• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New here! TTC #2 anyone else?

bombshellmom

Momma of 2 DD'S and expecting DS in April!
Reaction score
Hello! So I'm not really sure how to use this website lol not exactly internet savvy like my hubby. :winkwink: loving the emoticons so far. But let me introduce myself. I am a momma of 1 as of right now, she is almost 3 and such a delight (terrible two's!) We are TTC baby #2. I have just started coming off of my birth control pill, I was only on it for 2 months. Hoping to be pregnant in July!! Does anyone have experience with getting pregnant right away after stopping the pill? I'm worried that me being on it for 2 months will affect ovulation. They say it can take up to 6 months to conceive after stopping, but I was only on it for a short amount of time.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, please be kind! xoxo much love and baby dust! <3<3

Welcome to TTC! :wave: :flower:

I'm afraid I can't offer much advice about TTC after coming off of birth control because I can't take hormonal birth control (too many negative side effects for me, a lot of them are not normal). Have you thought about cycle tracking with a basal body temperature (BBT) thermometer on a site like Fertility Friend (notice my chart in my signature) and taking ovulation prediction kit (OPK) tests? Studying your cervical mucous and other fertility signs can also really help you get the best timing in for :sex: to achieve pregnancy.

Best of luck to you on your TTC journey and lots of :dust:! I hope that your stay is short and sweet. :D

Thank you for the warm welcome!! I will more than likely be using fertility friend and using some ovulation kits! For some reason I am dead set on having a February-March baby lol so if I conceive this month I will get my wish! Thanks for the advice!

I would love a Spring baby this time. DS was a Fall baby (September) and it would be nice to be heavily pregnant in the Winter/Spring instead of the Summer. DH thinks that we'll conceive this cycle but I'm not convinced yet. :haha:

It would be cool if we did though, my due date would be the day after my best friend's birthday and 6 days before my sister's birthday. :)

Crossing my fingers for you!! Keep an open mind <3 :dust:

Maybe we will both get our BFP this month (next month for me, still June for you?)!!! I just started my AF a few days ago so I'm out for June unfortunately. I was so convinced I was pregnant because I had a faint positive on a test, I went to the doc and it was negative on their end, along with the blood test! I agree about being heavily pregnant in the Winter, I was heavily pregnant in the summer with my LO, she was born in July, almost made it to August like I wanted but she had a different plan in mind apparently! :haha: so haha mom!

My cycle just started a week ago so I'm still waiting to ovulate. We got married June 6th and when my period arrived after, DH decided to give the go ahead to TTC. :blush:

DS was actually due October 7, 2013 but he decided that he wanted to be a September baby and came at exactly 38 weeks instead. It's funny when some babies decide to be born, isn't it? :haha:

I hope that we both get our :bfp: this month and get to join the March-Mallows 2016 thread together. My due date would be March 20th if I catch this cycle. What would yours be? :D

Same here! I'm so not thrilled about the 2WW. I was definitely a crazy woman with my LO lol. Google was my friend :dohh:
Mine was 2 days late! I was actually due July 28th! If only she could have waited an extra 2 days :haha: Are ya'll hoping for a girl or boy this time around? DH is hoping for a boy but I'm secretly hoping for another girl :shhh:

And my due date according to baby center will be March 24th! 4 days apart :flower::thumbup: that would be awesome! Needing some buddies! The 2WW gets pretty lonely and intense lol

Hello ladies!!

Hubby and I are also TTC #2. Our son will be 2 in September. Sadly it is taking a long time to conceive. June is our 10th cycle TTC and I am already having AF symptoms (cramping, irritability, bloating) so I am assuming this month will be a :bfn: It took us almost 2 years to conceive our son, but I had 3 miscarriages during that time so at least I knew things were working, I just couldn't get a sticky bean. My hubby will be going in next week to get his testosterone levels checked and if that comes back normal it is on to a sperm viability test. If we still don't have a BFP by our TTC 1 year mark I will have to get checked more thoroughly.
No one but us and my doctors know that we are TTC so I can't talk to anyone about my frustrations so this website is a life saver.

Anyway, good luck ladies!! Hopefully there is a baby for us all in the coming months! :dust::dust:

Hello ladies!!

Hubby and I are also TTC #2. Our son will be 2 in September. Sadly it is taking a long time to conceive. June is our 10th cycle TTC and I am already having AF symptoms (cramping, irritability, bloating) so I am assuming this month will be a :bfn: It took us almost 2 years to conceive our son, but I had 3 miscarriages during that time so at least I knew things were working, I just couldn't get a sticky bean. My hubby will be going in next week to get his testosterone levels checked and if that comes back normal it is on to a sperm viability test. If we still don't have a BFP by our TTC 1 year mark I will have to get checked more thoroughly.
No one but us and my doctors know that we are TTC so I can't talk to anyone about my frustrations so this website is a life saver.

Anyway, good luck ladies!! Hopefully there is a baby for us all in the coming months! :dust::dust:

Hello!! :) Hoping you have some luck this round too!! Darn AF :witch: she got me this month too!

I understand! It is so nice to be able to talk about TTC with you ladies. Sorry about your miscarriages, I too suffered one in December, even though we weren't trying then it was devastating :( my LO even told me "mommy you have baby in your tummy" so she knew and it broke my heart because she was excited too! Baby dust for everyone!!! Need that oprah meme lol for you, and you and you!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

You mean this meme right here? :winkwink:

https://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n340/Cinnamint_Candy/971ef0e62dd094aa3c30fd71f86c6e6cf6c999bea1ce99db6722c05a1e910a0a_zpsw8j9slp3.jpg

I'm sorry about your miscarriages ladies. I can't say that I understand your pain because the only pregnancy I've ever had resulted in a perfectly healthy baby boy but I really hope that you both get beautiful rainbow babies soon. :hugs:

YES that!!!!! haha

sticky bean's for us all!! So let's get pregnant ladies! :winkwink:
Are you ladies also worried for the 2WW? I am already crazy and I haven't even ovulated yet

I'm worried that I used the RepHresh for my sway too soon! I looked at a calendar and did so much math to get the timing right. I didn't have any spotting or bleeding at all when I used it this morning but then a little while after I noticed weird spotting. I haven't had a 7 day period in several years so I thought that since today was CD7 that it was safe to start my first applicator full today but now I'm worried that today may have actually been the last day of AF. They recommend not using RepHresh on your period and blood has a high pH level so now I'm worried that my pH level has been raised instead of lowered and that it's totally screwed up my sway for this month. I'm freaking out and think I may pick up some pH strips tomorrow for just in case. I only hope that I can find some. :nope:

Hi all! I'm new to all this TTC stuff as my DS was a complete surprise (he will be 5 in July). Here is where my confusion begins. My DH and I decided to start TTC June 4th. Everything that I'm reading online tells me that I should already know yes or no, going off of the fact that the 1st day of my last AF was May 6th. I keep getting BFN but no AF either :shrug: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much. :hug: & :dust:

Hi all! I'm new to all this TTC stuff as my DS was a complete surprise (he will be 5 in July). Here is where my confusion begins. My DH and I decided to start TTC June 4th. Everything that I'm reading online tells me that I should already know yes or no, going off of the fact that the 1st day of my last AF was May 6th. I keep getting BFN but no AF either :shrug: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much. :hug: & :dust:

Hi welcome! Sometimes you can get BFN result and still be pregnant but the hormones just aren't high enough yet to be detected. I would say go to your dr and get a blood test! Then they can get a better look and see if you have any of the HCG hormone that grows during pregnancy. They may even do an ultrasound to see what's going on in your baby maker! Baby dust to you!

I'm worried that I used the RepHresh for my sway too soon! I looked at a calendar and did so much math to get the timing right. I didn't have any spotting or bleeding at all when I used it this morning but then a little while after I noticed weird spotting. I haven't had a 7 day period in several years so I thought that since today was CD7 that it was safe to start my first applicator full today but now I'm worried that today may have actually been the last day of AF. They recommend not using RepHresh on your period and blood has a high pH level so now I'm worried that my pH level has been raised instead of lowered and that it's totally screwed up my sway for this month. I'm freaking out and think I may pick up some pH strips tomorrow for just in case. I only hope that I can find some. :nope:

I don't know much about swaying! But I hope everything works out for the best for ya lady :thumbup: let me know how it's going, we may even sway too :winkwink:

Thanks, I hope it does too! Well the weird spotting has stopped today and my next applicator full is due on the 23rd. I'll probably O on either the 27th or 28th if my cycle is 28 days like it has been.

Thanks, I have a gut feeling that I am but no proof ( :BFN: ) to back it up lol. Is it possible that I'm just testing too early?

Hello Ladies can I join in? I'm in similar situation. I'm TTC #2 first month trying I'm 3dpo but very doubtful that I conceived as I had hardly any ewcm and we only DTD 2 days before o and 5 days before o. It also took me 9 cycles 1st try and my cycles are lloooong anywhere from 35 to 55 days. Very hard to keep track! Are any of u ladies in ur 2ww? I also would love a march baby!!!

Hi ladies!! This is our second month TTC #2. Tracy I am in the exact same boat as you - we only DTD 5 and 2 days before O as well. I guess there's a slim chance we caught the egg. I am now 7 DPO - when is everyone testing?

Welcome welcome both of you!!

Tracy, I am not yet in my 2WW :( I just got AF on the 18th, so I've got until the 1st to ovulate, according to fertility friend! :growlmad: so I've still got a while lol baby dust to you!!

Hal423, my next expected period is due July 16th give or take a few days, this is my first month off the pill so hoping it'll still work!! I will be testing on 16th ....maybe 14th? :winkwink: worried to test too early though!! What about everyone else?

Ahhh!! If all of us get our March babies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->