• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need sipport!! (update pg 51, 14dpo, AF 4 days late)

Have you retested today? Is it worth getting bloods done as it only takes a couple of hours for beta results to be ready?

You can say it's not about blowing smoke up people's asses but that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk in every post you make. Take people's emotions & situation into consideration. I know my body better than you do-and I know I'm pregnant. Whether you choose to believe that is on you.

ok well good luck. :flower:

They told me when I called if they did blood tests I would get results by the end of the week. It's only Monday and I really don't want to have to wait that long. I don't know How blood tests work where you live but they have to send them to the lab where I live. Is there another type of blood test that I don't know about? I'm probably going to end up caving and getting a blood test anyway, But I am demanding one because they can still tell you are pregnant. I don't care if they can see anything inside the sac they can still see the sac.

I know when I've had betas done and I've had alot done especially with my losses, it only takes a couple of hours for the results to be back, I have them done at the hospital though,I suppose if they have to get sent off to a lab it would take longer maybe, I don't know?
I've had early scans between 4-5 weeks and only seen a thickening of my lining, 5+ish weeks generally have seen a sac.

OK what I think I'm going to do is ask them how long it will take to get the blood test results back. I will go with the place that can give them back the quickest.

If you're at a fertility clinic, you get results in an hour.

Even if not and the blood has to be sent to a central lab it never took me longer than 24-48 hrs.

Progesterone shots really should have no effect on HCG...

I'm glad it never took you longer but unfortunately that's not how the place I went to works. They always take days to get the blood test results back I've had 2 children with them. I get the feeling that you are consistently applying your own situation to mine. That's a big mistake I'm not you and you are not me.

I had progesterone shots during pregnancy which is far different than progesterone shots for fertility. So please tell me again how ignorant you are to my situation.

OK, maybe where you live is exceptionally slow, I don't know.

But even so, why not get the blood test? If you don't want to wait a week...that is still shorter than the 2 weeks they want you to wait for an ultrasound.

The actual test only takes 40minutes to run on the analyser (I work in a lab). So basically the majority of the time is dependant on how long docs take to send bloods on to lab. The lab should test and have a result available within 2hrs (if you include time it may take to book in the blood, spin it down, run analyser, release results and have them double checked by a member of staff). Usually the results will then be available for doctor to check electronically. Most doctors will say it takes a week to get results back but many test results are available within the day - doctors quite often are just in no hurry to physically check them any sooner. If the test is requested urgently the result is generally phoned directly to the doctor here. There must be a way to hurry things along in the US - those tests definitely had a line today and it needs confirmed properly x

Also the progesterone shots don't affect HCG directly it just prevents it from attaching to the strip so please tell me more again about how much you know.

Hopefully you can find somewhere quicker for your bloods to be done :hugs:

I've never heard about progesterone shots while pregnant so can't offer anything on that sorry x

Every time I've had Betas drawn (with four different OBs now in 3 different states) they've come back the same day (assuming you have them drawn in the morning). I've never heard of it taking 1 week for results.

As for the progesterone shot situation you have been referencing - where are you getting that info from? I looked for medical research that discusses that and found nothing. I *have* read about women getting negative hpts for a very long time when pregnant - but that has more to do with failure for the hcg to be present in the urine or delayed implantation than anything having to do with progesterone. I had progesterone shots during my FET and it absolutely did not prevent me from getting a very clear BFP the day before my beta. Nor did it affect me getting a very clear BFP 9 months after giving birth.

I think there's a chance this is a viable pregnancy, and I hope that it is, but I think with this very slowly rising and low beta, there's also a chance this could be ectopic or even something else entirely. There *are* other reasons hcg could be present in the urine aside from pregnancy. I do think you should get checked out.

Whether or not it's the progesterone affecting the tests, something has, because you weren't getting a positive but now you are. You've got 3 good positives and a swollen tummy, so there's definitely something there!

I know it must be super frustrating to have to wait for the blood results, I would go for it and then hope the week goes super quick. At least you know you're pregnant now which is a great step!

Ok you know what I'm never posting on this website again. You all act like I am lying to you. Are you happy, you won.

:hug: Oh Kiwi. Stupid doctors. My ob won't even bring you in until you're suspected to be 8 weeks. They do blood work, urine, and u/s all at the first appointment. Until that point, hpt is all I would have. And you can't get a positive hpt so it's incredibly frustrating.

But remember, those opk's keep coming back positive right?

And to clarify - the progesterone shots were both before and during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy.

Can you link the info about progesterone/hpt you found?

Even if there was some issue with progesterone shots and hcg attaching to hpts, I can't imagine shots from last pregnancy would affect THIS pregnancy. Seems far fetched. That progesterone is long gone from your system.

Ok you know what I'm never posting on this website again. You all act like I am lying to you. Are you happy, you won.

You're not, you've posted a pic of a positive test - whatever's happening, you are pregnant. It's totally understandable that you're worried and want answers asap.

what P4 were you taking during pregnancy? There are different brands/kinds. Im interested to hear. Maybe it can be a warning to others who use it.

:hug: Oh Kiwi. Stupid doctors. My ob won't even bring you in until you're suspected to be 8 weeks. They do blood work, urine, and u/s all at the first appointment. Until that point, hpt is all I would have. And you can't get a positive hpt so it's incredibly frustrating.

But remember, those opk's keep coming back positive right?

Here in the UK you get nothing until your first ultrasound at 12 weeks, they don't even test you for pregnancy! It's bizarre.

Ok i have a question: You said
My hormone levels were just tested at my OBGYN for a different issue and everything was fine. About a week ago during my weird AF.
posted Jul 1st, 2017, 12:03 pm.

What did the dr test then? If youre 5wks, did they test preg then? What was the result?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->