New kids on the block! all welcome!! 7 bfps so far!!

Hi! Thanks readymum, I was thinking I was crazy! And it was the smiley ones, so I know it wasn't a line I was hoping was dark. I am still doing opks... Twice a day... And HWPG stands for 'hoping, wishing, praying, googling' - 'cause it's pretty much all I do now!
For the others, I go by what I said before: one cup a day is probably fine. I don't plan on stopping while preggers unless my body says no, and def still drinking coffee in the morning now. Yum, I love coffee!

I would still act as if you O'd just incase!! plenty of :sex:...if nothing else, practice makes perfect!! :winkwink:

Im sitting on the couch actually enjoying my cramps!! :haha: I waited so long for them this cycle!

Honeyangel831 – Im glad you found us!! :hugs: It’s a very exciting time. Im still excited even though we are a few months in now. Its my first month getting proper help to address the PCOS so I feel like we’re starting fresh this month

SMGP – Im in Ireland. We don’t really get extreme weather here, but when we do the whole country shuts down as we are not set up for it! Yep, this is my first round of clomid. Im excited as I feel we are starting fresh! Ive also heard twins are more likely (that would not be my first choice)Did you do any baking in the end?
As for your boobs being sore, I would take it as a good sign..without getting too excited if that’s possible. You don’t want to get your hopes up. When are you going to test?? Im a POAS ADDICT:wacko:!! Or at least I have been since August, but Im going to try control myself this month!

HWPG- that’s very annoying!! I know exactly how you feel. According to opks I ovulated 3 times last cycle, its more likely that I never ovulated at all. We were having so much sex we were sick of each other!! Lol.
p.s, what does HWPG stand for??

AFM: Im thrilled AF arrived properly today at last. the spotting since friday was really annoying me. I can finally call cd1 and start my clomid. not looking forward to the side effects, but it'll be all worth it!
My OH cant get in for his SA until January, so I arrived home from work an hour ago to learn he had taken a home test today! Ive been making fun of him for having "fun on his own" :haha: According to the home test all is well. we'll just have to wait for the real thing in January to be sure.

Im going to add you lovely ladies to the front page so we can watch our collection of :bfp: grow over the next month or two :happydance:

Wow you are so lucky you don't get this crap here...it is awful. Some people love it, I hate it!
Exciting you got AF! Start thos opk's soon and hope for the best!

hi gals, a little vent, if you please. i'm very frustrated at my body - i had a pos opk a few days ago with all good signs for Ov'ing.... and now no temp rise. even had a *fake* rise the first day... it's happened before, where my body gears up to Ov, and then doesnt, but it's really really frustrating to get all that bd in and then pfft, no ov. so i'm not sure what to think, gonna have to keep bd until i see the shift, AND buy more opks, grrr.... i'm just down about it. it will probably mean that i get my period on CHristmas day. awesome.

I'm probably getting mine the day we travel for Christmas... The 23rd. How nice. Here's to hoping we don't get it, instead get a bfp!

When are you going to test?

I will test 16 days after I see a temp shift/confirm O. I *thought* it was going to be the 21st. Dammit. :) now, I wait... I will let you all know when I know.

I have a stupid question! So, since probably 2-3 days after O, my boobs have been sooooooooo sore!!!!! AF isn't due until the 17-19th and they usually get sore 4-6 days before AF (Even when I was on BC) I think December (possibly November ) was my first month O'ing since I got of BC...is this normal for them to hurt this bad from a few days after O? I know after you O, progesterone is released and that can sometimes cause sore boobs and symptoms that mock pregnancy, but I have never had it this early in my cycle! I am 7-8 DPO now.
When DH and I were BD'ing last night he went to get frisky with them (Sorry, TMI) and I said, nope, watch it with them! And he was like oh, great, you're going to get it in a few days now! (he is clueless about my cycle but knows my boobs get sore a few days before AF) I am not even telling him about any symptoms or anything...want it to be a total surprise and don't want him to get his hopes up if I am not.

Hmmm... well I would say if it is not your "normal" that's probably a good sign! at least from what I've googled haha.
Fx'd!!!!

hi gals, a little vent, if you please. i'm very frustrated at my body - i had a pos opk a few days ago with all good signs for Ov'ing.... and now no temp rise. even had a *fake* rise the first day... it's happened before, where my body gears up to Ov, and then doesnt, but it's really really frustrating to get all that bd in and then pfft, no ov. so i'm not sure what to think, gonna have to keep bd until i see the shift, AND buy more opks, grrr.... i'm just down about it. it will probably mean that i get my period on CHristmas day. awesome.

:hugs: xoxoox

I have a stupid question! So, since probably 2-3 days after O, my boobs have been sooooooooo sore!!!!! AF isn't due until the 17-19th and they usually get sore 4-6 days before AF (Even when I was on BC) I think December (possibly November ) was my first month O'ing since I got of BC...is this normal for them to hurt this bad from a few days after O? I know after you O, progesterone is released and that can sometimes cause sore boobs and symptoms that mock pregnancy, but I have never had it this early in my cycle! I am 7-8 DPO now.
When DH and I were BD'ing last night he went to get frisky with them (Sorry, TMI) and I said, nope, watch it with them! And he was like oh, great, you're going to get it in a few days now! (he is clueless about my cycle but knows my boobs get sore a few days before AF) I am not even telling him about any symptoms or anything...want it to be a total surprise and don't want him to get his hopes up if I am not.

Hmmm... well I would say if it is not your "normal" that's probably a good sign! at least from what I've googled haha.
Fx'd!!!!

Haha. I have been googling it too but I know some women have sore boobs from o til af. If that is the case for me, I do not know how I can handle any more tww like this!

Haha...Americans are crazy about their coffee!! I was there for the first time last January...Starbucks EVERYWHERE!!! :haha: I'm not sure we even have Starbucks in Ireland!
It's all tea here! Tea makes everything better :)

Morning ladies! Temp still low here and opk more neg than yesterday. I will probably test with opks until I get my period. But wemdtd last night, so cheers to that. How's everyone else?

Haha...Americans are crazy about their coffee!! I was there for the first time last January...Starbucks EVERYWHERE!!! :haha: I'm not sure we even have Starbucks in Ireland!
It's all tea here! Tea makes everything better :)

Hahahahahaha. We are all very coffee crazy! I couldn't live without Starbucks! Although, I did cut back on it. Too many calories and over 5 bucks for a large! I was spending over 100 bucks a month on Starbucks! Ridiculous!! hahaha

Morning ladies! Temp still low here and opk more neg than yesterday. I will probably test with opks until I get my period. But wemdtd last night, so cheers to that. How's everyone else?

Can you explain the whole temp thing to me? Does it rise then drop then you O? Or does it stay high? I am so confused by all of the temping stuff!

hi smpg, i will do my best. basically, estrogen controls the first half of your cycle, and progesterone the second half, even though both are present throughout the whole cycle. progesterone causes a rise in your basal body temp (BBT). you can have some highs and lows in the cycle, depending on the balance between the hormones. for example, as you gear up to Ov, you get not just a rise in LH, but also a peak in estrogen, then a sharp dip in estrogen. some doctors believe that "mid-cycle spotting" can be due to a dip in estrogen right before ovulation, coinciding with the rise in progesterone, which lets a little of your lining slough off. the global trend that you are looking for is a bi-phasic pattern - lower temps in the first part of your cycle, and higher temps in the second half. you are looking for a difference of 0.4 F or more. def check out my charts, you can nicely see where i Ov'd and the shift in temp. i also stuck a link in that has a graph of the hormones over the cycle. please let me know if any of that helped, or if you would like more info - i'm full of it! ;)
https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ovulationcycle.html

sorry, a little more: progesterone is the hormone that gets your lining ready/spongy for implantation, and is secreted by the corpus luetem, the empty follicle where the egg was expelled. if you become preggers, the placenta takes over progesterone production, hence why your BBT stays elevated after pregnancy.

Morning Ladies!!! I finally got my positive opk this morning but now I am confused. We Bd'ed yesterday and will tomorrow. Last SA showed dh's counts were a little low so we are going with the every other day method. Do you think that's right or should we bd every day during this period even if his count is low- I'm confused.....:wacko:

How is everyone else?

hi smpg, i will do my best. basically, estrogen controls the first half of your cycle, and progesterone the second half, even though both are present throughout the whole cycle. progesterone causes a rise in your basal body temp (BBT). you can have some highs and lows in the cycle, depending on the balance between the hormones. for example, as you gear up to Ov, you get not just a rise in LH, but also a peak in estrogen, then a sharp dip in estrogen. some doctors believe that "mid-cycle spotting" can be due to a dip in estrogen right before ovulation, coinciding with the rise in progesterone, which lets a little of your lining slough off. the global trend that you are looking for is a bi-phasic pattern - lower temps in the first part of your cycle, and higher temps in the second half. you are looking for a difference of 0.4 F or more. def check out my charts, you can nicely see where i Ov'd and the shift in temp. i also stuck a link in that has a graph of the hormones over the cycle. please let me know if any of that helped, or if you would like more info - i'm full of it! ;)

I know I didn't ask but thanks!!! That is a great explanation!

Morning Ladies!!! I finally got my positive opk this morning but now I am confused. We Bd'ed yesterday and will tomorrow. Last SA showed dh's counts were a little low so we are going with the every other day method. Do you think that's right or should we bd every day during this period even if his count is low- I'm confused.....:wacko:

How is everyone else?

you should def get a couple opinions on this, but i think you want to do it the day of and the day after positive opk. not sure if counts are low, though....

Thank you! Yeah, I knew about the progesterone rise around the time of O and all of that, I just wasn't sure about temping. If I don't get my BFP this month, I wanted to start temping next month and wasn't sure what I should be looking for. Rise in BBT or drop in BBT around O..so what I see is that around O, your BBT rises...? Correct? I did OPK's this month and they worked, I got two days of very positive ones when all the ovulation prediction things online said I should be O'ing. Thanks for your help!!

How is everyone else?

you should def get a couple opinions on this, but i think you want to do it the day of and the day after positive opk. not sure if counts are low, though....

I would ask your doc. (Or his doc). I am not sure what they recommend with low counts. Or, do as I would do and google it! haha
I did google it and this is what I found!

******One study of about 3,000 men looked at sperm motility and morphology (shape) in relation to the number of days they abstained from sex. They found that in men with low sperm counts, peak sperm motility occurred after one day of abstinence. The peak sperm morphology occurred after zero to two days of abstinence.

*******For men with normal sperm counts, sperm health was significantly decreased after 10 days of abstinence.

*******To keep your sperm in tip-top shape, you should try to have sex at least twice a week, and not only around the time of ovulation.
Hope this helps! :spermy::spermy::spermy:

yep, bbt rises after O. the day BEFORE the temp rise is O day. the day after, the egg has already been released. (that's why i'm being a little neurotic about bd-ing right now, i should have had a rise, but since my temps are still low... i'm like wth body? and then i'm like, "OH, get in here!" :haha: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->