Neighbour complaining me about parking outside my house

missk1989

Reaction score
When we moved a year ago we always parked our car outside our house usually half on the curb. there are a few houses opposite us all with drives but we dont really talk to them. When we got a new car in october we decided not to park on the curb to avoid damaging the suspension and a few weeks later got a knok on the door from our neighbour. She asked if we could park somewhere other than opposite their drive (outside my own house) as it meant they couldnt get onto their drive. I said nothing and just agreed and then looked outside to see that the reason they couldnt get on their drive was because they were trying to reverse it on. If they drove it on forward and then reversed it off it would be easy!
To keep the peace I started parking a bit further down, not great for me but the least inconvenient option. Today however someone had parked opposite where i usually park so i parked outside my house and the neighbour came and posted a letter suggesting i park my car on the carpark round the corner so she can get onto her drive. With a one year old and often a number of bags and crap to juggle this is alot more inconvenient than her just driving forward onto her bloody drive. Im sick of trying to accomodate her but really dont fancy the arguement. I looked accross the street before and by some miracle she managed to get her car onto the drive despite the position of my own.
Am i being unreasonable? Would you just park round the corner instead?

Tell her to f**k off!:haha: Why should you park round the corner just so she can have an easy life? Does she own the street? No! Then park where you bloody well like and let her park round the corner. Seriously I'm fuming for you!:growlmad:

If I were you I'd park outside your house, why should you be inconvenienced so she doesn't have to be, especially when it is because she chooses to park that way. It isn't your fault that the road is laid out that way x

Tell her to get stuffed!

Perhaps remind her that her house stops at the end of her drive, she does not own the road and that you pay road tax too!

I think that's really cheeky of her!! You have every right to park outside your own house. X

I'm going to play devil's advocate here as I have an issue with parking near my house. We all have driveways but when my next door neighbour's family visit they park in such a way that I have to edge out of my driveway and sometimes go back and forwards to avoid hitting their car. I find it really annoying and also really inconsiderate. It is a slightly different situation as they are only visiting and could very easily park across the road and cause no difficulty to anyone.
I'm just saying that from my experience not being able to get out of your own driveway without faffing is really annoying.

If you are legally parked I would ignore.

Devils advocate here too. We live down a road where everyone has driveways and yet to get in our drive is a total nightmare because of 2 houses opposite that each have 4/5 cars which they refuse to park on their drives even though they can because 'why shouldn't they park outside their house, and ours and etc' 9 times out of 10 when i come home i can only just reverse onto my own driveway. And yes i could drive in but it's actually more dangerous to reverse out because you can't see down the road well enough to know there isn't anything coming.

I am assuming from your post that you don't have a driveway that you could park on?

In your situation i would park outside my house if i had children with me but i would park elsewhere if i didn't.

It does depend on 'how' big your road is too, if its big enough for 2 cars to get past each other happily then I'd say park outside your house! I always have cars park opposite my drive but still reverse my car in :wacko:

Well I can see the other side too, BUT if you don't actually have a driveway or only have an average two cars that don't both fit you should 100% park out the front of your house.ignore your neighbour and park there and if she confronts you again just say this is my house I have the right to park AT my house and I will do so

I would park outside my house whether I had children or not. Why should you make getting from your car to your house with shopping etc more hassle for yourself to make it easier for someone else to get their car in their drive? :shrug:

No we dont have a driveway and the road is wide enough for two cars to pass each other. I get that she needs to park her car but so do I and its perfectly safe to reverse your car out on this street. Everyone else on that side of the road do it!

Devils advocate here too...
It is actually illegal to reverse onto a main carriageway, which is what she would have to do if she were to drive onto her driveway as you suggest.

If you don't park outside your house then someone else will,so it might as well be you.
It is not illegal to reverse onto the road from your driveway, it does say not to reverse from a side Road to a main road in the highway code. Uk that is.
Xx

I complained to my neighbour for parking in front of my house because it meant the snow plow had to swerve and left a big pile of snow in front of my driveway. Really i was just annoyed they parked there instead of their driveway which could easily fit two cars. But it's illegal here to park on the road for more than two hours and they did it 24/7.

However if I were you and there was no driveway, if the road is a legal place to park I'd park as close to my house as possible.

Omg!! Cheeky cow! Id tell her where to go and that is being polite! Not your problem if she cant reverse into her drive!

Devils advocate here too...
It is actually illegal to reverse onto a main carriageway, which is what she would have to do if she were to drive onto her driveway as you suggest.

Its not a main carraigeway. Its a private road on a new housing estate.

I reverse off our drive onto our road.

If the roads big enough for two cars to pass, then what is she driving....a stretched limo?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->