New kids on the block! all welcome!! 7 bfps so far!!

Hi everyone,

I am new here, first time poster! DH and I just started trying for #1 and I am very excited. Sorry to hear you are feeling ignored- I have had that happen on several forums so I am giving here a try :) Well hopefully we can all connect and help each other out or at least relate :)

Welcome!! And congrats on TTC! This has been a pretty good thread so far! I think a big issue is too many people are on one thread, I have been on one where there are probably 30 different women posting on there and it kinda gets confusing! You forget who is testing when and who has gotten their BFP and all of that. (Don't worry, this one isn't too packed yet, so we're happy you joined!)

So, it is your first month! Are you doing OPK's or any charting yet?

HI! Sorry to hear you are having crappy weather in Minnesotta! We are in NJ and it is okay here... just cold! I am hoping for no snow! We need the reprieve here after the hurricane! Do you have anything to make Christmas cookies at home? I know its not the same but maybe something to keep your mind off the weather and being home? Fingers X'd DH gets home safe!!!

It is our first month- I am not charting with temp because I forgot (duh!) and didnt want to start mid-cycle so next month for sure if this one doesnt work out! I am doing an OPK but I am not too confident, I have a lot of the signs of ovulation but have been getting negatives so far but I am going to stick it out.

PS> Your wedding pic is beautiful!

Yeah, I have some stuff, probably not enough to make good ones! I would definitely have to run to Target (which would give me an excuse to go to Starbucks, so maybe that is not such a bad idea!) We have gotten about 4 inches so far and expecting another 8 with blizzard like conditions. : ( At least it is Sunday so I have nothing to do other than watch the Vikings get their asses kicked. : ( haha

I didn't chart our first month either, wasn't really sure how to do it, so like you, I will start next month if this month isn't a BFP. I didn't know about half of the stuff until I came on here. I had heard of BBT before, but it confused me, still kinda does. I will have to do some more research!
What issues are you having with OPK's?

Yeah, you guys really do not need the snow! Were you affected by the hurricane at all? It was horrible to see everything on the t.v. I cannot imagine what it is like to have gone through that! Mother nature can be really nasty sometimes!

*Thank you! We got married in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace so we got a bunch of really cool pics. : )

hi gals, a little vent, if you please. i'm very frustrated at my body - i had a pos opk a few days ago with all good signs for Ov'ing.... and now no temp rise. even had a *fake* rise the first day... it's happened before, where my body gears up to Ov, and then doesnt, but it's really really frustrating to get all that bd in and then pfft, no ov. so i'm not sure what to think, gonna have to keep bd until i see the shift, AND buy more opks, grrr.... i'm just down about it. it will probably mean that i get my period on CHristmas day. awesome.

Yeah, I have some stuff, probably not enough to make good ones! I would definitely have to run to Target (which would give me an excuse to go to Starbucks, so maybe that is not such a bad idea!) We have gotten about 4 inches so far and expecting another 8 with blizzard like conditions. : ( At least it is Sunday so I have nothing to do other than watch the Vikings get their asses kicked. : ( haha

[/QUOTE]
I didn't chart our first month either, wasn't really sure how to do it, so like you, I will start next month if this month isn't a BFP. I didn't know about half of the stuff until I came on here. I had heard of BBT before, but it confused me, still kinda does. I will have to do some more research!

Yeah, you guys really do not need the snow! Were you affected by the hurricane at all? It was horrible to see everything on the t.v. I cannot imagine what it is like to have gone through that! Mother nature can be really nasty sometimes!

*Thank you! We got married in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace so we got a bunch of really cool pics. : )[/QUOTE]

MM Starbucks- speaking of, what is the verdict on Caffeine and TTC? I know it is not recommended in excess during pregnancy but what about when trying? I have cut down to only 1 cup/day but I was just wondering.

I live at the Jersey shore about 1/2 block from the ocean so our house got some water and the local area/boardwalk were destroyed or at least are missing chunks- but overall I really cant complain. We were able to stay with some family and were able to correct the water damage and get back home relatively quickly, compared to many others so I am just happy that we were MOSTLY spared :)

The OPK just keeps coming up negative but I am fairly confident by all other signs that I O'ed. However, some other charts say it should be sometime this week ( sorry TMI) so I am going to keep testing and see what happens. This is my first time around so I guess I am still learning the whole deal. We will see what happens- As much as I want a BFP this time around, I am not stressing on it just yet, I know it can take months :)

Honey, depending on your pregnancy/ttc and your dr, caffeine in limited amounts seems to be ok by most standards. my gf who is now 22 weeks has 1 cup per day. (she is having a low-risk, healthy pregnancy with no other complications, fyi)

hi gals, a little vent, if you please. i'm very frustrated at my body - i had a pos opk a few days ago with all good signs for Ov'ing.... and now no temp rise. even had a *fake* rise the first day... it's happened before, where my body gears up to Ov, and then doesnt, but it's really really frustrating to get all that bd in and then pfft, no ov. so i'm not sure what to think, gonna have to keep bd until i see the shift, AND buy more opks, grrr.... i'm just down about it. it will probably mean that i get my period on CHristmas day. awesome.

Sorry to hear HWPG. Hang in there! I know it's tough but try not to stress over it. I am with you and AF is due on Xmas day for me too, unless I get a BFP, so we will be waiting together. Are you judging that you are not O'ing by the temperature change ( still new, trying to figure this out).

Fingers X'ed for you. Hugs and baby dust!

I have never tried tracking BBT, so I am really not sure! I am pretty confused by it all to be honest. Does your temp spike then drop before O? Or drop then spike? If you are getting pos on OPK's, I would be under the assumption that you are OV. I don't know what is more accurate..BBT or OPK's. I would assume that the OPK's are more reliable, but what do I know? This is my first month!

yes, by temp. i have a pretty clear before O temp (~97) and after O temp (~97.5 or higher). so waking up to 97 and 96.8... i know something is up. plus, still have fertile cm (i think)... but neg opks after that first positive one.... so going to buy some more and keeping testing 2x per day. told OH that he is back on demand, hehehe.

I wonder the same thing about coffee. I drink A LOT of coffee, probably too much, but I try to only drink in the AM then drink water for the rest of the day. I have heard mixed things about it affecting fertility, but I know once I get the BFP, I will probably try and limit myself to one cup a day then have decaf for the rest of the day/morning. I think every doc will tell you different things. I have heard cut it out completely and one or two cups a day is fine, so who knows!

bbt are most accurate; you can have an LH surge without Ov'ing. only the temp shift (rise in progesterone) can confirm ovulation. it's not really that uncommon to have a surge that doesnt result in O, or higher LH during different times of day/times in cycle... but still very frustrating. i was literally dancing around the house when i saw the smiley face! feel like i let me and OH down when it doesnt really happen. silly, but real.

re: bbt - it's not really about hte numbers, or spikes and drops, it is MUCH more about the pattern - lower, then higher. you will of course see some ups and down for each day, but what you really want to see is low before Ov, then high. you can see the pattern on myu charts, even though there are spikes and dips.

*Thank you! We got married in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace so we got a bunch of really cool pics. : )[/QUOTE]

MM Starbucks- speaking of, what is the verdict on Caffeine and TTC? I know it is not recommended in excess during pregnancy but what about when trying? I have cut down to only 1 cup/day but I was just wondering.

I live at the Jersey shore about 1/2 block from the ocean so our house got some water and the local area/boardwalk were destroyed or at least are missing chunks- but overall I really cant complain. We were able to stay with some family and were able to correct the water damage and get back home relatively quickly, compared to many others so I am just happy that we were MOSTLY spared :)

The OPK just keeps coming up negative but I am fairly confident by all other signs that I O'ed. However, some other charts say it should be sometime this week ( sorry TMI) so I am going to keep testing and see what happens. This is my first time around so I guess I am still learning the whole deal. We will see what happens- As much as I want a BFP this time around, I am not stressing on it just yet, I know it can take months :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, you guys were really lucky! How cool that you live so close to the shore! I love the ocean. : ) but, I guess 10,000 lakes will have to suffice.
: )

How many days into your cycle are you?

I'm probably getting mine the day we travel for Christmas... The 23rd. How nice. Here's to hoping we don't get it, instead get a bfp!

bought more opks. def dtd tonight, and as many more nights as we can. geesh. :p

I wonder the same thing about coffee. I drink A LOT of coffee, probably too much, but I try to only drink in the AM then drink water for the rest of the day. I have heard mixed things about it affecting fertility, but I know once I get the BFP, I will probably try and limit myself to one cup a day then have decaf for the rest of the day/morning. I think every doc will tell you different things. I have heard cut it out completely and one or two cups a day is fine, so who knows!

I do this too, I have one short latte (6 oz) with one shot espresso in the morning made at home. It has 75 mg of caffeine in it. That's the only caffeine I have during the day. Sometimes I alternate caffeine/decaf day by day. What do y'all think about caffeine (<200 mg/day) and ttc? It seems the jury's hung on the topic?

Honeyangel831 – Im glad you found us!! :hugs: It’s a very exciting time. Im still excited even though we are a few months in now. Its my first month getting proper help to address the PCOS so I feel like we’re starting fresh this month

SMGP – Im in Ireland. We don’t really get extreme weather here, but when we do the whole country shuts down as we are not set up for it! Yep, this is my first round of clomid. Im excited as I feel we are starting fresh! Ive also heard twins are more likely (that would not be my first choice)Did you do any baking in the end?
As for your boobs being sore, I would take it as a good sign..without getting too excited if that’s possible. You don’t want to get your hopes up. When are you going to test?? Im a POAS ADDICT:wacko:!! Or at least I have been since August, but Im going to try control myself this month!

HWPG- that’s very annoying!! I know exactly how you feel. According to opks I ovulated 3 times last cycle, its more likely that I never ovulated at all. We were having so much sex we were sick of each other!! Lol.
p.s, what does HWPG stand for??

AFM: Im thrilled AF arrived properly today at last. the spotting since friday was really annoying me. I can finally call cd1 and start my clomid. not looking forward to the side effects, but it'll be all worth it!
My OH cant get in for his SA until January, so I arrived home from work an hour ago to learn he had taken a home test today! Ive been making fun of him for having "fun on his own" :haha: According to the home test all is well. we'll just have to wait for the real thing in January to be sure.

Im going to add you lovely ladies to the front page so we can watch our collection of :bfp: grow over the next month or two :happydance:

I do this too, I have one short latte (6 oz) with one shot espresso in the morning made at home. It has 75 mg of caffeine in it. That's the only caffeine I have during the day. Sometimes I alternate caffeine/decaf day by day. What do y'all think about caffeine (<200 mg/day) and ttc? It seems the jury's hung on the topic?

I wonder about this a lot. I have heard everything on each end of the spectrum.I cut it down to 1 cup of hot tea with caffeine and 2 cups of decaf per day. I am going to check with my Dr. when I go but this seems okay for now. If anyone else knows anything I would love to hear it.

ready2Bemum- Thanks! I am very happy to be here!!! Good luck with the PCOS treatment, it must feel good to at least know you are finally being treated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->