November 2017

Happy Mother's Day UK friends ❤

Tie I'm such a mess too. I have horrible nausea some days then I feel better for a couple and it's very stressful because in my head things should get worse and worse. I'm really a basket case. Scan in the morning and I'm praying everything is still ok. My chest hurts from anxiety at times. Not healthy!

Sunbeam, any ideas for how to pass time quickly? The first trimester is the longest weeks in life 😂

3boys I want a Doppler too but I'm not sure if I'd stress more....

I've had one before just after my last mmc and when i found the hb it was great but when i couldnt find it i freaked out so there is definitely pro's and con's. Ttc126 do you have a scan soon? Am i right in thinking you have had one and all was well?

Yes I'd be so nervous of that happening!!!! Ugh tough choices. Let me know what you think when you get yours! You know how stressful PAL is...esp after mmc.
You are right...I've had 3 scans so far with good heartbeats and measuring appropriately so I know I need to calm down! My next scan is in the morning.

You really do need to calm down, when i had my scan last week the tech said that they have a fair idea when a pregnancy will end in a loss, generally the hb is slow or the sac is a funny shape or the baby is behind for dates. She said without these things there is a really high chance that everything is fine.

Although its easier said than done i know. x

I have a Doppler too, found when I got it at 10+4 with dd1 and at 8+6 with dd2.. I want to listen so bad but I did last week at 7+5 and couldn't find it and freaked out (still too early I'm sure but I was sure everything was going well until that day and I know the Doppler had the most to do with it) I originally said I'd try today but I'm too scared to try. I have my scan in the morning, so I may try before going!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow Pink, Im sure it will be fab and I'll be waiting on your update.

3boys, thank you that's very reassuring. I know my RE sees many recurrent loss patients and he seems to think everything will be fine. And I do really need to calm down. You're truly right. Having chest pains from anxiety and stress is not good for me or a baby. Thanks for your encouragement.

Pink, I hope your scan goes well! It's still awfully early for a Doppler I'm sure. Isn't the first trimester just crap????

I would love to go back to the days of my first 2 pregnancies where I peed on a test and just presumed that i would hold a baby at the end of it. I would love that innocence back. First tri absolutely sucks! on your previous losses were there signs that things were not as they should be? I supposed im blessed that with my mmc there were signs, i didnt realise at the time that what they were but i do now, like the hb was slow the shape of sac was strange and baby was really behind in 1 and the other the sac just grew and grew for weeks and weeks but no baby. Ive had some chemicals as well but never had a proper bfp with them

I would love that too! I seriously just believed things would be fine once I saw a positive up until all these losses. I'm so sorry for your losses too.
My first was a chemical but I got one positive then AF started so I wasn't too upset. My first miscarriage I didn't notice much was wrong because my mother in law had died unexpectedly the week we found out. I started spotting and cramping then went in for an ultrasound and found the baby hadn't developed when I was about 6 weeks. I started bleeding heavily that night.
The next one I got a positive then negative then positive then negative. It was super confusing. It was likely an ectopic that resolved on its own my OB thinks. Nothing ever found in uterus but a mass on my ovary that took forever to go away. My hcg was also up and down...odd!
Then my last one I was like you. I actually just knew something wasn't quite right. At 6+3 the baby measured behind with a very squished looking sac but the heartbeat was 155 so I thought it was ok. I know think that heartbeat was quite fast for a baby that barely measured 6 weeks and the sac was wrong. The next appt at 7+1 the baby had barely grown and heartbeat was 78. So at that point we knew I'd miscarry but I ended up with a d&c as my body wouldn't pass it on its own. I thought everything was totally ok in between those two ultrasounds.... embarrassingly we'd told everyone too! :cry:
My sac this time was much more round at 6+6 so I guess that eases my mind. My last scan I measured a day behind but the heart rate increased so i hope that's ok.

oh the measurements are so tiny i wouldnt be worried about a few days. Generally when I'm pregnant i need to have a scan at around 7 weeks and once I see that everything measures ok I completely relax now i know things can go wrong at any time but once you see a proper hb and you are right for dates and sac looks good then your chances of a healthy pregnancy are somewhere in the 90+% range so thats good enough for me. So far once I've seen those things i do end up with a healthy baby, I hope that continues. Just for the record I have read loads of stories of babies being really behind and hearts being slow and everything did catch up so its not always bad news just in case that happens to anyone over the next few weeks.

I really hope if, Lord willing, all looks well tomorrow I can relax a bit....

Hi ladies, Ive been MIA for a while, I have really been struggling with intense diarrhea and just had to keep off the internet. I thought it would go away on its own but didnt, and sorry TMI, it turned dark green from yesterday so I knew my digestive system wasnt properly digeating the food. I took some ginger today and the diarrhea stopped. Still have some bad cramps and the nausea is killing me, but I see my OB tomorow afternoon so hopefully she will reassure me that everything is OK.

Goodluck to all the appointments this week!

Hi ladies, Ive been MIA for a while, I have really been struggling with intense diarrhea and just had to keep off the internet. I thought it would go away on its own but didnt, and sorry TMI, it turned dark green from yesterday so I knew my digestive system wasnt properly digeating the food. I took some ginger today and the diarrhea stopped. Still have some bad cramps and the nausea is killing me, but I see my OB tomorow afternoon so hopefully she will reassure me that everything is OK.

Goodluck to all the appointments this week!
Sounds awful i hope you feel better soon x

Aww Nita I hope you feel better soon! Let us know how tomorrow goes!

Hi ladies, just an update after my appointment. Baby is meassuring about what it should, nice strong heartbeat, doctor didnt tell me how fast though. And she is giving me progesterone until I am 12 weeks, she says its just for incase, as clomid can mess with my hormones, especially the dose I took. She did a pap smear as well, which hurt a lot, and I have some bleeding now, but she said it had to be done. But all in all, we are happy with the progress and cant wait for our next scan at 12 weeks.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-03-27-17-35-33.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-03-27-17-35-33.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5
delighted it went well for you. Why was a pap smear necessary? we dont have them routinely in pregnancy here.

Here they recommend that it be done once a year, and my last pap was done over a year ago. So I sould have done it about 2 months ago already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->