Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Gosh, when they get past those baby years you hope for decent sleep at least!! I hope she’s back to normal sleeping pattern soon.
17 weeks and my bump by the time I go to bed is massive!! I know I get bloated and windy and that adds to my size but I just look down and panic that I’ve still got 6 months to go!!
I started moisturising and using oils on my bump from about 10 weeks last time but I’ve not done any of that this time, I need to start taking better care. I think if you’re gonna get stretch marks, you’ll get them, and I got a few low down (that only appeared after birth!!) but the care I took might have minimised them. I’d like to get away with about the same again or less this time if possible but I think I’m going to be bigger this time even if I’m being careful not to pile on the 3 stone I did last time.

Hi ladies how are you all ? Happy new year !
I took a bit of a break away from this forum as TTC was getting me so down I wanted to think about it least as possible over the Christmas period.
Anyway last week AF showed 9 days early ! Total shock and very upsetting. Today is CD9 so starting with the opks later today. I have started taking a good probiotic this month and some fertility tea (willing to give anything a go) I started having reflexology too had my second session last night. Also on Sunday I am booked in for a private fertility scan so will see what they have to say.

Hi MME, welcome back and happy new year. Hopefully some time away from here helped you feel less down about your fertility struggles. My heart goes out to you, I honestly cannot imagine how hard and heartbreaking it must be. On a positive note I’m glad you’ve got some good treatments in the pipeline, I really hope they help. Best of luck for your scan, do update us with your results and experience. Xx

Yes I’m hoping the changes help. I’m excited and scared at the same time for the fertility scan. Don’t want them to find anything serious.
Wow I can’t believe you are nearly 18 weeks ! That has flown. Have you felt anything yet ?

Hey Welcome back MME :kiss: happy new year. I hope your feeling a little better, it's so bloody hard when everyone around you seems to be pregnant. FX the reflexology helos/helped one of my friends had it & swore by it. She fell pregnant that most or cycle after should I say. Here's hoping all's ok on Sunday do let us know.

It's crazy 18 week almost half way there, not long till your scan now ekk \\:D/ have you definitely decided if you are/aren't going to find out what your having :yellow: xx

No we won’t be finding out. We didn’t last time so all the baby stuff up to age one month is all gender neutral anyway so that’s fine.
Yes I’ve felt movement, felt it quite early but it was so few and far between I really didn’t notice much. It’s just started to be more sustained and regular tickles and itches inside so it’s getting bigger and stronger.
DS has had a bad cold this week and cough, but seems to be better today, no calpol as yet!! He’s already doing my head in though, just constant whinging!!! We’re off to playgroup but it doesn’t start until 9.30 and it just feels like a lifetime. We could have done with it starting at 7.30 to be honest!!
Still, just today to get through then the weekend. Xx

Just to update ladies CD 12 today and I went for the private fertility scan this morning. All is looking ok the lady said I have 2 possible dominant follicles within the left ovary measuring 15mm. My opks are no where near today but the last 3 cycles I ovulated CD11.

Is 15mm near to the size they need to get to be released? I’m guessing it’s not an exact science, but fantastic news that you’ve got two maturing. At least you know that you’re cycles are producing eggs.
On the other hand I’m guessing it must be frustrating still not having any answer as to why it hasn’t happened for you yet.
Fingers crossed you get a positive OPK soon. X

The lady who scanned me said they need to be 20mm ish, I’ve read they grow 1-2mm per day. CD14 today and negative opks. Maybe this isn’t my month !
Had reflexology tonight and she said lots of action on my left ovary which does tie in (I didn’t tell her btw) but why negative opks when I’ve usually already ovulated by now. Guess I will have to wait and see.
How are you bumble / bb1982 ?

We’ll cycles can be very irregular, so maybe you’re just going to O very late this month! For my dates to work out I must have o’d about a week later than I thought I would the month I fell pregnant.

Bumble, are you still feeling low? Xx

We’ll cycles can be very irregular, so maybe you’re just going to O very late this month! For my dates to work out I must have o’d about a week later than I thought I would the month I fell pregnant.

Bumble, are you still feeling low? Xx

What cycle day did you ov ? That still gives me hope x

I got negative tests cd 31 & 33, and then a positive on cd36. I would therefore guess I ovulated around cd 24, but I wasn’t tracking ovulation so can’t be sure. DH has a bug and was sick all over what I thought (I was using Ovia app) was my fertile window so we didn’t dtd! Once he was well we did but I thought we’d missed it, but I guess not. I had had a couple of 35 day cycles in the 6 months leading up to falling pregnant, and the two cycles immediately before were both 28 day cycles so that is what I and Ovia were expecting. I guess therefore I would fall under irregular cycles.
My dates were then established from my lmp, but I knew I’d be a week behind dur to having got those two negative tests late in the cycle. I was right, at my first scan they dated me 6 days behind gestationally.
Keep tracking and see if you get a positive soon. X

Good to heard things where ok with your scan mme but also very flustering as to why it's taking so long. I find it amazing that the reflexology can tell so much.like I said one of my friends swore by it. I so hope it happens soon for you now, really do.
Am ok thanks BB1982 not too low just going with the motions of life i suppose. Considering putting things on hold though. As silly as it sounds coz of winter due dates. Just seems to be one reason to the next to start trying then stop then start. My head is just really pickeled with it all. Just wish I could be more layed back with it if am honest and not worry about when it will happen, how long it will take, age gaps and other families and their family dynamics. As you can see I can't sleep, mind working overtime AGAIN xx

Bumble I felt exactly the same until a few months ago. I don’t know how but I’ve managed to take a more laid back approach. It will happen when it happens sort of thing. I too kept thinking not round dds bday, my bday, age gaps, not round Xmas. I was getting so stressed that’s why I decided to try reflexology. I’m actually sleeping better too from it (that or it’s all in my head) I’m on cd 16 today and no positive opk this month so far. I will keep testing but I feel I didn’t ov this cycle. My cm is watery but negative opks !

Bumble, sorry it’s all getting to you and affecting your sleep. I so badly wish it was easier for you, and everybody else. Only you know what’s right for you and your family. At least you have a lovely holiday to look forward to!! All that laying about in sun loungers and lovely family evenings in the warm med! Heaven.

Mme, very strange, you’d have thought that if the eggs are maturing that they’d be released. I don’t rwally know very much about that bit of the cycle. Glad the treatments are helping you relax and sleep.

I’ve got the day off work today, DS is in nursery so I’m off out to lunch and shopping with my best friend! Yeay. With us both being busy, family life, Christmas etc we’ve not seen each other since mid October, how bad is that!!!!! She only lives an hour away. Xx

Thanks BB it's so good having ladies like you around. To be honest I felt like just not saying anything as it might have come across as I am a right mowning.
Your right fantastic family holiday to look forward to. Also just booked onto my friends Hen Do in may to Marbella so looks like we will have to hold off throughout those winter Xmas due date months. Only really 3-4months as we can try again as soon as I am back.
Things just seem so much worse at night xx

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean bumble the day is distracting but it plays on your mind in the eve. We held off going abroad last year as we were TTC and thought it would happen any time well we have booked to go abroad in May so I could be going while pregnant. I feel last year my life was sort of on hold well not this year, if nothing has happened by June when we have been TTC for 18months then I will give my gp another visit.
Are you still trying then or have you put it on hold ? Where are you in your cycle now ?

Bb hope you had a nice day with your Friend !

Cd16 today another negative opk but strange thing is I have clear watery cm mixed with a little ewcm, this cycle has been so strange. I don’t even know when to expect af !

Some cycles are just totally off whack!! I guess it’s only when we start examining them and tracking them and looking for every fertile sign that we notice they are not always textbook cycles. They are probably just as irregular and unpredictable the rest of the time too but we just don’t notice as we don’t pay it so much attention.

I’m glad you’ve booked a girly weekend Bumble, sounds just what you need! You can’t put your life on hold for TTC, you’ve just got to live your life.

My day was lovely, a bit of shopping and a nice Nando’s lunch!! A bean burger. DH is not happy though, my ‘gas’has been absolutely toxic these past few weeks so now he’s moaning that it will be even worse now I’ve eaten that!!! :rofl:

Hahaha toxic gas that's funny xx

Hope you had a nice day with your friend and from the sounds of it a well needed catch up.

Think we'll probably go back to pull out for the next couple of months. Like hubby said life's too short & who knows what's round the corner.
We have been blessed with our absolutely wonderful beautiful dd. If life doesn't want to give us another then we'll have to deal with that in time.
This slight wait is made a little easier by me saying to myself if I didn't fall pregnant this month we wouldn't try Feb march or April anyway due to due dates. Xx

Mme could it be possible that maybe your opk just haven't picked up your seurge or maybe you haven't O-ed yet. Have you ever had a long cycle as according to my app I o cd19-cd20 I have 32 day cycles x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->