New Facebook Scam going around

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this isn't baby related, but I wanted to warn you of a new Facebook scam going around. Unfortunately, I fell victim to it, through a friend who also fell victim. I'm posting the screen shot of my status. Hope it's okay to post here, as I don't want this to keep going around.

According to responses on her status (blanked name in the screen shot), they received messages filled with swearing and asking "why the f*** would you download this?" and also about the weather.

The initial PM will come through from one of your friends. Their profile will have been hacked and the scammer is messaging you from their profile, trying to gain access to yours and your friend's list to keep the scam going.

I am not one to fall for this stuff, and if it didn't just happen to me, I wouldn't be passing it on. So if you get a message from one of your friends about someone pretending to be you on Skype, asking about the weather, or asking you "why the eff you downloaded this" with a link, delete it, change your password, and log out of any other devices you have.

Stay safe fellow Mommas.

The photo is my own personal page.

Attachments

• helen2.JPG
    helen2.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 120
Thank you for the warning :thumbup: So many scams these days :nope:

Someone on my friend's list this morning tagged me in a private group with a picture of a message apparently from me asking her "Why the f*** did you download this?"

Thankfully, I already sent out the warning to her, so she knew to delete it. I didn't open any links or anything, so apparently even opening the message can give them access.

I'm not one to pass these things around unless they happen to me, or I can verify it authenticity via Snopes or Hoax Slayer, so stay safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->