• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New here! TTC #2 anyone else?

Thanks so much hal for your advice I feel a lot better. Although i doubt I am a this month as boobs are sore pretty sure AF is on her wicked way!! Hal keep updating us with ur darkening bfps so happy!! Aww baby mabey I'm sorry hopefully next month is ur month. Baby dust to u all. Xxxx

Ladies, I've never used OPK's before, I tried one today and I got a faint line in both windows. Does this mean I'm fertile right now?! Or soon?

Babymabey, sorry that your TTC journey has been a struggle. Good luck with the tests and I hope that you don't have to wait another year to start TTC again. :hugs:
Have you considered abstaining until your positive OPK? Frequent :sex: lowers sperm count so especially if he has problems with his count already then if you have him abstain for at least a week before your positive OPK then you can either BD then or wait until O day itself to BD. I've also heard really good things about the SMEP method for getting pregnant quickly.

Tracy you never know! Sore boobs were an AF symptom for me before I got pregnant with DS and I definitely still had them when I was pregnant. Everything was literally exactly the same as it was for normal AF cycles. The only thing that tipped me off to test was that I had all of the AF symptoms yet was 5 days late. I was never late, when I had the sore boobs I always knew that AF was coming. Don't count yourself out yet! :dust:

Bombshellmom, could you take a picture of your OPK for us? Also what brand are you using? Ideally your control line should always be dark but since LH is always present in your system your test line could possibly always look faint until you get your surge. Some women get a blank test line but usually there is at least a faint line throughout your cycle. As you get closer to your surge (you generally O 12 to 24 hours after your surge) the test line will start to look darker. When your test is positive (when you've hit your surge) the test line will look either equally as dark or darker than the control line. Be leery of some test brands though. Some will never look positive or always look positive. Wondfos are the most reliable cheapie brand from what I've gathered. I bought AccuMed tests from Amazon because they are cheaper than Wondfos and had better customer reviews and so far they seem like a good brand. My test line today was considerably darker than it has been since I started testing. It wasn't positive of course, but it certainly appears to be getting there. I wouldn't be surprised if I get my positive OPK tomorrow or Saturday, right on time. :D

Here it is!!

Attachments

• opk1062515.jpg
    opk1062515.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks so much hal for your advice I feel a lot better. Although i doubt I am a this month as boobs are sore pretty sure AF is on her wicked way!! Hal keep updating us with ur darkening bfps so happy!! Aww baby mabey I'm sorry hopefully next month is ur month. Baby dust to u all. Xxxx

I agree with kalon, sore boobies were my first sign (along with nausea at night and heartburn) do they feel any bigger? Don't count yourself out yet!! :winkwink:

Babymabey, sorry that your TTC journey has been a struggle. Good luck with the tests and I hope that you don't have to wait another year to start TTC again. :hugs:
Have you considered abstaining until your positive OPK? Frequent :sex: lowers sperm count so especially if he has problems with his count already then if you have him abstain for at least a week before your positive OPK then you can either BD then or wait until O day itself to BD. I've also heard really good things about the SMEP method for getting pregnant quickly.

Tracy you never know! Sore boobs were an AF symptom for me before I got pregnant with DS and I was definitely still had them when I was pregnant. Everything we literally exactly the same as it was for normal AF cycles. The only thing that tipped me off to test was that I had all of the AF symptoms yet was 5 days late. I was never late, when I had the sore boobs I always knew that AF was coming. Don't count yourself out yet! :dust:

Bombshellmom, could you take a picture of your OPK for us? Also what brand are you using? Ideally your control line should always be dark but since LH is always present in your system your test line could possibly always look faint until you get your surge. Some women get a blank test line but usually there is at least a faint line throughout your cycle. As you get closer to your surge (you generally O 12 to 24 hours after your surge) the test line will start to look darker. When your test is positive (when you've hit your surge) the test line will look either equally as dark or darker than the control line. Be leery of some test brands though. Some will never look positive or always look positive. Wondfos are the most reliable cheapie brand from what I've gathered. I bought AccuMed tests from Amazon because they are cheaper than Wondfos and had better customer reviews and so far they seem like a good brand. My test line today was considerably darker than it has been since I started testing. It wasn't positive of course, but it certainly appears to be getting there. I wouldn't be surprised if I get my positive OPK tomorrow or Saturday, right on time. :D

You get that egg girl!! 3 more days until your O!!!! :happydance:

According to FF I only have 2 more days until O but everything else suggests 3 days, so we'll see when I get my positive OPK I suppose!

I've definitely been showing signs of fertility the last couple of days. I always gets really horny (sorry TMI) and start to produce more CM when I'm fertile. We managed to BD today and yesterday. I'm really hoping that DH doesn't get burned out before I get my positive OPK!

I only get partially/cloudy EWCM so I had to lie on FF about my CM to have them count me as being in my fertile period. I know that I am, I'm showing all of the signs and my OPKs are getting darker but for whatever reason they don't count it unless you have EWCM listed. :roll:

Yea they do feel bigger but again its an AF sign for me when I was in my tww with number 1 my fist sign was that my boobs weren't sore lol. Well I caved and tested at 8dpo haha and bfn as u would expect. But not really counting anything till 10dpo! That opk bombshell isn't quite positive the line has to be as dark or darker than the other one! But its nearly there I would say a day or 2!! Maybe test twice a day now tho as well. I had to do that to make sure I caught o! Xx

https://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n340/Cinnamint_Candy/20150626_091218_zpsdrzft9gz.jpg

This morning's test was definitely positive! :happydance:
I'm not going to count it until I confirm it with another test this afternoon though. I'm planning to test again around 2:00 pm. The first test was taken at 9:00 am with FMU (hence why I want to confirm it with another test since it could be a false positive). I'm excited though, if this really is my surge then it's right on time according to FF. :bunny:

Yay! Go catch that egg Kalonkiki!

I am feeling pretty disappointed this morning. My temp dropped and my test is lighter than yesterday's so I'm pretty sure this is a chemical :(
I'm never testing early again!

I'm sorry Hal, so many :hug: for you. I've known lots of women that had a chemical and then got their sticky bean the very next cycle though so FXed for you! :hugs:

We used the SMEP to get pregnant with our son (it took us almost 2 years with him, but has 2 miscarriages to at least let us know that things were working, just not sticking). My doc and recent research actually shows that abstaining can affect motility and viability of :spermy:, in order to keep it healthy and the count up you want to :sex: at least twice a week. After AF stops (which thankfully only lasts 3-4 days) we try to DTD every 2-3 days, then we DTD every day from CD 12-16.
Hopefully we get his test results back quickly so we will know what we have to work with when I O next.

Good luck! I hope you get pregnant soon after you figure out what you need to do. :thumbup:

I'm itching to POAS again, but I really need to wait until 2:00 pm. We just BDed for (probably) the last time this fertile half of the cycle. I think 3 days straight is about all DH can handle and I'm afraid to get any closer to O since I'm positive that DS was an O day baby. I'd rather have it take longer to get pregnant anyway if it means that I get my :pink: bundle this time. It's not the end of the world if we don't get pregnant this cycle. I'm only going to start to worry if we don't get pregnant in the first 6 cycles.

Yay! Go catch that egg Kalonkiki!

I am feeling pretty disappointed this morning. My temp dropped and my test is lighter than yesterday's so I'm pretty sure this is a chemical :(
I'm never testing early again!

It's ok hal! :hugs: I just had a chemical pregnancy (doc said it was) I had gotten a faint positive 2 times and when I went to the doctor AF came and the blood test was even BFN. But here's to us!! New cycle! :thumbup: Maybe we will both get our sticky bean's!!

Thank you all for your support! I've never had a chemical before so not sure when AF is gonna show. Just wanna get it over with and move on to next month.

Bombshell, did your dr. Have any idea why it happened? Was it low progesterone? I'm wondering if I should go get checked. I just moved across the country so don't have an OB here yet.

I think chemical pregnancies mostly just occur randomly under normal circumstances and do not affect a woman's ability to conceive a healthy baby. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you end up having multiple chemical pregnancies or miscarriages in a row. For most women it's a random one time occurrence, these things just happen sometimes. I really hope that you get a sticky bean this coming cycle. :hugs:

I tested again at around 2:00 pm, it was another positive. The first one had a darker test line than control line but with this one the lines were pretty even. It looks like my surge started this morning and now it's starting to calm down. I'm testing again this evening between 6-8 pm and I'm fully expecting it to be negative.

Aww no hal!! I'm sorry!! I still have my fingers crossed for u!! Go get that egg now kalonkiki! Im 9dpo tomorrow and doing an ic, and Sunday a frer ...... Quickly becoming obsessed lol. Xx

Thank you all for your support! I've never had a chemical before so not sure when AF is gonna show. Just wanna get it over with and move on to next month.

Bombshell, did your dr. Have any idea why it happened? Was it low progesterone? I'm wondering if I should go get checked. I just moved across the country so don't have an OB here yet.

She told me that it was just a random thing that happens like Kalonkiki said! I thought maybe it was because I was on the pill (just stopped so this is technically our first month ttc) but my faint positive was what made us want to conceive! But she also said that your chances of becoming pregnant soon after are high after a chemical pregnancy much like when you have a mc!! So that's exciting! Wishing the both of us luck for a new sticky bean :)

Aww no hal!! I'm sorry!! I still have my fingers crossed for u!! Go get that egg now kalonkiki! Im 9dpo tomorrow and doing an ic, and Sunday a frer ...... Quickly becoming obsessed lol. Xx

You're getting so close!!! Hopefully the witch doesn't show for ya!! :happydance: let us know ASAP!

It still seems so far!! Will keep you'd updates. Superly big hugs hal. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"