Non Food Cravings anyone?!

littleowl

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Ok this is a bit of a strange one!!! OH thinks i'm loopy!!!
During first tri I craved Mr Freeze tip tops, I think this may have been because I was so sick and dehydrated. Since then I haven't craved any foods. But the other day in the shower I started chewing on the sponge!!! and now I can't stop!!!! I just love the texture in my mouth!!! Also in the car the other day I had some wet wipes as we had been on a long journey, I was wiping my hands and the smell and texture of the wipe made me want to chew on it !!!!!:blush:
I have looked on the net and have found something called PICA cravings???
I'm sure it has to be pregnancy related as I have never had anything like this before!!!Has anyone else has any wierd non food cravings or am I really going mad!!! :dohh:

No, I haven't, but I have heard of it! My mom wanted to eat dirt when she was having my brothers(twins). They say you should talk to Dr. about it. TBH, if you just want to chew on a clean sponge, I don't see much harm in that as long as you don't swallow! LOL
I would not put the wet wipe in the mouth though, and you should probably talk to Dr. as you may require a blood test! Could be a vitamin deficiency or something:)

Ive heard of it, its called pica. Heres a link from google: https://www.babycenter.com/404_what...for-non-food-items-during-pregnanc_1186643.bc

I had the sponge thing when pregnant with my son, and I still love the smell of a new sponge and do sometimes bite on them............:blush: x

There have definately been some crazy cravings on BnB and sponges actually seem to be a common unusual one!!

strange as it sounds my mum told me she use to crave the smell of warm tarmack...can just imagin how strange it would look a heavily pregnant woman bent down sniffing the road?!!...but apparently non food cravings are normal

Just don't give in and eat anything that may harm you or LO - wipes are a definite no-no! I have only craved foods so far!

I havent had any cravings at all so far. Sometime I want a roast beef sandwich or I want taco johns, but no crazy ones, but my sister LOVED sponges when she was pregnant haha

I suffer from Pica too, in this pregnancy mainly cement, but in past pregnancies tyres, grout and chalk too :blush:

nothing with this 1. but i did have a thing for charcoal with eldest. it wasnt until they did bloods n found out i was anemic. told mw and she said its a common 1 4 extra iron.

My mom had a craving for firelighter sticks and coal when she was pg with me.
My friend Michelle had cravings for eating face powder and ice cubes with all three of her pregnancies.

I've had 2 MC's and with each of those I craved bbq sauce (even though I hate the stuff) and apple slices dipped in sweet and sour sauce lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->