Not Exciting Anymore :-(

I agree viccat..I don't think age is a barrier to being a wonderful parent one bit. I know so many amazing women who are fantastic mothers and over 35...
I don't think we should let being older worry us at all...in fact I feel in a much better position financially and emotionally now than I was in my twenties :thumbup:

You are definitely not too old and like everyone has said, being older does have some advantages. I had my first at 36, and I felt that I had lived a full life and gained a lot of wisdom. I am also financially stable and have much more patient. Health wise, I have taken great care of myself so that is no problem.

My mom had me at 19, and she often felt guilty that she wasn't able to give me the childhood she thought I deserved. She waiting ten years to have my brother, and his childhood was drastically different. She encourage me to wait until my 30s to have children, and I don't regret it one bit even though it was hard getting pregnant.

And as far as being able to live long enough to see your children through adult hood and your grandchildren, my mom died when she was 54--before I got married and before I had my child. Even the oldest moms usually live long enough to see those events. All of this to say, you should not be hung up on your age AT ALL!

You are definitely not too old and like everyone has said, being older does have some advantages. I had my first at 36, and I felt that I had lived a full life and gained a lot of wisdom. I am also financially stable and have much more patient. Health wise, I have taken great care of myself so that is no problem.

My mom had me at 19, and she often felt guilty that she wasn't able to give me the childhood she thought I deserved. She waiting ten years to have my brother, and his childhood was drastically different. She encourage me to wait until my 30s to have children, and I don't regret it one bit even though it was hard getting pregnant.

And as far as being able to live long enough to see your children through adult hood and your grandchildren, my mom died when she was 54--before I got married and before I had my child. Even the oldest moms usually live long enough to see those events. All of this to say, you should not be hung up on your age AT ALL!

Hi all -

I so agree w/you Cali - my mom had me at 19 as well, and we're best friends. I sometimes regret the fact that I won't be as close in age to my kids, they will be more of a generational gap. However, my mom has always supported me waiting to have kids, and as a result, I'm in a much better place now to have a child, than I ever was in my 20s. Another thing that has helped me view all of this in a different light is that we can't turn back time, we can't move the clock back and be 25 and pregnant. Therefore, I just don't dwell on it, since I can't change the past. Once I let go the regret, this entire ttc journey has been a lot more bearable. Of course it's still frustrating as hell and at times I want to rip my hair out, but still a little easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->