**Newly engaged girlies!!!**

Congratulations Jess! :thumbup:

As for venues, we are looking at:
https://www.brook-hotels.co.uk/hotels/cheshire/sandbach/chimney-house-hotel/wedding-receptions.aspx
for the reception,
And here, for the Ceremony:
https://www.qhotels.co.uk/weddings.aspx

:happydance::happydance:
I love it.

We might even do it all at the one place to be honest. It's lovely at the Hall x

Two days off work starting now, and we are having tea with the vicar tomorrow!! SCARED!!

just been out for a meal with my mum and dad and im soooooooo excited still!!!!

your right, there is no feeling like it!

Hi everyone I got engaged on Christmas day and a few of you kindly invited me to join the thread :D A big congrats to all you other newly engaged ladies :D

Two days off work starting now, and we are having tea with the vicar tomorrow!! SCARED!!

How did it go with the vicar today?

We're off to look at our first venue tomorrow, which is more than likely where we'll end up having it - and maybe the church next door. (Still got to make the most of the opportunity to look at lots of 'potential' venues though :winkwink:)

www.washingboroughhall.com

Anyone know of any wedding shows near Lincoln soon?

Its all so exciting!!! Congrats stacey!!! You got any plans yet hun??

Ohh 24/7 how did it go today??

There is a wedding show in lincoln on 10th march but thats a bit far away. x

Evening Girls!! :D
Went great with the vicar today, and were all booked and ready to go now!! :D Have some odds and ends to tie up nearer the time such as readings and hymns etc, but apart from that were good to go....

Before we had planned to have the reception just for family and my mum and dads, but I'm thinking now I would like a proper reception for all our friends, but we have a very small budget for this, so, any ideas anyone on how we could do this?

The only way I can think of doing it fairly cheaply is to book somewhere free or cheap like Revolution, etc. I think the main thing that ups the cost (as we've found..) is the food. I think even buffet food tends to be at least £15 per person, which soon adds up if you want a reception for a lot of people.

Also, congratulations on booking! I can't wait to book ours and have a definate date!

How about just booking an area at a local pub (nice one) or resturant and get a meal deal for everyone.

I know you said you find it hard to eat out how about seeing if there is a catering college close to you and ask if one or some of the students want to cater for you at reduced cost for one of there projects.

How about just booking an area at a local pub (nice one) or resturant and get a meal deal for everyone.

I know you said you find it hard to eat out how about seeing if there is a catering college close to you and ask if one or some of the students want to cater for you at reduced cost for one of there projects.
Good idea, I think I'm going to look into it. I just have a feeling that if we have too small a reception I will be disappointed, and if I feel like that now, I doubt it will change as it gets closer. I guess now it feels real, I'm looking at it more seriously, and want to make the right decision.

thank you everybody... and congratulations to everybody!!!

managed to convice H2b to go to the national wedding show in Birmingham NEC in march(5th-7th) wohooooo

really like this place though :
https://www.countryhouseweddings.co.uk/st-audries-park/

thank you everybody... and congratulations to everybody!!!

managed to convice H2b to go to the national wedding show in Birmingham NEC in march(5th-7th) wohooooo

really like this place though :
https://www.countryhouseweddings.co.uk/st-audries-park/

That ceremony room looks stunning!

OoOoO lovely!!! I wanna try convince H2B to go to that fair as well but i know now that i will have no luck... is it really bad to go on my own??? All he cares about is the venue, what he wears and where the booze are... he said everything else is up to me... just let him know what time to show up!! :rofl:

Thats generally my OH's opinion too. :D

Thanks AngelBlue :D Congrats to you too, how did your H2B pop the question?

Thank you too Panda_Ally :D Not made any plans yet but I now have a pile of 8 bridal magazines beside my sofa and we've decided we'd like to book something for summer 2011 so we're hoping to look around some venues in the next few weeks and book somewhere. How about you have you made any plans yet?

im looking at 2011 too but possibly the spring time, no plans yet just knocking ideas around, my oh still wants to get married abroad so no plans at all just yet!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->