Newbie!! TTC on clomid CD4 would love a buddie

Hmm I must admit Im not an FF expert as I dont temp but that sounds a bit confusing. At least you have your blood test Monday to confirm. FX'd for good results!

Im feeling fine but a bit impatient grr! I wish there was a way of finding out how long it was going to take or maybe a little window in your tummy so you could see what was going on! Not really feeling that positive or negative this month - just impatient to know!

Ha ha, I can imagine... just try to hang in there! :thumbup:

What do you ladies know about a fallback rise? I've just read a thread about it and now I'm wondering if I did, in fact, O on CD14 as I initially thought :wacko:

(I took away all the negative opks and FF has given me definite lines now!)

Hi Ladies thankyou for all your well wishes!! The scan was eventaully a positive experience but the consultant was an absolute nightmare really uninterested and wanted to be in/out very quick. We didn't get off to the best start as he was trying to put probe in wrong hole LMAO! Then we very quickly saw the sac and to me it looked empty vue heart sank so i said can you see anything - no answer complete silence in room i was convinced it was all over. Then i saw a glimse of something, he then spoke for the first time asking me to empty my bladder again and when i went back in he said oh much better a definate heart beat measuring at 6 weeks PHEW what a relief and you could see it flikering there - he didnt offer to put sound on and as he wasn't particually friendly i didn't ask!! He then walkewd out....i chased him to ask for a photo cue look of disgust on his face and a yes i suppose we can print u a copy GRRRRRRRRR such horrid experince but a FAB result healthy hb YAY!!

Hope you are all ok?

Quite often u get dotted chairs if you enter watery cm after o....or if something is conflicting ie a pos opk where it shou;dnt be etc GOOD LUCK ladies!

Yay Nimbec :happydance: thats the best news of today! Congratulations once again hun! Though I would say you could have done with a more friendly consultant.

Thanks yes niks i know luckily it seems he won't be my regular one its just they are on their honneymoon!!

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this site so I'll quickly give a bit of info about myself. DH and I have been ttc for just over one year now. I got my BFP in February 2012, but miscarried at 6w2d. After my miscarriage my body and hormones have been all over the map so my doc has prescribed me clomid. I just finished a cycle of provera to start AF, and I took my first dose of clomid this evening (50mg, cd 3-7). I'm super excited and also nervous - I just want it to work SO badly!! I do temp, but my charts have been nonsense lately because my cycles have been anovulatory. I will also be using opk's.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories and congratulations nimbec on your BFP and scan - that's so exciting!!!

Good luck and baby dust to all!!

Welcome JL1316! I am sorry you had to go through with all this :hugs:. I hope clomid will correct your cycle.

nimbec that is SUCH fantastic news!!! So so happy for you. Your stupid consultant sounds like an a-hole though you should complain! xxx

Welcome JL1636 :hi: Clomid can work wonders so I hope it does the trick for you.

8dpo and counting...thinking i might test on Tuesday as I will be 12dpo then...not feeling very positive though :shrug:

SG_Lady ... just think positive :hugs:.. The one time I got a bfp I was not having any sysmptoms so you never know.

AF finally decided to leave me alone today after 6 days... so I am all geared up for the fresh cycle. We are planning to follow SMEP this cycle.

Thanks Niks...yes I need to find my PMA!!! Ive lost it somewhere.

Yay for a fresh new cycle and for af going away!! And yay for smep. Are you going to start from cd8?

So glad its nearly the weekend ladies. We have a public holiday here on Monday but my stupid boss is making me work!!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I feel hopeful about starting Clomid so fingers crossed that it does the trick. One thing I noticed after I took my first pill last night was that I woke up in the middle of the night and was BOILING hot. My doc told me that hot flashes could be a side effect - has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I've done quite a bit of reading (maybe too much lol) on natural remedies to help correct your cycle, and was considering taking evening primrose oil with the clomid in case my cm does dry up. When I looked this up online though, I find a bunch of conflicting opinions about it - some saying it's good and others saying it counteracts the clomid. Has anyone asked their doc about this / are you ladies using any other supplements (other than prenatals) while taking the clomid (sorry if you've already discussed this earlier in the thread and I missed it!)

Yay Niks for the end of AF! I'm sending good vibes your way for this cycle!

SG_Lady - definitely try to stay positive! There are lots of women who don't have early symptoms or feel pregnant, but then end up with a BFP!

Question for the experts :) Im on cd 19. I took clomid cd5-9. I got + opk on cd 16 in the morning and in the evening. The next morning it was still + but the line was a little lighter. Yesterday evening it was very light. My temp went up this morning. Does that make yesterdaymy O date? Or would it be the day after I got the first + opk? Trying to decide if Im 1 dpo or 2 dpo. IF I even really ovulated. I really have no idea what my body does. I have pcos so have irregular periods. I've been on metformin for about 3 months now also and even with that my cycles were over 40 days long. This is my first round of clomid so dont know what my cycle will be. My dr just gave prescriptions, no monitoring. Any advice or insight would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Hi MnJ, I would say that you ovulated on cd18. From what I understand, ovulation usually occurs on the last day before your temperature rise. In addition, opk's measure your LH surge (which would have been the highest on cd16 when the line was the darkest), and most women will ovulate 24-48hrs after their LH surge - which fits your ov date on cd 18. My cycles are all over the place as well, but if both an opk and your bbt is indicating that you ovulated, then I would say that's probably a good indication that you did!! :)

Thank u so much for responding JL! I bd on cd16 & cd18. Hope that was enough! We were trying to do every other day to replenish his little guys lol. Had planned to tonight also but prbly missed it if Im 2dpo now...

Welcome JL! :flower: And hi ladies!

Re. Evening Primrose Oil, it works for some and not for others. My friend has severe PCOS and swears by it, but I noticed no difference and at worse, it made me miss a natural ovulation after a successful Clomid cycle :nope: I would honestly say just leave all the other stuff if you have Clomid and see first whether it works for you - if it does, I wouldn't mess with it :thumbup:

SG_Lady said:
So glad its nearly the weekend ladies. We have a public holiday here on Monday but my stupid boss is making me work!!

Argh, what? Kick him! :thumbup:

Thanks LKPone - I'm doing just that, and letting the Clomid do it's job before I throw anything else into the mix. This is only my first round, but sometimes it's hard not to get carried away trying to do EVERYTHING I can to get a BFP. I know have to slow down and let it happen! Hopefully this dose of Clomid will make me ov!!

MnJ - it sounds like your timing was good! I've got my fingers crossed for you! Now it's time for the super fun 2ww (note the sarcasm lol).

Hello Girlzzzz... Hows everyone today?

SG_Lady - did you poas yet?

LKPone - which dpo are you currently?

Hi ladies,

I did poas this morning and stared at it so long I got line eye... started to think I could see a line (and actually took the test apart!) but I think it was just a shadow so Im saying its a BFN :growlmad: I'm either 11 or 12 dpo... Im going to test again tomorrow.

Have you started SMEP yet Niks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->