NOVEMBER 2015 RAINBOWS. Please Join Us!

Hey ladies

Well had an ultrasound today to check my uterus wall thickness... good news is it's behaving, it's still 3.7 mm thick... so no concerns yet, still planning for section at 38 weeks - Nov 2. As of today they estimated her weight at 3 lbs 12 oz!! not bad for 30 weeks!! Baby was also head down and has dropped which explains the pressure/pain I have been having. My cervix was crazy long so that's good too!

Bad news is that my bp was up a little, so he checked my urine and there was some protein.. 1+ reading, so did some bloodwork to establish a baseline. I had pre-eclampsia in my first pregnancy... so hopefully this doesn't progress.

Hope the rest of you are all doing well!!

Kim

great news on the good scan and I really hope BP behaves and no more protein:flower:

Glad your uterus wall looks good and hope the pre-e stays away. Doesn't seem like long now.

My girl has been going bonkers lately, I posted a video over in my journal of the "bag of eels" I have under my skin. Otherwise, all seems to be going well thus far :)

Glad the measurements for the baby are looking good Kim! I hope the protein levels out and pre-e stays away.

Katie - that's so sweet. It's nice when they move around a lot. My little man was all over the place the other day and has gone a little quieter now.

Thanks ladies kwynia that's awesome bag if eels... lol my little one isoving lots too jut never that dramatic. .. anterior placenta had been hard for that. She has quiet days or days when I am so busy that I can't remember if I have felt her move. . Then I confess I use my doppler and I am all good :)

It's crazy how close things are.. I see all of the Halloween stuff out and it is making realize how close we are!!! My section is 2 days after Halloween. .. imagine when all of the Christmas stuff comes out!!!

Kim - anterior placenta here too and with my doppler now sometimes I'm not sure if it's placenta or baby. He has been awfully quiet today but when I lay down I can feel him. More like gentle rolls now though and I have to have my hand on my stomach. No solid kicks.
I'm driving myself a little crazy about it and will do a good kick count when DS goes to bed.

ahh Sweet sorry that he's giving you such a hard time!! me too more rolls and/or stretches than anything. It was nice to have the ultrasound today so the tech was able to tell me how she's lying... she has dropped and is back out so I feel her hands down in my pelvis and then she told me where her bum is...

Good luck on your kick count.

A successful kick count! I think he has turned around and his bum is facing my front. That's why I can just feel weird hard spots when I push my hand down. When I was laying down I feel weird jabs towards my back (kidney shots! what a kid!!). Feeling a little better

Kim - Where is her bum?!

Good news on the kick count sweet!!

Her bum is high on my right side so she said I should be feeling her feet on my bottom right and then her hands down low. It is exactly what I have been feeling. Her bum I feel stretching if that makes sense?

it does. That's kind of what I have been feeling. Good that baby is in position (although technically it could still change). I'm very hopeful that they stay that way.

I'm having a c-section anyways, so my ob is not overly concerned about position, but it's nice that she's in the right place. I have a large fibroid near my cervix, so it gets to a point where it's hard for them to turn... that's what stalled me on my first DS, he was "sunny side up" as my doc says hahaha

Sweet do you have any more u/s? Mine didn't mention yesterday.. so definitely not for my next apt in 2 weeks, but maybe the one at 34 weeks..

I have another on the 22nd. I'm not sure if I will have any more after that as I thought the last one was my last.

SweetV are they still measuring your cervix at these ultrasounds?

I forgot to ask whether they measured mine but I think she probably didn't bother doing anything other than baby's size measurements and fluid.

Only abdominal ultrasounds which are not a good indicator of cervical length and they no longer do length with pressure. I would have to push on my stomach as hard as I could to see if the cervix was funnelling with pressure applied to it, I guess it mimics gravity. After 34 weeks they deliver within 24 hours if your water breaks so next goal is 32 then 34 then term (holy moly under 6 weeks!!).
With my luck I'll be 42 weeks and begging to be induced lol.

I'm just going to be whiny for a minute. I'm 99.9% that this will be my last baby and so I'm TRYING to savor it all.
But, I have gestational diabetes and have to go to the clinic every Friday. They up my insulin every time too.
And because of the diabetes I have NSTs twice a week. They only last 30 min but I have to bring my 2 year old. It's hard to entertain her while I'm strapped to monitors.
Plus my regular OB appt every week,
Now because my hemoglobin is so low they want me to go for IV iron infusions.
I'm just getting so fed up with all of it. It's overwhelming and time consuming and expensive!
I want baby boy to be healthy so of course I just keep going but it just seems never ending.
Plus I feel bad dragging my 2 year old to a bazillion dr appts every week.
On a happier note, baby is measuring 50th % and about 4 pounds at last ultrasound so everybody is very happy.

I hope you ladies are having less eventful pregnancies!

mine is just as eventful as yours Love4you :wacko: only I seem a little luckier as I do not need to attend clinic every week as I can ring in my numbers or we have a form we can fill them out on line but my insulin is adjusted twice a week now, but they are being so strict on my numbers it really making it hard work finding what foods I can eat which I am sure you are the same!
then they are worried about fluid around baby it was to high at last scan, I have another at 33 weeks to check that and baby size

had a crazy day blood sugars wise today, had a bad hypo just after breakfast just before I needed to check blood sugars after eating, rang my midwife as they been well above target prior to this, she was concerned and if they had of stayed low they were going to bring me in :dohh: but it must of been a blip because they were fine for the rest of the day and have gone high again this evening even with more insulin :dohh:

big hugs to you :hugs: and at least we know it is so worth it in the end, I am trying to enjoy because like you this is my last baby worrying over GD and excess fluid is making me want it to be November all ready so I can see baby and know he is ok

Oh my goodness love, that sounds like a lot to handle, don't feel bad for complaining, there's still plenty of time inbetween the chaos to savor some special moments.

Love, I'm sorry it's so overwhelming. I definitely feel for you as I also have gestational diabetes and have to go to the diabetes clinic every Tuesday morning and also have growth scans every other Thursday, this in addition to my OB appt. I also have thrombophilia so I have an obstetric hematologist...and I'm still working and doing this around my job, it's a bit of a nightmare really.

But I feel like we'll forget all about it when we have the bundles in our arms in a few weeks. :)

3chords and love4you its such a pity ob and endo are not all in one clinic I feel for you both with so many appointments

My clinic is on a tuesdsy and I see midwifes, OB and endcroligist I'm lucky I think <3

Wont be to long now before we have our little ones in our arms xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->