Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Yes, last time at 20 weeks they diagnosed placenta previa, so it was low at the front partially covering my cervix. I was rescanned at 32 weeks and because the uterus had grown and stretched it had been pulled up and out of the way so I was fine for a natural labour. I have noticed the difference, I don’t feel much movement at the front, just sides and bottom of my bump. Guess that’s why!! I’m sure as baby gets bigger and stronger I’ll not notice the difference as much.
Some poor people have such horrific experiences in pregnancy and labour. It’s her second, and I’m guessing last baby, so at least she’s ‘done with it’ so to speak, after a very unpleasant experience. But she has s beautiful little girl, she really is a little cutie! (And I’m the first to admit most newborns are quite ugly!! Lol).
Glad to still hear you being positive about having another, I honestly think it will happen for you!! I’m staying positive. Xx

Hi. Sorry to jump in. But after some advice. I came off my pill end of January. But as i was about to come off my pill i started a light period. Lasting 3 days. Literally ike the same time/day as stopping my pill.

I should be ovulating tomorrow according to my app that i have (period calendar) i have been using sainsburys easy read opkis and all week been saying negative. I then purchased CB one and used that one today and still saying negative to ovulation. Do they normally pick up the day before ovulation or just the day of? Its so confusing!?

Also haven’t BD yet this week either. Alsooo i have very tender BBs too! CM changed yesterday.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Xx

Well you’re speaking to 3 ladies here with cycles that have been all over the place!! I’d say firstly, if you’ve only just come off the pill it could take a while for your body to get back into its own cycles. Saying that, there is some thought that you’re also highly likely to get pregnant right away as many on these forums have.
Keep testing with opks (you might find it cheaper to go on eBay and get a bulk load!) it can get a bit addictive and you need to be testing twice a day, ideally in the morning and afternoon. Your LH surge can peak and go down in 12 hours so if you’re only testing once a day you could miss it.
Also, you may have been regular before, but could be more irregular now (or vice versa!). You can just have the occasional long or short cycle, it’s very hard to predict and now you’re actively tracking you’ll really notice, where as before you probably wouldn’t take much notice at all.
If you think you’re nearing ovulation, get in the sack and do the baby making dance!! Ain’t no way you’ll get pregnant without it.
I was really lucky, I got pregnant on our first month trying, but others on here are having to persevere much more, and nobody can say which camp you’ll fall in.
You’ll find lots of support here, so stay in touch and let us all know how you’re getting on. Good luck x

Thanks so much!

When we was WTT (i have been waiting for OH to be ready about a year) i read so much on what it could possibly be like when you first come off the pill and it had me worried! I guess! You always think that the day you stop taking your pill thats it you can get pregnant and its just so not like that. So much more to it!

I feel like im going insane already with it all and its only my first cycle! As dont want to start talking to the OH as it will just freak him out.
X

Are you on pre-conception vitamins? I read (and as far as I’m aware there is absolutely no scientific evidence to support this) that they can help regulate your cycles. I used the seven seas ones, just got them in the supermarket. They are about the size of a normal contraceptive pill, and will just ensure you’re topped up with all the good things you need during early pregnancy. Worth a shot! Xx

I am. Im taking H&B folic acid. Have been since Christmas . I was told to try and have them 3 months before but never heard or read about them regulating cycles. X

Yes, I read it on a forum back when I was WTT for number 1. I came off the pill 9 months before we were due to start trying as I wanted to give my body lots of time to adjust, and I went straight onto the seven seas multivitamin at that point. I also started to use ovia to track my cycles about 6 months before trying so it had plenty of data to calculate my ovulation from.
I can remember it all being so exciting, the unknown of it all, it consumes you!! Xx

I feel like its all i think about ](*,) Just got some different opks. Some cheap ones to do in an evening and then my CB ones of a morning. Hopefully I haven’t missed the peak already and i can pin point when it is and still be in the game for this month.

Well just look out for the other signs of ovulation too, like changes to your cervical mucus and pains etc.
Now your patiently waiting your body will probably throw in a random 40 day cycle, or a normal cycle but you ovulate a week later etc. My August cycle was absolutely textbook, and then when we actually started trying in septeber it all went to pot! I had no idea what was going on, convinced I’d missed ovulation etc, but as you can see from my ticker, it was just weirdly late and I was very surprised when I got a positive test in October!
It’s torally normal to be ‘obsessed’ by it. It’s just awful as you can be totally obsessed but there is absolutely nothing you can do other than wait, track and wait some more!! You wait and wait for ovulation, then it starts all over again with the TWW!!

Fingers crossed I haven’t ovulated already . How fab that you got your BFP so early into trying. Hoping for the same! X

I know, I’m increibly lucky. Almost to the point of feeling guilty, especially when I speak to other lovely ladies on here who face disappointment cycle after cycle. Xx

Aww. You shouldn’t feel guilty! You should be so happy and just continue to be super supportive with others like you have been with me.

Im still getting negative opk this morning :confused: Hopefully shows up this evening or tomorrow [-o< x

Thanks.

Try not to get worried, give your body some time to adjust, I’m not sure how long you were on the pill but your little ovaries haven’t released an egg while you have been, they might just need a little time to get back into the swing of it. X

I was on my pill for around 5 years. I definitely ovulated in January. Which is so odd as i was still on the pill. I dont know if it was some weird coincidence or mind over medication but i had all the symptoms and then i had a period too as i was then coming off my pill. X

Hi Jam1611 welcome Hun and good luck on your journey. FX it happens quickly x

Bb1982 please don't feel guilty Hun, you've been an amazing support to me when I've felt pretty low about ttc. And also my ever changing thoughts X thank you

Thanks bumble, I just wish so much it will happen for you too!! And everybody in here who struggle. Xx

And change on the opk’s Jam? Xx

We're on abit of a break at the minute now till after the hen/stag do rush & winter due dates have passed. So back at it in May/June sounds far away but it's only 3 more cycles xx

Nope BB. Still showing as negative this morning. Im still suffering with tender Bbs so hopefully will be this week. It was around the 14th last month looking back at my symptoms so fingers crossed its this week. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->