this time, i want another nappy and wrap, will be fine for wraps then i think

Think i will go for another lucky dip :D

I have sent them a question asking what they would recomend for a night nappy as Jack is quite a heavy wetter

I'd always go lucky dip. It seems like a better deal to me. I'm having trouble getting on with poscket nappies though. We've got a couple of theirs and a shed load of FuzziBunz that I bought from Ebay, but they all leak a bit? :?

I much prefer shaped and wraps, now that I've found the ones that don't wick! :)

I haven't tried defined pocket nappies yet
but the weenotions confuse me a little bit as i always get with liner in it and to me that is sorta like a pocket, cos of the gap it has and the other prob i have noticed is that i can't fold the liner/booster to front likei can with Tots bots

Do you get what i mean?

You must try the bibs though When stanley is a bit bigger they are so cute, Ok not cheap at £4 each but...... and they wash brill and i use them as reversable so if Jack is just drinking i use the white terry side and if he is eating something Orange which would stain i use the fleece side

I am seriously thinking about getting him some dungerees from there and am gonna get him a hat i think

LOL this is a Weenotions apreciation thread now :D

TBH, I hadn't even realised they do all that stuff! I'm after bits for Stanley's stocking......
It's great, like shopping for myself! :)

I've just had a really good look at the hats and have decided on a 1 knot one in gren yellow and navy check, only £4.50 whisch i think is good

Thought the dungies for when it is really cold outside
they have some with a snowman on :D

I LOVE dungarees! :D

What other nappies are you using? the only ones I've discounted completely are the Minki Huggles, they were too big to get any clothes over! And we've got rid of our leaky Tots Bots, Junior Joy and Nature Babies wraps.

I didn't think I'd like the Motherease as they're a bit basic, but the performance is brill, and I'm even learning to love my nappy nippa!

I use minkis at night, if they're well boosted they are so absorbent. I have 3 that I use in rotation and we don't have any leaks or hassle with them, they're great. They are bulky, but for at night with a sleepsuit over I don't mind.

We're mostly in pocket nappies now, I use fuzzis and swaddlebees. I do use my medium wee notions still, the elastics have been let right out on the legs and they fit great. I just have to use an extra booster with them for absorbency. Ella does need some more nappies but I'm going to get rid of some of her old ones first of all for funds!!

Kina, you're my exact nappying opposite! :shock: :)

Hello me again popping up and asking questions!
I have been looking at all the millions of cloth nappies avaliable on the net. And Ihave noticed a lot of them like the weenotions say birth to potty. Does this mean they are not suitable for potty training?

They should be Ok Cat as they undo easily, but you can get soem that are like pull up pants

What other nappies are you using? the only ones I've discounted completely are the Minki Huggles, they were too big to get any clothes over! And we've got rid of our leaky Tots Bots, Junior Joy and Nature Babies wraps.

I didn't think I'd like the Motherease as they're a bit basic, but the performance is brill, and I'm even learning to love my nappy nippa!

I use motherease multi for Jack at night as i find you can pad them loads
I have tots bot with and without aplix( though these are getting a bit small)I have some fluffles as well
I have 2 weenotions at the mo and I have a bamboo one from Makes a change

My tots bots seem to have shrunk :?

Think i might get somemore bamboo as they fit nicely in my bag, not too bulky

Ella does need some more nappies but I'm going to get rid of some of her old ones first of all for funds!!

Same here Kina, i think i'm gonna get a swaddlebees
Has anyone used Happy heinys?

Has anyone come across this site before?
Its an interactive site that asks you questions about your requirements and tells you the nappies best suited to your needs.

Im about to give it a go.
https://www.chooseanappy.co.uk/

Apparently the nappies bast suited to my needs are:

Happy Heiny's
Fuzzi Bunz
Bright Bots
Prefolds

Anyone experienced any of these, are they any good?

Kina uses the fuzzis and the bright bots are like Tots bots if i remember rightly

I found the tots bots great to use as it was first nappy i got and is so simple to use

Not the fastest drying but at least they won't shrink if you haven't got a dryer

I was really confused for ages even with all the Info Kina and Beanie gave me

I would say just go for it and buy one nappy and wrap and see how you go :D

Has anyone here got cash back from their councils to help pay for their nappies?

https://www.babykind.co.uk/incentiveschemes.htm

Tells you what councils offer what.

My council is absolute garbage :evil:

My council offers absolutely nothing.

I really like our fuzzis, they're nice and comfy on Ella, plenty of room for growth and you can get them in some quite funky colours. She's got a fab bright pink one and also an aqua one.

I want to get a few size 1 fluffles for Gabe as they're supposed to be really quick drying.

Swaddlebees I'm not to fond of because they really leak when they're too wet which I haven't noticed with any other pockets. I'm continuing with them as I can't afford to replace them at the moment, but today I had it boosted with a hemp booster and 2 microfleece once and she leaked right through her clothes. I do like tots and other shaped nappies with wraps, just at the moment I find it easier drying pockets and boosters seperately.

Kina who is Gabe? :?

OMG r u having a BOY??? :shock: Have I missed a thread? :cry:

Kina said:
I want to get a few size 1 fluffles for Gabe as they're supposed to be really quick drying.

Fluffles are so quick drying. They are pretty much dry as they come out of the machine. They are not as absorbant as the bamboozle but I have not had any leakages at all with them. I personally would get the size 2, they can be folded down to fit a newborn especially if you get the nippa style. I did learn the fold when I did that stint for tots bots but its been a while.

I highly recommend tots bots. They are fab, the rainbow bots are so funky, the bamboozles are very absorbant and slim fitting and the fluffle is great (as said above). Plus they are scottish so are even more ecofriendly as there are less transporting ecocosts then with the American brands.

I would be bankrupt if I lived there :D Especially now they have bought out some new wraps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->