Need a WTT buddy January 2014

Hi guys! I'm from Ohio and I am WTT summer 2014. A little later than you all. Anyway, I just wanted to get to know you guys too since we will all be waiting a while to TTC! I am from Ohio and have 2 boys that are the light of my life :). I am an RN in a NICU. I see you are in med surg junemomma09... good luck! We took med surg junior year, so are you close to graduating? I always HATED nursing school! Well, nice meeting you all!

Hi guys! I'm from Ohio and I am WTT summer 2014. A little later than you all. Anyway, I just wanted to get to know you guys too since we will all be waiting a while to TTC! I am from Ohio and have 2 boys that are the light of my life :). I am an RN in a NICU. I see you are in med surg junemomma09... good luck! We took med surg junior year, so are you close to graduating? I always HATED nursing school! Well, nice meeting you all!

Welcome luvmyfam!!! You're more than welcome to join us! I'm working toward my associates degree do my freshman, sophomore year and so on are each semester, since we only have 4 semesters, 16 weeks each. It's an accelerated course so we're constantly testing and it's never ending with the amount of work we have to do. I'm getting tired of school and just want to be done already. I'm planning on starting an online course next fall to work toward my BSN.
That's really awesome you work in the NICU, that's originally what I wanted to do. Now I'm leaning toward ER nursing. I love the high intensity atmosphere. I'd love to work at a trauma hospital.
DH and I currently live in Jacksonville, florida but were considering moving to Seattle, WA, California, or the northeast. I was born and raised in florida and we just don't like it here.
Well anyway to answer your question next week finishes basic med surge and I'm now going on to advanced med surge for another joyous 16 weeks. I'm just hoping to get thru it and be in my last semester quickly!

Sounds like you will be done before you know it! It's awesome that you're getting an idea of what you want to do. I would love to join you guys! Are you planning on keeping this group on this thread or are you going to start a new one?

I think we were trying to come up with a name for our thread and I would just change the title. But we haven't started throwing out any ideas yet. Do you have any suggestions for a thread name?

Welcome luvmyfam!! I'm also a nurse. I work in CCU. How do you like NICU? Our hospital has an opening and I've been tempted to apply, but it's night shift and it says NICU experience required. But I know sometimes they'll overlook that. Plus I know the nurse manager over it and she likes me! :)

Junemomma! I bet your so glad to have your finals out of the way. Enjoy your break. I meant to post a suggestion on the thread name, but guess I forgot. The only thing I could think of is Winter Waiters 2014? It's kinda lame, I'm not very creative. Anyone got anything better?

Also, I thought if you all are on fb, we may could create a private group on there if you're all interested? I know it can be done, but not sure how. I check my fb more often than BnB. Mainly bc it's easier from my phone.

Welcome luvmyfam!! I'm also a nurse. I work in CCU. How do you like NICU? Our hospital has an opening and I've been tempted to apply, but it's night shift and it says NICU experience required. But I know sometimes they'll overlook that. Plus I know the nurse manager over it and she likes me! :)

Junemomma! I bet your so glad to have your finals out of the way. Enjoy your break. I meant to post a suggestion on the thread name, but guess I forgot. The only thing I could think of is Winter Waiters 2014? It's kinda lame, I'm not very creative. Anyone got anything better?

I'm thrilled to be almost done! :) just have to present a group project and finish half our maternity final (long story). I really regret the choice of college for my nursing degree. I wish I had known before because I would've chosen a different school.
That's not a bad name at all Hun!!! Better than what I was thinking haha
I'm on fb more than here as well. We should create a private group! I like that idea!! Anyone know how to create one?

LadyL I love working in the NICU. I mostly take care of babies born 26 weeks gestation and under. I always think its crazy when they say NICU experience required. How are you supposed to get experience unless you get hired! I definitely is hard sometimes and sometimes very rewarding

I'm not very good at coming up with names lol!

Weird! You guys are nurses. I'm a doula! :D I like Winter Waiters but it'll be summer for me!!

Well I'm a nursing student hehe soon-to-be nurse though :)
I actually want a doula for my next pregnancy! I never realized how much support I needed with my other two and it put so much pressure on my DH with our son, that he couldn't really enjoy the experience as much.

Anyone else have any ideas for a name?

we have Winter Waiters 2014 as an option! which is a great name might I add :)

if anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to list them and I can make a poll to vote on one, winner gets changed to that name :)

Angiepie, it will be summer for us too!

IDK about a name!

Maybe....
Hoping and Waiting 2014

January-July 2014 Bump Waiters

IDK! Anyone else!

Those are some good options too! :flower:

Btw, I just found this thread right below this one where someone else basically copied and pasted my original thread. Like the same post exactly! Same exact name to the thread. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone :shock:

I saw that! Why doesn't she just join this one? Haha!

Ok...I just saw the copy cat post. I never opened it before. It really is just copy and pasted! So creepy!

Good suggestions luvmyfam!!
Only other one I can think of is Broody and Babbling till 2014? I dunno about you ladies, but I am super broody! Would have another one right now if I knew that wasn't a crazy idea!! Ha! Doesn't help that a ton of my friends are pregnant. I miss being pregnant, does that sounds nuts??

Oh, and speaking of nuts....that is crazy about the copycat poster Junemomma!! Maybe she meant to reply with quote to your original post and it happened to start a new thread? I don't know how that could happen though? I don't even know how to reply to posts with quotes! Ha! I'm not the most techno-savvy person though.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Yeah it was just really creepy! Like why on earth would you copy and paste an entire new thread with the exact same post. You'd have to go back out of the thread and click on new thread to do that.

I like the name suggestions. I'll make a poll here in this thread and leave it till Saturday maybe and the most votes for that name wins. What do you ladies think?

Ok, so I can't figure out how to make a poll :dohh: so I suppose we can just reply to this as a quote? and then we'll count the tally's......hope its not too confusing!:wacko:

1) Winter Waiters 2014
2) Hoping and Waiting 2014
3) January-July 2014 Bump Waiters
4) Broody and Babbling till 2014

ok so just get to voting ladies!!! :thumbup: hopefully we'll come up with a nice new name we'll all like. I figure its better than the original one I put up....this way the new name will incorporate us all as a group! :hugs:

I love number 4 the most. :D

Plus winter doesn't apply to me for January. It'll be 35 and sunny. :smug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"