November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

BumpHope,
As Allie said I would definitely ask your Dr about the travel. It is no fun missing out on something if you really don't have to.

Well Ladies..... I had it and I'm....13 weeks 1 day!!!! Baba was amazing absolutely gorgeous and a major wriggler!! Everything looks good, had bloods done for downs but otherwise things look great!!! I'm so happy :) :wohoo:!!!

Sparkle.

Thats wonderful! Im so happy for you! Ive been checking this thread all morning to see how youd gone! Was your scan internal or external? And if external how much water did you drink before? Im trying to wor out when to start drinking so Im not bursting for loo before hand!

Did they give you the fluid measurement that they do for Downs? And when did they say you get your blood results?

Im so so so nervous now.. Been getting butterflies all morning!! I just ope baby is there and healthy!

Hi Sarah!! Thanks :)

It was an external examination and I had to drink a litre of water!! I started 15 minutes before the time I was due!! They said I'll get blood results in 5 days if urgent, if not I'll get a letter...! Don't worry it'll be fine :friends:

Wow..congratulations Sparkle. I am so glad everything went well. They put you quite a few days ahead. You are almost to the second trimester now. I am sure you are happy about that too :)!

I had asked at my last appt. if I should drink water before my scan on Thursday and the lady said no! Hmm...BumpHope/Allie did you have to drink water before yours?

Hi Guys, Warning Rant to Follow!!!

I've just got my date through for my dating scan and its not until 5th June! I will be 15weeks then. Surely this is too late for a dating scan as I believe all babies start growing at different rates after 12 weeks. My last 2 pregnancies have been large (9lb 10oz & 9lb 5oz) so chances are this baby is going follow.

I also asked for a Nuchal Scan due to my age (36) and it will definitely be to late for that its supposed to be upto 13/14 weeks.

Neither Midwife or Hospital are picking up and I don't know what to do. Feel really tearful, most of all I was looking forward to seeing little peach and making sure everything is ok in there.

Rant over,

Glad for everyone who have had their scans and all has been well. Think I'll buy a doppler now just to keep me going the next few weeks.

Hi Girls!

Im back! Good news is baby is healthy and well! Looking gorgeous and was such a relief. Very different scan when its external to internal- dont think the image is as good. I drank 1 litre of water about 45 mins before and was busting for the loo when I went. It was agony when she was rolling the u/s over me!

The bugger is that my hematoma has trippled in size. It was so big that she even asked if I was having twins as she thought it was another sac. So im upset and worried about that. Its measuring 7cm by 6cm. ( was only 2cm*1cm) before. So whilst im thrilled baby is well and very scared about hematoma. Ive been referred to consultant who im seeing on Tuesday. Trying not to think about it and hospital told me not to worry but easier said than done!

xx

Congrats Sarah!!! Sorry about the haematoma, try to think positive ( easier said than done!) at least little one is doing well!! Fantastic news! :happydance:

@ Desi, I'm so happy to nearly be in second tri!! Yay!!

@cherry, I would question why they are happy to wait that long, seems a little unfair to me, but if u live in a small area there might not be enough sonographers for ur area??
Either way I would ask, waiting for 12 weeks was hard enough!

Congrats on your scans, Sparkle and Sarah!

Cherry - Can they prevent you from having an NT scan if you want one? Seems like they wouldn't be able to do that, so you should definitely try to push for an earlier scan.

Desi - I'm going to ask my MW and dr. about traveling. I'm sure they will say it'll be fine. But of course I'll still be super paranoid about having a bleed due to the placenta previa while I am away. If I go, I will be worried the whole time. But if I don't go, I will miss out on two weddings that I would really love to go to. :(
Also, yes I had to drink 16oz before my scan yesterday. By the time I actually had the scan, I felt like I was going to burst. At my anatomy scan, they said to drink 32oz of water and to stop one hour before the scan. If 16oz was so painful, I can't even imagine how bad holding 32oz for several hours is going to be! I'm pretty sure I'm going to pee myself! :haha: In any case, I'm guessing that if they told you not to drink water, you're going to have a vaginal scan. I have had so many of those in the past year that I was so relieved to have an abdominal one yesterday...finally!!

Congrats on the scans ladies! :happydance: Glad the babies are doing well. :)

Sparkle, I think that makes you the furthest on here, maybe you'll have our first baby! :)

Sarah, sorry about the hematoma getting bigger but if the hospital said not to worry that's a good thing! I just read about it after seeing what you wrote and it says out of all pregnancies with SCH only 1-3% miscarry....that's really low, in fact it's about the rate of MC for all pregnacies past 12 weeks if I'm reading that right? But I guess you should expect more bleeding from what I read as it bleeds out. I bet you'll feel better after you meet the consulant next week. :hugs:

Desi, I had an empty bladder with both scans and they didn't say anything. The first scan was with a proper u/s machine and she could make out baby abdnominally with an empty bladder, and my scan last week was vaginal.

Cherry, they aren't even asnwering the phone? So strange, is there anyone higher up you can bug?

My appointment went well this morning, got to listen to the lovely sound of baby's heart beat! :) 150 bpm. I actually told the Dr. about being on a group online with ladies due around the same time and I was worried about placenta previa, and he said at this stage it really means nothing at all even if you do have one, so that's good. I asked about an NT scan and he actually said I could have one scheduled if I really wanted but that hardly anyone ever asks him for one and he doesn't think they are necessary unless I was older. So I said okay.....and then when I left I was like wait, I just turned down a scan. :dohh: Oh well I had a scan last week so I'm going to try not to be greedy and just hold off for 20 weeks.

Allie.

Glad your appt went well. Ive still not heard HB- wonder why they don't listen here.
I don't suppose you can send me the link to the website you were looking at? I've freaked myself out google sch all afternoon and now feel so scared. It's annoying as I wasasking today what the implications are , risks etc. And was just told there's nothing they can do and it's a waiting game.. I was feeling frustrated as I realise there's nothing they can do but still want to understand what it all means.

Just wish the sch would go away so I can enjoj being pg and feel more confident.
We were going to tell people after this scan but now going to wait a bit longer. Im too scared to celebrate..

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry you have to go through all this worry. :hugs: I'm sure everything will turn out fine if they didn't seem too concerned today. Hopefully your consultation can also ease your worries a bit.

Allie - thanks for asking about the placenta previa! Everything I read says the same thing...that it's no big deal this early on. But I guess I'm just worrying for the future. :D I have been meaning to ask you...when are you going to stop your suppositories? Are you stopping cold turkey?

BumpHope -
I am traveling early June and my dr. office asked me to get my complete medical reports before I leave to carry with me on the plane/every where I am. I would probably think that is what your Dr. is going to say too(?)! And I will call my Dr. office and ask about the water and whether the scan is abdominal or vaginal one.

Sarah, here's the link. It says 1-3% mc rate with SCH and that SCH occurs in 1% of all pregnancies (that seems like a lot). Try not to Google! Google has never made me feel better about anything....
https://www.justmommies.com/articles/subchorionic-hematoma.shtml

BumpHope, the Dr. today told me to stop the suppositories cold turkey effective today! 8-[ But the midwife who prescribed them has me tapering off at 13 weeks by doing just one at night instead of at night and am (right now I'm splitting a 100 mg suppository between bedtime and morning). So that's what I'm going to do. What about you? (See, the problem with me is I've now had two 'extra' appointments at a separate clinic as I was trying them out, one with a NP and today with a a doctor...and I've decided as of today to stick with my orginial OB, as I can't keep seeing both and it's already gotten confusing as the doc today gave me different directions than the midwife)

Allie - I'm so scared to stop them even though I know the placenta will take over. Ah, the joys of irrational pregnancy worries! :haha: I'm taking 200mg at night. I'm going to stop the full dose at 13 weeks and then taper off for a week by taking 100mg. I think that is the only way that will prevent me from freaking out. Dr. has approved that. :thumbup:

I did a signature....!! (look below!) What d'ya think?! :shrug: If u guys hate it we can do something else?

Awww sparkle I love it!!!! :) :happydance: Great job!!!

What is the code?

I'm currently worried because about an hour ago I swear I got electrocuted by my laptop! I stood up with it plugged in and it gave me such a long shock that actually hurt! I'm wondering if that could have hurt the baby in some way?

Hi Allie,

Sorry about your shock :( I'm sure the baby is fine, they really are quite protected in there :)

I sent the code to you in your private messages....did you get it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->