**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Elliot, what are you supposed to look for in a good hospital??

Hey Liz - On a completely off-topic note... Since you're our tech-goddess can you help me out with a question? I started a thread about how my dang butt's already expanding, and then I realized there was a typo in the thread title. Do you know how to change the title of a thread you've started?

First, go to the 1st post you made and go EDIT
then the box comes up for your edits and that box is your signature and under that is another EDIT button. Click that! :winkwink:

Thank goodness for you Liz! I never would have figured out "edit" > "edit"! But it worked a charm! :flower:

Elliot, what are you supposed to look for in a good hospital??

I haven't the first idea what you're supposed to look for. But I'm a bit of a medical wimp... hate doctors' offices and hospitals and all that jazz.. they just make me nervous. So we're hoping to find one of those hospitals with the lovely new facilities with birthing rooms that feel more home-like. I've heard some have warm tubs to sit in while you labor, beds for DH in case it's a long labor or to sleep in after baby arrives and your'e all resting, and all the medical equipment just gets rolled in for those few critical hours, but the rest of the time its not so "scary" and "threatening" for somebody like me.

I'll report back on how much of this is true. There are about 6 hospitals within 45 minutes of my house. One is only 20 minutes or so away, but they have a bad reputation for infections and are on my insurance "naughty" list as a result, so I'd have to pay more to go there.

Okay I have a question. According to my ticker I OVed yesterday. But I never got EWCM just water type (sorry if TMI). Has anyone else expericenced this. I normally get EWCM. But according to mymonthlycycles.com I should OV on Thanksgiving. :shrug: Should I wait until I get EWCM? I have been BDing for good measure though. LOL

Okay I have a question. According to my ticker I OVed yesterday. But I never got EWCM just water type (sorry if TMI). Has anyone else expericenced this. I normally get EWCM. But according to mymonthlycycles.com I should OV on Thanksgiving. :shrug: Should I wait until I get EWCM? I have been BDing for good measure though. LOL

Hi Ready -- I had only watery CM the cycle I fell PG, never got EWCM. I'd been on sudafed for a cold and think it thinned things out. Have you been on anything like that? My OV was also 3 days early the cycle I fell PG. Hoping this is your lucky cycle! Keep up the BD! :thumbup:

No idea.. Maybe one of the gals knows........... :shrug:

No idea.. Maybe one of the gals knows........... :shrug:

I haven't a clue either..:shrug: ..sorry but :sex: just in case:haha:

CLW -- This could be very good. I wonder what's happening in there. When are you testing??

I wasn't going to test b/c my cycle was so messed up I didn't know when to go by.... the 25-26 cycle or the 32 day cycle?!??!?! But now I might test on the 25 or 26. What do you think??? I just dont want to see a :bfn:

Ladies, I just did a HPT test in the work bathroom and I think it's negative

So in essence, yep, AF was about 2 days long for me this cycle.

I'll test tomorrow morning just for fun again.

I will try to wait the only thing is I don't know when I OVed, I thought it was on the 8th or 9th b/c thats when I had cramps and EWCM, but FF says it was the 20th based on my temps, I think to be on the safe side I'll just wait untill Dec 1st...... :haha: who am I kidding I'll prob POAS 20 times between then if AF. :blush:

I will try to wait the only thing is I don't know when I OVed, I thought it was on the 8th or 9th b/c thats when I had cramps and EWCM, but FF says it was the 20th based on my temps, I think to be on the safe side I'll just wait untill Dec 1st...... :haha: who am I kidding I'll prob POAS 20 times between then if AF. :blush:

CLW, remind me again why you think you may have Ov'd on the 8th or 9th? Was this from OPK?

CLW, remind me again why you think you may have Ov'd on the 8th or 9th? Was this from OPK?

I did an OPK on the 8th, 9th, 10, and 11th the darkest line was on the 8th but it wasn't darker than the control line. Then every test after that got lighter and lighter untill the 11th and there was no line at all. So I was confused to say the least....LOL

CLW: couple of things about your chart.

To check how your chart determines your Ovulation:
Go to (top of FF page) Tools > Analysis > Ovulation Detector Tuning/Override
- What is the "Detector Tuning - Expert Settings" set to? Mine is Advanced

"In most cases when there is discrepancy or ambiguity, the advanced detector will give you the best interpretation because it takes all signs into account simultaneously. It also includes tested research gathered from the research detector. The advanced detector is thus the recommended setting and the default for all charts unless you have chosen otherwise in your preferences.

If you use OPKS or a fertility monitor and do not record your temperature: In this case, your best choice for estimating your ovulation day is to use your OPK or fertility monitor results . Although these tests/devices do not give you a full picture of your cycle they can be used for a relatively accurate estimate in most situations. In this case we recommend that you use our OPK/Monitor/OVWatch detector setting. If you are recording your temperature we recommend against using this detector even if you are using an OPK or a fertility monitor (in this case use the Advanced detector which will use all your data).
"

I don't think your chart is sharing everything that you should be.. I assume that you use OPKs and record these & your BD times..
But we can't see that..
-Go to (left on FF page) My account > Home Page setup > Privacy (make sure all 5 boxes are checked YES)
-same page > Graphics (make sure "Charting ticker" is checked yes)

Hope this helps.... :flower:

I'll have to look into that, I was gonna record the OPKs but I wasn't sure if there were positive b/c the line wasn't darker than the control line. I think I need to get a diff OPK.

Ladies, I found out some disturbing news at my gyno today. DH and I had done some genetic testing a couple of weeks ago, and it turns out that I have mutated genes for cystic fibrosis, which in some women can cause fertility issues... I will be making an appt with an expert tomorrow and will go see said dr asap...
Supposedly, the cf can cause too much cm, and thus we may have to do IUI or IVF... How ironic that I had just started the Guasenifen. But, supposedly, that may not be able to do the trick.
Down in the dumps over this, but at least this may provide some answers to our issues.

What kind of testing did you have TL ? Was it stage 1 testing or extensive testing ?
We also did genetic testing before we TTC our first ( DH family has a deadly genetic disorder that causes fatal bowel cancer ) and we did the stage one test first to see if he carried the gene and when he tested positive, we did even more testing to see what the percentage of chance would be if we did decide to have a child. We did that so we could make a very well informed choice. My advice is ask lots and lots of questions...there is no such thing as a stupid question..good luck, sweetie:hugs:

Ladies, I found out some disturbing news at my gyno today. DH and I had done some genetic testing a couple of weeks ago, and it turns out that I have mutated genes for cystic fibrosis, which in some women can cause fertility issues... I will be making an appt with an expert tomorrow and will go see said dr asap...
Supposedly, the cf can cause too much cm, and thus we may have to do IUI or IVF... How ironic that I had just started the Guasenifen. But, supposedly, that may not be able to do the trick.
Down in the dumps over this, but at least this may provide some answers to our issues.

So sorry about your news tl682.:hugs: I hope it all works out for you and your dh.

Thank you, ladies. Future Numan, this was just some initial testing, and I was told that since DH doesn't have the mutations that we're in the clear, except that our children WILL DEFINITELY be carriers for cystic fibrosis... But, at least they wont have the disease.
But, it affects my fertility, since the disease causes the body to produce excessive mucus, and thus too much cm. So, if the Robitussin doesn't work, then we will have to do IUI or IVF...
DH is also doing his SA next week (I didn't want him to do it this week, since I'm oving this weekend). So, hopefully, we wont have any issue with his swimmers, too.
This just sucks, and I hope it doesn't take too long to conceive.
Grr.:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->