Newbie!! TTC on clomid CD4 would love a buddie

JL1363 - in terms with trying to help with fertile cm on Clomid, my first 2 cycles I did notice I didnt have any ewcm so this cycle I started taking Robitussin (an expectorant cough medicine) from about cd 8 until o and also drinking grapefruit juice. It did seem to work as I noticed about 2 days of ewcm this cycle so Id recommend trying that combo!

After abt 18hrs break I started bleeding again on CD7 and it continued till CD8 so we cant start SMEP on CD8 as per the plan... bt we did bd yesterday and will continue bd'ing every other day.
BTW a question... what time do you guys do a ovulation test... I do it at 6 in the evening and I am not sure if its the right time... bt I am at office until 6.

BTW... SG_Lady it could be a really really faint line... so definitely test tomorrow and let us know.

I definitely will Niks! I hope it was a reallly reallly faint line but deep down I think it was really a BFN. Bah!

I think 6pm is a pretty good time to do your opks - I have heard the afternoon / evening is best between 2pm and 8pm so that sounds about right.

Niks, I'm 9DPO today, went for my 7DPO blood test yesterday, although it was actually 8DPO, because I couldn't have it done on Sunday, so we'll see. I know I ovulated, because I chart, so it's just a matter of the reading. Does anyone know what the number denotes? As in, what is the difference between someone who gets a reading of 50 (good) and a reading of 100 (very good) :wacko:

I do my opks with FMU and then again at about 7pm - that's just over 12 hours apart. :thumbup:

SG, oooohhh, exciting week for you!

As for me, my temp dipped slightly this morning, so if it dips again tomorrow, then AF is on her way - quite early though, so will have to keep any eye on it - I didn't have a problem with my luteul phase on my last Clomid cycle, so I hope it's just a little blip this morning and nothing to get concerned about. :winkwink: No symptoms at all - like, NONE! I had a sore tummy on Friday, although I can't really say that they were cramps even. Just a really dull ache. No spotting or sore boobs or anything. And with the family here, it's making the 2ww pass without too much angst, which I can only be grateful for! :thumbup:

LKPone, I have no symptoms either! I did get some brownish cm a couple of days ago but I got that last cycle too so dont think it means anything. Today I have started getting af type light cramps so I think the witch is getting ready to make an appearance!

When are you planning to test?

Because I chart, I don't really have a need to test. If my temp rises again after this little slump and stays elevated past my usual LP, then I'll maybe test on Tuesday next week, but other than that, I'll see AF coming about a day in advance! :wacko:

Hi all,

I just finished my last dose of Clomid last night (cd7), so now I'm just sitting, waiting, and wishing for O.

I have a question to all the ladies who chart - I've been charting since right after my m/c in early March, but all my cycles since have been anovulatory, so charts are always wacky and all over the place. I know that your bbt rises once you O due to the progesterone released, which is why you see the spike on your chart. My question is, I have taken Provera (progesterone supplement) (5mg) twice in the past in order to jump start AF, and both times the supplement didn't cause a jump in my temps. I expected it to look like I had O'ed cuz of the rise in progeterone from the pills, but it didn't. I'm wondering if it's possible that my body doesn't react to progesterone in a normal way, or if maybe the dose wasn't high enough to cause a bbt increase. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm a little worried that if I do O on Clomid that my bbt won't reflect that and I might miss it.

And thanks for the advice SG_Lady! Hopefully you're seeing a faint line and will get a more concrete BFP soon!!!

GL to all who are waiting to test!!!

Hi JL

Have a look at my chart from the 2nd April cycle - I took Provera from CD46-51. You'll see a spike, but then it doesn't really look any different to the rest of that cycle, which was anovulatory too, so I also didn't see a massive spike in temps. :shrug: So I think you're fine not seeing a huge rise. :thumbup:

How is everyone today? My temp is on a gradual downward slope, so I think AF will show her face any day now. :nope:

LKPone - keep the faith - your temp hasnt gone below the cover line so you are definitely still in with a chance!

I tested again last night - BFN :grr: but didnt test again this morning. I have noticed my cervix is really high though and has been for the last couple of days which is unusual for me before af - normally it is very low around this time. AF not due for a few more days yet though - expecting the hag to show up on Fri/Sat.

I have decided I am going to temp next month as I will be having a 1 month break from Clomid so Ill need all the help tracking my cycle I can get!

How's everyone else doing?

LKPone - You are not out till the witch arrives and same goes for you SG_Lady

I have finished clomid and waiting to ovulate. I am not sure this cycle is normal though as first I had a week of AF and then my temps also dont look right to me.

SG, maybe there won't be a next cycle! :thumbup:

Niks, your temps look fine to me, remember that you're looking for an overall picture, so after your traumatic cycle last month and the meds, they're almost certain to look a little 'off', but keep at it, they'll straighten out eventually :winkwink:

I'm a newbie too! I just joined yesterday after taking my very first Clomid pill. I'm on CD6 today -- so nervous! I'm 28 and was diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year. I've been taking Metformin to help with the insulin issues since April and since then, I have had a period every month between 29-34 days. That's a first! B/W showed I didn't O last month so I was put on 50mg Clomid this cycle... started yesterday. CD5-9 I would love a buddy!

Welcome Jamie! :flower:

You'll find lots of buddies here, I forget how many of us are on here now, but they're all great ladies to chat to! :thumbup:

Don't be nervous, Clomid has been a godsend to some of us and I'm sure it will help you too :winkwink:

LKPone - Thanks so much for your reply! I looked over your chart and your pattern during the Provera looks just like mine - which is a huge reassurance! I started charting my cycles after they had become irregular, so I've only ever seen my anovulatory charts - I couldn't help feeling a bit worried that maybe my body wouldn't make a normal chart even when I did O, so seeing yours - and the difference that clomid made - was great :) And don't give up hope yet! Your temps are still high above your coverline and could go back up!

Niks - I agree with LKPone, your temps don't look too bad, especially cuz you're still early in your cycle - you could definitely still get a good bbt rise from your O :)

SG_Lady - keep the faith! hcg doubles to triples every 48-72 hours when your pg. Give it 2 more days and test again - it could just be early!

Hi Jamie!

Welcome to the group! I'm on my first round of clomid too and was super nervous as well, but the ladies here are all really great to talk to, which helps a lot!!

Hopefully this will have to be your only round! ;)

Morning all,

Welcome Jamie! You'll find this a very supportive and lovely group of ladies indeed.

So I tested again last night and thought it was a BFN after a couple of mins so threw the test in the bin...I then stepped out and came back about 10 mins later and obsessively took the test back out of the bin just to be compleeeetely sure...and there is the faintest of faintest lines, but definitely there. BUT the brand says to only check the results within the first 5 mins so I dont know if it came up after the the 5 mins or not. Ive brought the test to work with me and keep checking it to make sure Im not going mad and there is definitely a line! Its SO faint though so I think I'll chalk it up to an evap and test again later or tomorrow to see. Eeek! Im either 13 or 14 dpo today so would have been 12/13dpo yesterday. Trying not to read too much into it! What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 9
Welcome Jamie! I hope clomid will work wonders for you :flower:.

SG_Lady - I would say that it could be a very very faint line... as per my understanding even a faintest line is a positive. Test with FMU tomorrow. I am keeping everything crossed for you hun:thumbup:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->