Neighbour complaining me about parking outside my house

I wouldnt even consider parking anywhere else. If there is a space in front of the house then park there! If it was an unsuitable place to park then there would be yellow lines!

Agreed :thumbup:

If you can legally park on the road, and there's space in front of your house, use it !!

I'd put my own comfort levels over a neighbours

The OP does say that she did park on the pavement but then not with the new car so obviously that caused more of an issue which is when the neighbour spoke to her and she moved it further down from when asked in October, so that is four months of not parking there.

yes but then another neighbour complained their drive was difficult to get to. If it were a one off, and the neighbour comparative ed there would be no point to the thread as the OP would surely just have said "Ok, fair enough, it's a one off I don't intend to do it again". But the op is asking if she should park there all the time.

I wouldnt even consider parking anywhere else. If there is a space in front of the house then park there! If it was an unsuitable place to park then there would be yellow lines!

That's not the case. Single track roads in the countryside don't have yellow lines, but you wouldn't park on one of those. Yellow lines are where it is illegal to park, the Highway Code gives plenty of advice of where else you shouldn't park. It's about using your common sense and being respectful of other road users.

The OP does say that she did park on the pavement but then not with the new car so obviously that caused more of an issue which is when the neighbour spoke to her and she moved it further down from when asked in October, so that is four months of not parking there.

yes but then another neighbour complained their drive was difficult to get to. If it were a one off, and the neighbour comparative ed there would be no point to the thread as the OP would surely just have said "Ok, fair enough, it's a one off I don't intend to do it again". But the op is asking if she should park there all the time.

Im not saying I should park there all the time. I did mention that i have been parking a bit further down but on days when i cant due to other cars parking I park in front of my own house (two to three times a month) I am asking if this is unreasonable of me to do. Or at least i was. I have decided that i will continue to accomodate her where possible but will not be putting myself out for her. If i cant park at the end of the street i will park in front of my house.

OP is the pavement where you park does it have a dropped kerb?

If other people are gonna park thereregardless then I dont even see the issue. The neighbour cant go to every single car that parks there when OP doesnt and hand them a bloody letter. Ridiculous.

Op i think you have been extremely courteous and generous so far and you certainly have more manners than I do because I wouldnt even consider parking elsewhere!

They can get in and out of their drive therefore there is no obstruction. This means there is no offence taking place surely? Especially since there are no road restrictions!

I don't think it's ok to park somewhere that makes it difficult for others.

In my old street a neighbour parked their car in a way that meant I had to reverse all the way down my street to get out. There were no lines so technically they could park there. Even though it was completely inconsiderate of other people.

Can you not just bump up a kerb to make it a bit easier?

It's illegal if there is a dipped kerb you are parked in front of. Otherwise op can legally park there. The other day my neighbour parked opposite my drive, it would look as though there was plenty of room for me to get into my drive, it's a new development.

There wasn't. none at all. And driving in nose first made it very difficult trying to get round his car to get out. I also had to bump up the grass side to try and get in also. So actually it is not easy when someone is opposite your driveway. Yet if I bumped it who's fault would it be? Mine. I felt so incredibly uncomfortable and panicked, as I said previously, iv had an accident reversing.

Tell her to fuck off. U have every right to park in front of ur house. God i would be fuming.

OP is the pavement where you park does it have a dropped kerb?

The side where i park does not which is why i dont park on the curb. It damages the car getting up and down. One side of her has a lowered curb so if she drove in from that side it would be quite easy.

Is your car lowered? I don't see how bumping it up the kerb slowly is no more damaging then going over speed bumps.

The curbs are quite high as the road hasnt been finish yet. It scrapes the suspension when you get down.

Repeated bumping up and down kerbs can damage a cars wheel alignment, suspension, can touch under the vehicle.

There's no way I'd bump a car up and down kerbs to park.

My Dad was regularly bumping his car up and down kerbs to park outside his house and it ruined his tracking. Def dont do that on a regular basis x

The thing is we're all judging this situation when we can't actually see how difficult this would/wouldn't be - all roads are different so just because yours is difficult, doesn't mean the OP's is...!

The op uses to bump up the kerb so obviously knew space was a issue. I wouldn't park opposite someone's drive unless it was s particularly wide street.

Is your car lowered? I don't see how bumping it up the kerb slowly is no more damaging then going over speed bumps.

It's illegal to park on the kerb. Try getting a wheelchair or pushchair past when a car is parked on a standard sized kerb. Not fun!

I have to park slightly on the kerb at my mum's, there is still room to get a pushchair past easily.

Fair enough, but a lot of the time there isn't room, which is why it's illegal.

I do it too sometimes, but it's not ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->