Newborn + toddler - what do you do about healing?

K

Kalah

I was just sat thinking of my never ending debate on how long to wait to have another baby and it occurred to me: What do you do about the time it takes to heal at first after having the new baby? Especially if the older one goes to school how do you get them there? I remember it took me a couple weeks to be able to do much more than lay in bed sore so I'm not quite sure how to do that with a toddler and a new baby! I was lucky this time and had OH home with me all day to help but with the next one he'll be working and I have no family to help so I don't have a clue what I would do! Any insight on this?

Its hard it really is. I was lucky enough that my mum only lives a short bus ride away so she was able to have my eldest while I was in hospital and OH has taken 2 weeks off of work. That being said I was up and about the day after i had Louie doing shopping. I paid for it on the night time but I was ok otherwise. I think you just know you have to get on with it so you do. Louie was born on the Thursday and the Monday after I walked Riley to Nursery x

I suppose it depends on what type of birth you have? They cut me with Monster and I tore with Elf but I wasn't too bad?

My sister had a c-section with both of hers and had to plan to get my mum to stop at hers and help her as her OH had to go back to work.

Monster used to (at that time) go to nursery for one day a week and I found that helped with resting IYKWIM? We were heavily prepared though so I had enough meals and milk etc etc in. We'd made huge batches of spag bol, chilli, lasagne and that and froze them so it was just a matter of defrosting and making the rice/pasta?

If you get yourself prepared it does make life easier :shrug:

I had an easy recovery with both, so honestly wasn't much of an issue for me. Pregnancy was tricky by the end as I was so knackered and Imogen wasn't terribly understanding, but I was running around after both of them the day after I had Teddy.

i think personally you just get on with it my LO was 22months when baby arrived but he was great and understanding mummy couldnt do everything when he wanted ect but i was really lucky with hardly any pain or feeling drained x

As a rule second labours and births are easier. After my first labour I took it easy for about ten days and didn't really leave the house but my second labour was so quick and easy, I was up and about straight away and didn't really suffer and ill effects. You need to plan your support network in advance. I had my DH at home and my mum nearby, also lots of friends who were willing to help out so i got lots of meals cooked and had lots of help with Abigail.

As a rule second labours and births are easier. After my first labour I took it easy for about ten days and didn't really leave the house but my second labour was so quick and easy, I was up and about straight away and didn't really suffer and ill effects. You need to plan your support network in advance. I had my DH at home and my mum nearby, also lots of friends who were willing to help out so i got lots of meals cooked and had lots of help with Abigail.

Oooh thats true for me too...I wasn't even sure I was in labour with Elf at 5.15pm but she'd arrived by 8.03pm and I was out of hospital and getting on with it in no time!!!

I had my 2nd at 5.45pm, was home by midnight and my toddler was dropped off at 9am. My OH was off work for 4 days so I had to get up and do things for myself

It is just something you have to get on with. If family can help then that is great.
When Harrison was born I was lucky as it was half term, so I had a week of nit having to worry. But a week later I was back doing the school run, I had an easy birth but needed stitches which were painful.

I don't like people helping too much, as I didn't want my daughter to feel pushed out. It is harder with more than one, but you can do it. It all slots into place eventually xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->