November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Im with you Sparkle.. I wish mine was today. I dreamnt about it last night!

My symptoms have really eased off too Allie. Boobs are sore but ive more energy and not really felt sick - only if i eat too much in one go. Which I keep doing as it feels so good to be eating properly again!

Desi- Welcome to 12 weeks!

Thanks girls for your comments. Good luck with your scans this week girlies.....its so exciting, keep us updated, can't wait to see the pics.

Xxx

Sorry Sparkle and Sarah. For some reason I thought your appointments were today. :)!

Thanks Sparkle.I am excited to be finally 12W! Hope this week passes soon!

Happy 12 weeks....or 12 weeks+ to everyone!! Seems like such a landmark!!! Its 2 more weeks till 2nd tri, right?

Good luck to all those with scans and appointments soon :hugs:

:hug:

I can't wait to see some more scan photos. :) :happydance:

Desi, I spoke too soon and got the period like cramps in the middle of the night again too.

Sorry you're so sick still Sparkle!

Yay for 12 weeks! Isi, I think 2nd tri is 13 weeks, I don't know why BnB calls it 14 weeks. :shrug:

Allie,
I don't know the timing stuff is messed up. I went on What to expect (https://www.whattoexpect.com/toolkit/duedatecalc/duedatecalc.aspx) site and put in the LMP (Feb 21,2011), it says
"Congratulations! Your estimated due date is Monday, November 28, 2011, which means you're in week 13 of your pregnancy. "
When I put in my Conception date (March 07, 2011) it says
"Congratulations! Your estimated due date is Monday, November 28, 2011, which means you're in week 13 day 7 of your pregnancy."

How can I be Week 13 day 7? Isn't it Week 12, day 7 or 13 weeks?!What gives?!

Hi Desi
Ive been baffled by that too. I think on What to expect that call you week 13 when you start week 12.. if that makes sense? So when you are 12 +3 you are into week 13.

I think thats because if you work from the start they dont have a week 0. They start at week 1... So when when you just 3 days they call this week one....

That make sense?? It sounds better though!

Ohhhwaaahhhaa! Everytime I think of my scan tomorrow my stomach flips!!

me too Sarah! My stomach has been flipping out all day (well with my ms what's new?? :rofl:! ) Here's to everything being perfect! :)

I had my NT scan this morning and it was the most amazing thing ever! :happydance: I haven't seen beanie since 9wk + 3 days so it was amazing to see how much the baby has changed and how he/she actually looks like a person now. My regular dr's office doesn't have this fancy equipment, so we finally got to hear the heartbeat for the first time; it was 171 bpm. At first, baby didn't want to cooperate but after a few coughs, it moved onto its side and then on its back again...so cool seeing it move around so much!

The results came back good, we don't have to worry about down syndrome or trisomy 18. And once we do the additional bloodwork between 15-20 wks, we will find out if we are at risk for other issues such as anencephaly, spina bifida, SLOS, and abdominal wall defects.

One strange thing though is that the baby is measuring 12 wk + 4 days...5 days ahead of where it should be! Strange, but the tech said that it's normal at this stage for babies to grow at different rates and that my two previous scans at which the baby measured with a due date of 11/29 are going to be more accurate.

Also found out I have placenta previa right now. Just one more thing to worry about I suppose. :wacko: Apparently it's not a big deal in early pregnancy and could change as my uterus grows and by the time I have my anatomy scan. But if it doesn't change and is too close to the cervix by the time I go into labor, I will need a c-section. At the moment I'm just so happy that beanie is looking good but I'm sure in a few days when the high wears off, I'll start to worry about this...*sigh*

Tizy - Congrats on a successful scan!

Good luck tomorrow, Sarah and Sparkle!

Hi BumpHope,
I am so glad the scan went well! It is crazy that the baby is measuring that far ahead. The 12 week e-mail from BabyCenter said that the baby will start looking more human this week!

Congratulations! Try not to worry about the Placenta Previa. May be it will go away soon! But it has got to be a relief having seen the baby now. Do you get any more scans before the gender scan?

Yay BumpHope!!! :happydance: How wonderful! :hugs: Did you get any scan pics? I also had to cough to get baby to move into a measurable position for my dating scan last week.

So how did they diagnose placenta previa, just by your scan? I've heard so many ladies on here getting diagnosed with it but yes what I've read it will most likely move up as you progress.

Yay for measuring ahead, that's really great!

Desi, I don't mind being told I'm a week ahead by What to Expect either. :haha:

I don't have a scan until 20 weeks but I do have an appointment to meet a new Dr. tomorrow so hopefully I'll at least get a listen with a the doppler. :)

Congrats bumphope. wonderful news that your scan went well.

Good luck tomorrow Sparkle. I'll be thinking of you.
I'm off to bed now- hoping I sleep.

X

Thanks ladies!

Desi - I have another scan on June 2, when I'll be 14wks+2days. That will be my fourth time seeing beanie. :) Just a few more days until you finally get to see yours!! :happydance:

Allie - Yes, they diagnosed the placenta previa just from the abdominal ultrasound and seeing that the placenta was over my cervix. She was able to show me so much...the umbilical cord, placenta, cervix, and even the top view of the baby's brain. And then of course I also saw several angles of the face, arms, hands, legs. In the hands I could see the skeleton (or what looks like that anyway) and all the little fingers. So very exciting. It is so crazy to think that that is inside of me! I did get some pics, but that was probably the most disappointing part of the entire visit - since they are zoomed in, they are so blurry. :( And DH didn't get any video this time either. :( Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow!

Okay, too late to hold off on starting to worry about the placenta previa...just googled it! Big mistake. :( Hopefully it will just correct itself. I think I'm just worrying more because I'm supposed to be on the east coast for three weeks in July and now I need to decide if I should cancel my trip out there...the last thing I'd want is to start bleeding in flight or to not have my own dr / hospital nearby while I'm over there. Ugh.

Please don't Google!

Ever since I've been sick with a fever I've been positively freaking out about listeria. It seems anything you can get it, and I'm so worried and wish I had never Googled. :(

I would just ask your doc about traveling, but I bet they will say it's fine. Don't most of the sites say it is usually only a problem in later pregnancy? I'd hate to see you miss a trip but I understand worrying, it's so hard not to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->