Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

is this normal or should I get checked out. I keep getting sharp pins and needle type feeling across different areas of my tummy. It usually happens if a cough or move quickly. It honestly takes my breath away and I have to rub the area for a few seconds to ease the pain. Latest one was a few moment ago at my desk at work when I breathed in quite deeply.
What do you ladies think x

I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, however, if in doubt get checked out! You get all sorts of weird pains and things throughout pregnancy. Not sure how your supposed to know what are ‘normal’ and what’s more concerning. Call the midwife, they’d rather you call them over nothing than don’t and it be something serious that goes undiagnosed. Xx

Bumble, I at times get some painful cramps too... I walk it off thinking it’s when the baby moves into a weird position...
If it persists, do get it checked out....

how did your 20week scan gone @wanna_baby did you find out what your having x

the scan went well... I got the gender written in an envelop.. my neice wants to do a gender reveal which we'll do on my bday..

I just got a call from the doc's that they saw a band like thing on top of the uterus away from the fetus could have something to do with amniotic fluid...they want to follow up with that... it got be worried a little.. hope it's nothing big....

Wanna, it’s awful when there is something they need to monitor. I had placenta previa with my 1st, but it was all fine in the end.
Hopefully they’ll keep an eye on you and it will be ok, but anything at all not ‘normal’ is bound to concern you. X

so I made the mistake of googling further on this Amniotic band... and boy! There are horror stories.... about Aminotic band syndrom... if the band wraps around the baby, baby can loose certain parts and even worse....

but there are threads on here about it where most women say they were told about the band but it didn't interfere with the baby... I am really hoping everything turns out fine....

But you are right BB, any news of it not being normal is a worry....

Just praying for now...

Yeah, I googled the placenta previa, horror stories of people haemorrhaging and losing the baby, emergency c sections, even babies dying in labour but they were seriously the worst case scenarios! Once they know at least they can monitor and look after you and baby. X

ohh gosh @wanna_baby hope everything turns out to be ok. Google can be our worse enemy at times but I understand you wanting answers quickly. You mentioned in your first post that they have said the band is away from the baby so hopefully it wont cause damage. when are you back in for further check ups or what happens from here.

I am still waiting for the doc to call me to tell me when the follow up scan will be... yes the band is away from baby and I hope it stays that way... it's only a problem if baby gets tangled in it...
and I am thinking the stronger the baby gets, the less harmful it becomes....
I am trying to stay positive and some of positive stories from here help where they saw a band but didn't harm the baby....

can I ask if any of you have any history with C-sections.

Basically I am on route for a planned C-section due to my previous emergency C-section. I never got pasted 3cm but wasn't given much time at all as my daughter was undiagnosed breech, reduced fetal movement due to low heartrate when contracting.

This time round I am having regular growth scans last one was yesterday then it will be every 3 weeks from 32 weeks to check babies size as my DD was 5lb 9 (full term) I myself am only 5ft so probably explains a lot.

My thoughts are if the baby is showing head down maybe try for VB however I am so scared it will result in another emergency C-section and regret not going down the more chilled planned section route. however I am also scared of the recovery time of the section its actually painful for months. I was left alone on a communal ward 2.15am unable to move due to spinal block and morphine out my mind when my daughter was 1 hour 45mins old. My husband was told to go home and couldn't return till 9am the next morning. Hence my fear of it resulting in another section.

I know nobody really has answers and really its down to me but wonder what your thoughts are and what you would do in my situation.

Hi Bumble,
I don’t personally have any experience with c-section but one of my friends had a similar situation... first baby, breech and had a planned section. 2nd and 3rd baby baby was head down and had normal vaginal birth... she also said that surprisingly recovery with c-section was better for her than vaginal birth...

On the other hand, another friend had 4 c-sections, first 3 were emergency because she so badly wanted to have a vaginal birth...

so just because your first was a csection doesn’t mean the next has to be too.... I would say keep monitoring the baby and you might get a clear pic of what your body wants to do closer to the due date...

Oh goodness. I don’t know, I was so scared about labour with DD I would have opted for a c section for sure had it been offered but her birth was so quick and easy and my recovery was almost instant to be honest. We were at the local playgroup on Wednesday morning after she was born Monday night!!
But you might have the same experience again, nobody can tell you. It’s a really hard decision to have to make. In would imagine a planned section would be a much calmer experience than an emergency! Xx

Hi ladies!! Sorry it been a while. I had my little boy Harrison on 18/2/20 4:46am 6lb 4. 5 weeks early! He’s officially 2 months this week! He’s absolutely perfect. We had a week in the neo natal unit when he was first born. Had such a horrible labour. Ended up with forceps (the one thing I didn’t want!!) anyways!! Hope your all okay. Bumble congratulations!!!! How amazing!! Hope you & wanna are both doing well? Not long to go!! How horrible is it At the moment with C19!! Hope everyone is keeping nice and safe xxx

Hi ladies!! Sorry it been a while. I had my little boy Harrison on 18/2/20 4:46am 6lb 4. 5 weeks early! He’s officially 2 months this week! He’s absolutely perfect. We had a week in the neo natal unit when he was first born. Had such a horrible labour. Ended up with forceps (the one thing I didn’t want!!) anyways!! Hope your all okay. Bumble congratulations!!!! How amazing!! Hope you & wanna are both doing well? Not long to go!! How horrible is it At the moment with C19!! Hope everyone is keeping nice and safe xxx

Congratulations JAM!!! So happy for you.. Wow, 5 weeks early? DId you have to get induced for any complications or did he just decide he wanted to come early? That's a good weight for being early. So glad you are all doing well now.

I am doing good... Yes, not the ideal time to be pregnant with everything going on... but staying positive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->