• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need sipport!! (update pg 51, 14dpo, AF 4 days late)

How frustrating :( I hope you manage to find someone else :hugs:

Thanks hun, they're messing with the wrong chick. I wont lay down and take it. I will find someone, don't you worry hun.

Im not sure if you have one near you since you have to pay out of pocket but their are some places that do the gender ultrasounds and I think its usually $70 but they also do reassurance ultrasounds. Maybe you could try somewhere like that if you can't find an OBGYN to do one right away. Or maybe somewhere like planned parenthood might be able to do one. They sometimes (depending on location and I would call) do them for free.

I actually made a call to a place like that today!!! The regular private scan places won't see me this early or tell me anything but gender. At least not what they were willing to admit to offering over the phone. I did find an "early scan" place which is what I'm thinking you are referring to? I setup an appointment for 2 weeks from now. Its the earliest they would see me. So I am still calling around looking for a new OBGYN.

I still can't believe your regular ob won't do a scan.

Personally I'd be going to ER, saying I was worried I was having complications. :blush: but I'm a terrible fibber.

I hope you find an awesome OB that will trust you! It's the worst when medical professionals brush you off like you have no idea what you're talking about. I've been lucky enough to only experience that once with a medical assistant and my GP's office. I hope I continue to be so lucky, but I know not everyone is. :hugs: I'm glad you have a scan booked, even if it's not as soon as you would like.

drudai, I've seriously considered it. I know I'm devious sometimes too :haha:. I'll talk with hubby and get his thoughts on that. The only issue with that is they will want to do a urine test first.....

lenorajoy, thanks hun, I'm sick of it too. I'm not holding my breath on finding anyone today but I'm definitely going to try.

Often insurance won't reimburse for an early scan unless it is medically warranted because of bleeding, cramping, etc. In my experience, it can take a while to get an appointment with a new OB vs. an OB where you are already an established patient. If it were me, I'd go ahead and get the blood work done and while you are there, keep angling for that early scan. Say you are worried about ectopic or something. Even if they don't bring you back until next week for a scan, that's still sooner than the other place. I'd get the ball rolling. Also, the nurse is probably just following protocol which likely dictates they need to verify the pregnancy with blood work before ordering a scan. It's all dictated by insurance.

Im going to be the debbie downer and call BS. This whole thing doesnt make sense.

10mo ago you had a baby and claim p4 shots from then are effecting now...
Youre not getting BFP on HPT but suddenly showing
You wont get a blood test but insist on an u/s.

In 30 pages you got 1 BFP that could have been a faulty test, touched the OPK or any other number of things.

You will come at me and tell me to get off your thread, im not being supportive. IF you are preg, then great, I hope it works out but i dont believe it and sometimes you need someone to tell you the harsh truth of it.

Youre in NC. You can call any ob in your insurance, tell youre preg and theyll do urine, blood and possible u/s.

Ive been at this a long time... so sometimes people get over excited and put the cart before the horse. Its ok. We all want a BFP. :hugs:

Can they not do an emergency blood test? I had my bloods done at 2pm and had the results by 5.30pm that same day.

P.S. that last test is looking positive!

There's countless stories of women who don't get a positive HCG test for ages. There's even some who can't get a blood test to show positive. It happens. It's rare but it DOES happen.

I read a lot of your responses in different threads and you're always so harsh and brash when you don't need to be. We aren't here to debate, we're here to express our frustrations and joy, not to be made to feel bad about ourselves.

I don't know how USA works but any chance you could go to an accident and emergency department and say you're in severe pain?! They will have to give you a scan to rule out ectopic.

I read a lot of your responses in different threads and you're always so harsh and brash when you don't need to be. We aren't here to debate, we're here to express our frustrations and joy, not to be made to feel bad about ourselves.

me?

I wasnt trying to make her feel bad about herself. If shes preg, as i said, then i hope it all works out.

You are 100% not going to see anything on ultrasound at this point except for thickened uterine lining. Your HCG is low, just starting at this point, my guess is it's under 20. You need it to be >1,000 to see a sac. But getting a blood test would be better, you can confirm your beta and re-test it in 48 hrs to make sure it is doubling...

OnErth&InHvn, first of all I'd like to say that I am going to tell you to get off my thread - I asked for support and what you responded with was the exact opposite.

If you bothered to read the thread in its entirety you would see the reason I brought up progesterone shots was because there are examples of other women who were in almost my exact situation and ended up being pregnant (and yes, with the progesterone shots in their previous pregnancies).

As for the "one positive hpt" you mention, it's actually 3 - but I wouldn't expect you to know that as you clearly haven't read the thread in its entirety. The whole reason they may be not showing up may be because of the progesterone shots that we already talked about - it can cause your body to produce so much of the hormone that it prevents hcg from actually attaching to the test strip in the test. There are women who have had the shots in a previous pregnancy like me who didn't get a single bfp until 9 weeks.

Finally, I know my body, and I know the changes I've been experiencing isn't normal. I have started "showing" - my husband and roommate will both attest to that.

My situation is not normal, yet you're treating it like it is. So with all of that said - I call bs on your bs.

OnErth&InHvn, first of all I'd like to say that I am going to tell you to get off my thread - I asked for support and what you responded with was the exact opposite.

If you bothered to read the thread in its entirety you would see the reason I brought up progesterone shots was because there are examples of other women who were in almost my exact situation and ended up being pregnant (and yes, with the progesterone shots in their previous pregnancies).

As for the "one positive hpt" you mention, it's actually 3 - but I wouldn't expect you to know that as you clearly haven't read the thread in its entirety. The whole reason they may be not showing up may be because of the progesterone shots that we already talked about - it can cause your body to produce so much of the hormone that it prevents hcg from actually attaching to the test strip in the test. There are women who have had the shots in a previous pregnancy like me who didn't get a single bfp until 9 weeks.

Finally, I know my body, and I know the changes I've been experiencing isn't normal. I have started "showing" - my husband and roommate will both attest to that.

My situation is not normal, yet you're treating it like it is. So with all of that said - I call bs on your bs.

I did read through all 30 pages. Every post.

BnB isnt about blowing smoke up your butt. TTC/Preg/Parenting isnt all rainbows and butterflies.

As i said ive been at this a long time. Ive seen all kinds of people come and go. GO GET A BLOOD TEST.

You can say it's not about blowing smoke up people's asses but that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk in every post you make. Take people's emotions & situation into consideration. I know my body better than you do-and I know I'm pregnant. Whether you choose to believe that is on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->