NOVEMBER 2015 RAINBOWS. Please Join Us!

Congrats LB! So happy for you and I'm keeping everything crossed for you!!

Love the name Ally, esp how you and hubby put it together. Totally adorable.
We chose Lucas William and my mom tells me repeatedly that she hates it. I don't care. My baby, my choice! You can never win.

I had extra fluid with my last pregnancy. They monitor more with ultrasounds. Plus it's super uncomfy to be so swollen. Good luck!

My diabetic numbers have been sucky. I'm now on insulin twice a day and the Dr just keeps upping the dose. Last pregnancy I took insulin 4 times a day so I'm thinking that will happen soon. Ah well.

Been taking iron 3 times a day for low hemoglobin (hello constipation!) but it's not working. Plus I still have low platelets so now I get to see a hematologist too. Yay me.

Plus my 3 non stress tests a week start soon. My bosses told me to go out on leave since my schedule is so crazy. But it would all be unpaid. So no idea how I'll figure this all out.

Glad everybody is doing well. The end is near!!

I love the name Lucas. DH is a big star wars fan so he thinks if we used that name everyone would think baby was named after george lucas or luke skywalker. lol

Congrats LB! So happy for you and I'm keeping everything crossed for you!!

Love the name Ally, esp how you and hubby put it together. Totally adorable.
We chose Lucas William and my mom tells me repeatedly that she hates it. I don't care. My baby, my choice! You can never win.

I had extra fluid with my last pregnancy. They monitor more with ultrasounds. Plus it's super uncomfy to be so swollen. Good luck!

My diabetic numbers have been sucky. I'm now on insulin twice a day and the Dr just keeps upping the dose. Last pregnancy I took insulin 4 times a day so I'm thinking that will happen soon. Ah well.

Been taking iron 3 times a day for low hemoglobin (hello constipation!) but it's not working. Plus I still have low platelets so now I get to see a hematologist too. Yay me.

Plus my 3 non stress tests a week start soon. My bosses told me to go out on leave since my schedule is so crazy. But it would all be unpaid. So no idea how I'll figure this all out.

Glad everybody is doing well. The end is near!!

I hear you on the GD :hugs: my insulin been increased if not every week every second week, 7 injections a day and with a dam cold the last few days I am either high or to low :growlmad: grrrr so annoying! GD does kick up a notch around now though and again at about 33 weeks or there abouts our insulin resistance gets worse!

I have excess fluid around baby this time, not related to my GD as it is well controlled well so my HBA1c says :happydance: I will have another scan at 33 weeks and I guess go from there if fluid is still high I am hoping it evens out though :)

I think Lucas is lovely, no one will care once baby here so ignore them! hope the stress test all go well and you get the iron levels sorted

I like the name as well. My in laws had something to say about both of my kids names and keep asking me to keep it more "traditional". I hope things work out for you love but at least the end is in sight!

Katie - my DH is a HUGE star wars fanatic as well

Celtic - I hope your 33 week scan shows normal fluid levels.

My boys all voted YES on Lucas as they are all Star Wars fans. Me, not so much. But it's still cute!
I really don't understand why anybody feels they get to comment rudely on a name? If you don't like it, fake it.

Anybody else have names yet? I promise to love them all.

We have settled on Ronan. My DS's name is Gaelic as well and my DH was dead set on it. I have come to love it. My in laws HATE it. My mother's reaction "you are actually going to name him that?!" but she has also come around (probably since I called her upset when my in laws yelled at me for giving both my kids horrible names - in front of DS no less).
Sigh... I'm with you, people should just smile and say "that's lovely" no matter what their thoughts are. Parents do put a lot of thought into it.
If there is a next time I'm not saying anything until after the birth certificate is signed.

I love Ronan. I actually have 2 friends who have used that name and I've never heard anybody making fun.
People can suck sometimes. Since we're doing all the baby growing they can just leave their opinion elsewhere.

people are crazy sometimes!!! I love Ronan :)

Sweet have you had your 30 week cervix check yet? are you now no longer high risk?

Love I can't imagine what's wrong with Lucas... hahaha

So sorry to hear about you ladies having GD problems!! that stinks!!!

AFM not a whole lot going on... over the last week I've found walking to be quite difficult, to be honest I feel like I've dropped, and I am having lots of pains in my whoha.... also lots of BH... I see the doc next week where the will measure the thickness of my uterus wall.. I'm not sure what's going to happen... I'm not sure what's "too thin"... I'm petrified that they are going to admit me for a couple of weeks... fingers crossed!!!

Hope everyone else is doing fantastic!!!

Kim

Apparently last week was my last cervical check which is good news. I had a growth scan today and they are not going to let me into low risk care yet. I still feel very little movement with this silly anterior placenta and was at L&D last week as I hadn't felt anything in over 24 hours. Ultrasound shows a happy baby which puts my mind at rest but it would be nice to be able to do regular kick counts.

I hope your lining is in range with what they are looking for!

people are crazy sometimes!!! I love Ronan :)

Sweet have you had your 30 week cervix check yet? are you now no longer high risk?

Love I can't imagine what's wrong with Lucas... hahaha

So sorry to hear about you ladies having GD problems!! that stinks!!!

AFM not a whole lot going on... over the last week I've found walking to be quite difficult, to be honest I feel like I've dropped, and I am having lots of pains in my whoha.... also lots of BH... I see the doc next week where the will measure the thickness of my uterus wall.. I'm not sure what's going to happen... I'm not sure what's "too thin"... I'm petrified that they are going to admit me for a couple of weeks... fingers crossed!!!

Hope everyone else is doing fantastic!!!

Kim

oh good luck Kim hope it is thick enough that is causes no problems :hugs:

we are still thinking of names :haha: but I think I over did the walking yesterday and I am feeling it today think all the house work I had planned for today will have to wait my body says nooooooo

I am also feeling BH and sometimes low pressure in pelvis think this baby moves down and back up again a lot :haha:

had my insulin adjusted and they lowered my breakfast ones but increased the lunch one all the others are the same

hope everyone is having a good day! :flower:

SweetV, people are nuts! Ronan is great, it was our #2 choice and if we have another boy we will go with that.

I was also diagnosed with GD at 25 weeks and some change so I have been on a strict diet for the last 6 weeks. My numbers are excellent so no insulin (yet anyway). It was really hard in the beginning getting used to eating so differently. I go to the endocrinology clinic once a week and will be doing a growth scan next week and then every other week after that.

Hey ladies. Hope you are all doing well. Niamh, you're so right...we are so close!

I booked my c section today, it will be on November 10. I'm so excited and relieved to have a date. I put it in all of my calendars lol.

Nothing to report here (yet), I've been pretty great since my nausea/dry heaves went away at 23 weeks. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but for now I'm enjoying every minute!!!!!!! Just around 10 weeks left :)

Sweet good news on your cervix check.. sorry that anterior placenta is giving you such a hard time!!!

Congrats on the date sunshine!!

Oh and I meant to say that we have picked our little girls name... Victoria Isobel...

Sweet good news on your cervix check.. sorry that anterior placenta is giving you such a hard time!!!

Congrats on the date sunshine!!

Oh and I meant to say that we have picked our little girls name... Victoria Isobel...

Lovely name :)

Oh and tomorrow is my last day of work :) I am taking 8 weeks of sick leave... then my scheduled c-section on Nov 2!!! Crazy!!!

Love the name Victoria. Very regal :)
And congrats on the maternity leave.

My OB just cut my hours from 32 to 16. I was working double shifts twice a week but no more.
Unfortunately that means half pay which is sucky. I was hoping to get Christmas shopping done early before baby comes but I don't know now.

Scheduled for induction on 11/9. I'm ready!

Happy last day of work Kim and Victoria is my step daughters name!

Sunshine and Love - wow on having those dates already!

My OB won't let you go over 39 weeks with insulin dependent gestational diabetes.
However if there are a lot of unplanned deliveries that day than I get bumped.
Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->