Needing a little advice please!

Bucket

Mama to TS (& pg with #2)
Reaction score
Hi Girlies.

I hope everyone's enjoying the run up to Yule. At least we've got something to distract us from the 2ww, huh? :)

Anyway, I was hoping a few of you could offer me your opinions on this lil' mystery...

I normally have a fairly regular cycle of 27-33 days (I use lunaception to keep it that way), and - as far as I can tell without charting - I ov 13 or 14 days before AF arrives. My usual cycle consists of AF, followed by a week or so of general grooviness, then OV (accompanied by some cramping but rarely visible EWCM), then two weeks of fire-breathing bitchiness, sore boobs and aching muscles until AF returns.

This month, lots of BD around my usual OV time as normal, but no OV pains at all. Didn't think too much of it, carried on as normal, but noticed that I had absolutely no PMS whatsoever. Nada. No sore boobs, no screaming and throwing things, nothing. Took a ClearBlue HPT at CD26: BFN.

I was woken up by AF-like cramps on CD28, and have been very slightly crampy on and off ever since. Am now CD31, no sign of AF, still no PMS symptoms, but tested this afternoon using First Response HPT and got another BFN. Also worth mentioning that I've had virtually no CM for the last week.

What could be going on here? Is it possible that I ovulated on CD28, when I had those cramps? That means I wouldn't be due AF for another two weeks, making a very long cycle indeed. Or maybe I'm pregnant and it's too early to tell (last BD around normal ov time was CD21), but it seems unlikely when today's HPT says no. Anyone else's thoughts would be much appreciated, because I don't chart and so I'm a bit stumped on this one.

Sorry for length! :) xx

hi, i believe first responce is good...but u do need to wait a little past the 2ww advice bout 4days...as hormoane will b vry weak at 14dpo. Or like u said mayb a long cycle... Some times dependin on which side i ov frm i hav diff pms symptoms, eg boobs + nipples only hurt wen i ov frm left side...starnge!! I also get like ewcm few days b4 af (this varys frm person to person though) i advice u to wait 2more days + test again...good luck, hopefully u get ur bfp this month, it all sounds good...x x

hi, i believe first responce is good...but u do need to wait a little past the 2ww advice bout 4days...as hormoane will b vry weak at 14dpo. Or like u said mayb a long cycle... Some times dependin on which side i ov frm i hav diff pms symptoms, eg boobs + nipples only hurt wen i ov frm left side...starnge!! I also get like ewcm few days b4 af (this varys frm person to person though) i advice u to wait 2more days + test again...good luck, hopefully u get ur bfp this month, it all sounds good...x x

Thanks! :)

I generally seem to have roughly the same PMS symptoms on both sides, although I think I only get OV pains on my left side (it's right side this month). There was a second test in the pack, so I guess I'll do it again with FMU next week sometime if still a no show from AF.

Your body can switch sides even if you normally feel it on the left when you O. Maybe you did indeed ovulate late. Being that you don't chart it's definitely a possiblity. Hope you get things figured out soon! :hugs:

Your body can switch sides even if you normally feel it on the left when you O. Maybe you did indeed ovulate late. Being that you don't chart it's definitely a possiblity. Hope you get things figured out soon! :hugs:

Thank you. :) I do think that the late ov explanation is more likely than being pregnant, because I can't help feeling that by now I'd have more symptoms...

I hope so too. We sort of realised at the last minute what it could be though, so I dragged Hubby upstairs as a bit of an afterthought. :) Thinking I'm probably out for this month, but you just never know, and even if I am out, at least I can have a glass of wine at our Yule dinner! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->