Need a rant!! & HELP please!!

mummyyshearer

Reaction score
well after ovulating late and thinking my period was a week late but treated today as due date for af cause of late ovulation... af has showed up :/

I take 1500mg Royal Jelly everyday & do opks to test for ovulation, im thinking about doing my temp aswell if someone can give me abit more info and help on it....

I am soo gutted every time af shows up but my bf however gets extremely pissed off and angry over it because he is desperate to be a dad... hes convinced theres something wrong with him. I don't know how to cope with him when hes like this other than to leave him alone. He has done a home sperm count and that came back normal but he is stil convinced hes the reason im not pregnant.

As we are both only 21 and only been trying for roughly 5 months I reckon its too soon to go to doctors, but im worried about him :/ if I was to convince him to go to doctors would they do anything or just tell us to keep trying....

I'm sorry hun...I was really hoping you'd get your bfp. Temping is pretty easy and cheap and can tell you so much about your cycle with high accuracy. Just get yourself a bbt thermometer (takes temp to 1/10 or 1/100th of a degree) and then sign up for one of the many free programs out there online/phone. A lot of gals on here use Fertility Friend which is also what I used. You can temp and use opks to track O and log your results into FF. Just be sure to take your temp at the same time every morning after at least 3 hours of sleep. I hope your next cycle has a bfp waiting and please feel free to message me if you have any questions about charting. :thumbup:

thanks, im deffo going to consider starting that. going to order myself some more opks tonight ready for when af disappears

Yes it just really helps with knowing for sure which day you O'd and then knowing what day to test to take away some of the frustration. Some women (myself included) even get a second temp rise after implantation which is called a triphasic chart so you can speculate much earlier in your luteal phase that it could be the month! On the flip side a lot of women get a big dip in their bbt the day before or day of AF so you get tipped off it may not be your month and hold out testing. One thing is for certain is that sustained high temperatures that don't drop after O are a great indicator you caught the egg. It's nice to have the support the program offers as it gets to know your cycle. It reminds you of your most fertile times and even tells you how well you did bd'ing each cycle in timing with your O (if you choose to notate each bd on your chart like I did).

Again so sorry for your disappointment....there are a few gals with late cycles in the forum currently stil getting bfn's and are in the same boat you were up until the witch showed up. Fingers crossed for everyone!

is a bbt thermometer just like a normal thermometer?? I have just a normal thermometer that I have for my wee boy... or is there a difference ??

is a bbt thermometer just like a normal thermometer?? I have just a normal thermometer that I have for my wee boy... or is there a difference ??

There's a difference. Like your regular thermometer would tell you a temp of 98.7 while a BBT thermometer will tell you 98.79. It gives you a reading to the 1/10 degree so it's more precise for tracking when TTC. :)

aaah thanks just noticed tht was the difference lol .. ordered myself one from ebay along with 50 opks lol

I agree you need a special thermometer because o is a difference of .4 degrees

yeah, when I first looked them up they looked the same and I couldn't tell the difference then I realised the whole 00.00 & 00.0 difference :$ lol

am I best starting to temp from cd1 or after my period ?? as I reckon it wont be here til midweek... wed or thurs. il prob come back once it arrives and ask for abit of help getting started hahaa as il have no idea what what means :$

I start testing when my period is over. It can jump around during your af. If you use fertility friend it will give you cross hairs at ovulation. My pre o temps are in the 96s post o is 97s.

ive downloaded the app but looks very confusing... im sure its not hahaa so might need a wee hand learning how to work it etc

ive downloaded the app but looks very confusing... im sure its not hahaa so might need a wee hand learning how to work it etc

It looks confusing at first but as long as you log your temp each day (just click on the day and it will prompt you to enter your bbt) it will all come together. The same goes for the opks and cm..when you click on the day it gives you tabs with each option to track. Take the free tutorial ff offers and it will give you a walk through which is helpful. I found I would explore the program a bit each day and found new tools I was ables to use every week.

well my opks haven't arrived yet which is ok as im stil on af. my thermometer arrived! soo not sure if I should start it tomorrow or wait til after my period?? im sure I asked already....I was playing about with the app last night and I think im getting the hang of it :D

well my opks haven't arrived yet which is ok as im stil on af. my thermometer arrived! soo not sure if I should start it tomorrow or wait til after my period?? im sure I asked already....I was playing about with the app last night and I think im getting the hang of it :D

I started right away which was cd 4 for me. Ideally cd 1 is nice so you have your whole cycle to compare next month but as soon as you can is just fine!

I wait until CD 8 to 10. During your period your temp jumps a lot. Besides that I'm on femara which raises my temps anyway. You need three days before o to confirm an ovulation raise.

Well i started it today and temp is 36.66 ... Period is just almost gone part from the odd bit here n there :) hoping my opks arrive today. I take royal jelly but dnt no if tht affects anything

Also where do you all test? I done under my tounge... But noticed when readin th instructions with th bbt that theres 3 dif places...so dnt no what ones best

I did under my tongue too hun and if you get fairly consistent temps there that she be fine. Some women do vaginally because they breathe through their mouths or get erratic temps orally.

I do under the tongue works for me. I always get a spike

thanks :) ive always took my temp for things under tounge or armpit. I wouldn't know where to start if I was to take it downstairs lool. il see how I get on with under my tounge :) I do it about 10.30am... that a decent time or does it not matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->