Need opinions- about job interview, am sat here crying

thank you, funnily enough I said to dh yesterday I want LO to look back and remember all the time I am luckily able to give her (and I know Im very lucky to be a sahm) rather than making a little money that wont make a huge difference to our life's

It sounds like your mind is made up and you're happy with the decision. I does sound though like your oh could do with some time on his own with her to form a bond since she doesn't like being with just him. Also for your own benefit so we she goes to nursery the separation won't be as hard on you both.

she does love been with him, to be honest she falls asleep with me since I breast fed till 22 months so did bedtime because of that and dh is doing paper work in evening. Im sure if he had time to try she would fall asleep with him. Its just how routine has settled down due to his working and it was agreed if I'm at home I do nights, though he is happy to get her a drink if need be in night, and I do house work and all the home stuff, though he irons own shirts. She adores him and every night when he comes home she runs to door for a hug. If she is upset or ill she naturally wants me as I am the one she is around most though if I am else where she will go to daddy. He has time with her in the evenings when I have a bath and he is fantastic and playing with her. However he finds it hard if trying to do paper work as she wants to help or wants to play. Since he is dealing with stuff important to get correct its distracting. She is happy enough when he looks after her while I tutor or if he has taken her down stairs in the morning at weekend. When it comes to holidays he spends lots of time with her and they do have a good bond. A lot of it is because she is used to me being the one who comforts her at bed time and if she gets hurt. It also makes a difference when he is at home for holidays that she will also go for him for comfort as well. I trust dh 100% and she would be fine with him, the issue was more that he would not be able to get work done and I would barely see him. He gets back 6.30 most nights, I do tea and then after that I have a quick bath, give lo her bath, he will get her dressed for bed, I read to her and am with her till she falls asleep and he will genrally be doing paper work till 11 pm. One day of weekend we spend together and one day he will be doing work. I don't think he would be able to get paper work done looking after lo, if I'm with lo while he works he gets done quicker and they get more quality time. LO couldn't ask for a better dad, they love each other to bits and have a lovely bond, we just have the same issues a lot of people have that with certain jobs you have to bring work home. I recon I will be more bothered than her when she goes to nursery lol, I know from working with children they generally cry for 5 minutes then are fine. Thank you so much for all the comments. I feel better now we made a decision together what is best for us as a family

Sounds like you have already resolved your cash issue with something that works for you. So why change it?

I'd just explain that you have found something else that suits better.

I did so this morning, I just didn't want to possibly get job over someone who really wants it as well. DH did say he thought he would struggle as well so best way resolved for all of us. I think I was worried dh would want me to do it but he has been really supportive and lovely.

I agree I think it'd be hard to do lots of important paperwork and entertain a 2 year old at the same time, children still require a lot of attention at that age. It sounds like you made the right decision for all of you, glad you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->