New here - advice, please?

Burgers99

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here and I was hoping I could get a bit of advice. I have been on the mini-pill for about 5 years, and took my last one on Sat 11th April. We started TTC on Tues 14th, and I have been feeling queasy ever since the following day. I can't stop thinking I'm pregnant, even though I know it's pretty unlikely.

I asked a pharmacist today and he said I shouldn't have any side effects from coming off the pill, so I should take a test. I bought one today, but not sure when to take it. I haven't had any periods for years, due to the pill, so I have no idea what is going on in terms of my cycle. If I did conceive on the 14th, would it be too soon to test? (I have got a clearblue "4 days early" test.)

Thanks for your input.

OMG, I am exactly in the same situation than you! I can't believe it :happydance:

I too was on the mini-pill, although for two months only and had two periods. I stopped on exactly the same day than you. I was expecting withdrawal AF, but all I got was a little brown discharge and a lot of cramping pain. These pains have continued on and off since, although not as strongly, but no sign of AF at all, discharge completely clear.

In addition to these cramping pains that I have never had in the past except for the day before the :witch: and when I was pregnant with my two first ones, I started feeling nauseous yesterday morning and again this morning for an hour or so.

Like you, part of me thinks there's no way I can be pregnant already (I am 38, so over my most fertile years!), but the other part knows that it is technically possible.... Like you, I have no idea when I should test, but I have decided on Sunday on the basis that the strong pains I had could have been OV pain, so could have ovulated on the Sunday and best to test 14 days afterwards....but not sure I will manage to wait until then...

oops, pressed the button too quickly!

Wanted to wish you good luck and hope the test comes back :bfp:

:hug::hug:

Hello,

I asked a pharmacist today and he said I shouldn't have any side effects from coming off the pill, so I should take a test.

Thanks for your input.

I'd just like to contradict the learned gentleman, I had TONS of pregnancy symptoms coming off the minipill including nausea and weird pelvic cramps!

That said it is entirely possible that you have/will conceive. As for when to test personally I'd save the test and I'd leave it a good month from when you stopped taking the pill my first cycle was 35 days from stopping to getting my period. I doubt it would show up now even on an early test, the 4 day thing only gives a positive in 50% of cases of pregnancy.

Good luck :)

I'm in a similar situation. I cam off the mini pill around Jan time, and I've had 2 periods since then, both 5 day normal periods, this month I am late.
I had a pregnancy test done at the family planning clinic, which was negative, but the nurse said it doesn't mean I'm not pregnant.
I have to go back for another test beginning of May.

Good luck. I hope you get the result you are looking for.

Hi Soph, how late are you? How long are your cycles? can you do a CB test? Seems a long time to wait until next month. Cross fingers for you that you tested too early and next one will be :bfp:

A question if I can ask you? Did you have periods whilst on the mini-pill and did you stop taking it when they came or mid-cycle? If so, how long before yourwithdrawal period came?

I guess that's what puzzles me as it took a few times of going only an hour or so over the 3 hours for the :witch: to come (very annoying!), so thought for sure she would be there as soon as I stopped for good, but Jolinar message helps me realised that it can take time for it to come back :cry:

One sure thing, one symptom I don't have is swollen breasts, they have never been so deflated!!! Even though I would be so happy to be pregnant, it would be better if I wasn't yet. My eldest's bday is 31/12, my boy is 4/1 (was due on 31/12) and if I were pregnant now, due date would be around that time again...that's too much and I sooooo dream of a spring/summer baby. Trying to remember that saying that patience is a vertue :blush:

Soph, Burgers99, keep us inform :hug:

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. It's nice to see I'm not the only one in this boat!

Jolinar - It is highly possible that the Pharmacist is wrong, so I don't want to build my hopes up.
How on earth could I manage to wait a month before taking a test?! That was my initial plan, though, if I hadn't been feeling "funny" (which I still am today, by the way). I will probably take a test on Sunday like FBbaby.

FBbaby - I didn't have periods on the mini-pill for years, but I think I did have them early on (although I might be confusing them with the ones I had on the combined pill - I was on that for about 7 or 8 months before going on the mini-pill). There were a couple of times when I had pains and withdrawal bleeds after missing a pill or taking it late (but I had a 12 hour window with the pill I was on for the last couple of years, so I don't think I ever took it late).

Soph - I agree with FBbaby that you should do a test yourself. I wouldn't be able to wait until May!

Well after another day of sudden feeling of nausea at 10 AM (why the same time three days in a row :dohh:), I couldn't help it and did a test this afternoon which was a clearly :bfn:

It's no surprise really as even if I did ovulate the day after I took my last pill, it would only make me 9 days after ovulation, so very unlikely to show anyway :blush:

I have looked at other sites and it seems all case scenarios are possible, some having fallen pregnant after stopping the mini-pill before withdrawal bleed, others not having a first period until many days later. Some said they had all preg symptoms right after they stopped. Since my test, I trully don't think I am pregnant any longer. Funilly enough, the symptoms are not as obvious any longer!

I'm glad I did the test though as although trully disappointed right afterwards, I am feeling calmer tonight. I now just wish for the :witch: to come so I can feel I have a bit more control over what is happening to my body.

Burgers, crossing fingers for you on Sunday. :hug::hug:

Hi,

I was on the mini pill for 3 years until February this year. A couple of weeks after stopping I got lots what seemed like pregnancy signs, bloating, nausea, needing to pee alot etc. I wasn't pregnant :cry: but apparently it is quite common to get these symptoms.

It also took a while for AF to arrive.

I had my LH surge on 5th and 6th April (testing with digital OPK's) and I think I OV'd on the 7th April. I got some light spotting last Saturday and AF was in full flow by Sunday.

Good luck, hope you get you :bfp: soon. I'm trying the rabbits plan this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->