**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Hi ladies and welcome Shellie!!
Well, this is what happened over Thanksgiving for me:
I knew I was supposed to ov on Saturday (which I did), and since DH wont ever do it while we're at our families houses, I knew I had to get him before we left on Thursday morning. But, there was too much pressure on him, and it didn't work... So, the last time we BDed was on Tuesday night, and then we did it again last night (Sunday night).
I assume that we're out this month, since I oved on Saturday afternoon??
Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!! Remember that it's cyber Monday, so the good deals continue :)
You're not out though b/c you BD'd 4 days prior to O.. so that's still within the 5 day window!

Thank you, but my chances are now so slim... Which sucks. Definitely not expecting anything this month...

Sorry TL -- I know how much those months with slim chances stink. You just want them to hurry by as quickly as possible so you can get at your next chance! Hopefully you have better luck with timing next cycle and not being stuck at relatives homes when it's the critical OV time! :hugs:

Went to the dentist today. Told the hygienist that we were TTC and she said that when we get pregnant, I'll have to up my visits to every 3 months as it's important for the baby to prevent premies etc..

Liz, I heard the same thing. Supposedly, people who dont have their teeth cleaned have higher chances of heart and lung issues, too, so it's safe to say that it could affect pregnancy, too. Let's all keep up with it!!

Elliot -- Thank you, that's totally how I feel!! Well, upward and onward...

Chin up, TL! You never know you may find yourself preggers for the sole reason that you "gave up" and were more relaxed this month! No pity party for you, young lady! Hike up those socks and get ready to start POASing!! :)

I hope you didn't take that in a bad way!

Went to the dentist today. Told the hygienist that we were TTC and she said that when we get pregnant, I'll have to up my visits to every 3 months as it's important for the baby to prevent premies etc..

I've never heard this. Was actually worrying about whether it was okay to have a cleaning in the 1st Tri as I have a scheduled 6 month appt in a few weeks. I'm planning to call this week to let them know in case they're planning x-rays or anything. Will be curious to hear what they say.

She told me that since we're not pregnant yet (and I haven't had x-rays done in a year), we should definitely do them now before I'm pregnant. So you might get to skip x-rays.. but you'll definitely have to up your # of cleanings though, I think.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/dentalwork.html

Liz -- Thank you :)
Elliot -- I definitely wouldn't do those x-rays. Better to have a cavity than the radiation...

Liz -- Thank you :)
I had really wanted to write "hike up that skirt and get ready to start POAS"... but somehow I thought.. hmm, maybe I shouldn't write that at work........ :haha:

Cute :) Your IT department would have loved that...

So heres the story of how DH & i met. We first set eyes on each other in 2001 but were both with different partners:growlmad:. I was a bit of a bad girl back then & enjoyed partying :wine::beer::drunk:(i was an alcoholic). Anyway he persevered & would take me out(we were both single then :happydance:) I WASN'T the perfect girlfriend & i've no idea why he put up with all my crap:shrug:. Anyway we got on so well & i'd never had a boyfriend who didn't treat me like shit,when your an alcoholic all sense of reason goes out the window & i could've been hurt or even raped on many occassions:cry:. When i got my first flat i started to cut down on the booze & the next 4 years were bliss:cloud9: I'd only drink when he was away cos he hated the girl i became when i was drunk(slag which really ashames me:blush:). We got offered the house we live in now about 4 years ago & we had a good long talk & he said he wouln't move in with me full time unless i stopped drinking. Well i won't have touched a drop of alcohol for 4 years at new year:wohoo::wohoo: I chose my man:cloud9:. On May 19th this year he proposed :dance::dance: & i said YES:cloud9:.
We got married on 26th August this year,was one of the happiest days of my life & i'm so proud to be his wife:cloud9:.

Heres a few photo's from our wedding :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSCF2023.jpg
    DSCF2023.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF2050.jpg
    DSCF2050.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2044.jpg
    DSCF2044.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2022.jpg
    DSCF2022.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 8
:hi: Ladies & thankyou for all the welcomes:flower:.

Liz. I've already got my name down on your other chart :dance::dance:

Eliott. We've been ttc this lil :baby: for 2 years 7 months,it's in my signature:thumbup:

Ready. HELLO AGAIN YOU lol :rofl:. I'm not following you around i promise lol :haha:.

Sending loads of snowy :dust::dust::dust:

Oops Shellie... sorry, I'm awful at checking signatures! :dohh: I just popped over and read your TTC journal, so touched by how positive you remain, and wishing you the very best good luck there is!

What a great wedding story! And congratulations to you for not touching a drop since you chose your man! He must really be something special :thumbup: And your wedding dress is just lovely girl!

Morning to everybody else too! :hugs: Fingers crossed for the gals post-OV and counting down the days! :dust:

Oh, and as far as the dentist goes, I called mine last night and they said they usually see women in 1st Tri with no problem, but like to have them get it cleared with their baby-docs first just in case they're hi-risk. They said a lot of bacteria gets into your bloodstream during a cleaning, and for most women it's not a problem if their pregnancy is low-risk.

Same with me. Weather in New York is also gloomy today.

Elliot. No problems:thumbup:,i'm not very good at checking peoples signatures either:blush:. Thank you for popping over to my journal:flower: & for you're inspiring words,they mean alot :hugs:. Yeah he sure is a special man(my soulmate :cloud9:)Glad you liked my wedding story & photo's :thumbup:I tried to make the photo's a bit bigger(like the ones in my journal) but couldn't get it to work:wacko: The bigger photos show the detail on my dress much better lol :rofl:

Liz. The weather here is BLAH too,we've had loads of snow,it's nice to look at out the window but a nightmare to go out in :growlmad:.

Sounds like we're all having crappy weather:grr:

I can't wait to be off for xmas. I want to not have to wake up early for work! :)

Oh, and I want presents. hahaha

I can't wait to be off for xmas. I want to not have to wake up early for work! :)

Oh, and I want presents. hahaha

Ooooo, I'm really excited for Xmas too, Liz. Can't wait to have a bunch of days off, and sit by the fireplace doing puzzles like an old lady, and eat all kinds of goodies, and wrap and open presents and decorate the tree and all that fun stuff. I love Xmas! :happydance:

[long story about a Xmas tree...]

Dh and I always go to a cut-your-own Xmas tree place cause he loves to choose and cut a tree like a big lumberjack man :) Last year we went to our usual place and they were a bit picked over. It was sooooo cold, and windy, that even though we were bundled up I was just about frozen solid. Finally, we settled on a tree... it seemed a good height and looked bushy enough to make DH happy (he likes a big, fat tree).

He cut that sucker down and when it fell over it was still taller than me! That thing was so fat it was practically square! We laughed and dragged it down to the checkout. They have a tube they shove the tree through, top first and it bundles it up tight in a fine plastic netting so it's easier to transport. Well, our big fat tree wouldn't fit through the tube... they had to get their 4-wheeler and use the winch on the front of it to forcefully drag our tree through! :haha:

We all were laughing by then. But DH and I got a bit peeved when they gave us our bill. They charged by the foot, and they'd made us pay for a 9 foot tree! We grumbled all the way home about how when they charge by the foot they shouldn't tack on extra just cause our tree was fat, and blah blah blah, grump grump grump, we're not going back there next year! :growlmad:

Then we got it home and DH hauled it into the garage and couldn't stand it up! Sure enough, that darn tree was too tall for our 8 foot garage ceilings! :blush: Ooops... we'd grumped for nothing and not been ripped off at all. We laughed again and DH had to cut off a bunch to fit it in the house. And when we finally cut off the netting that thing poofed out so wide... even though it was crammed in the corner it took up half the fireplace and a good chunk of the room! Everybody who saw it laughed like crazy.

DH is hoping we can find one just as big this year. I think Xmas makes him crazy! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->